Home

NBA2K 2021 RES2 All Star Sliders

This is a discussion on NBA2K 2021 RES2 All Star Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-25-2020, 12:58 PM   #49
LXV
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA2K 2021 RES2 All Star Sliders

How many minute quarters did you use to get these results? And are you using custom rosters or just the standard?
Old 10-25-2020, 04:11 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LXV
How many minute quarters did you use to get these results? And are you using custom rosters or just the standard?
I play on PC with 12 minute quarters, broadcast cam, no shot aiming or shot stick (button only), using real %.

I use a custom roster in season mode with my fully created player Seattle Skyhawks. Some of the details are in he first post. The basics include updated tendencies with less drive, higher dish to open man, higher foul, hard foul, and contest shots. I also increase the foul attribute and get rid of most badges.

There is a post earlier about how to adjust tendencies globally (all players) so it is not very tedious.
Old 10-25-2020, 04:21 PM   #51
Pro

A few more tweaks to the first post.

Lowered inside, close and layups. Adjusted the defense sliders a bit. Dropped CPU Offensive Consistency a little. Lowered offensive rebounding to get a little closer to team averages.

I have been playing with the body up sensitivity slider. Some like it higher, some lower. After experimenting with both I am settling on going lower. I dislike the stickiness and collision animation at higher levels. Lower values allow more flowing offense. But it's important not to abuse it by driving to hard all the time. As with many sliders there are pros and cons to any approach.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2020, 07:16 PM   #52
Pro

vetmin's Arena

OVR: 0

These are pretty good! Your set is the one I've gotten the most realistic stats on (User vs CPU). My only real issue with it is that I see a lot of boneheaded decisions from the CPU -- both the other team and my CPU teammates. Every year I tend to crank Off/Def Awareness up to 100 and sometimes Off/Def Consistency too so that the CPU feels smarter and more deliberate, but from what I've seen so far this kinda breaks some of the nice things about your set. Thoughts on this? I'm going to keep tweaking to see if I preserve the general feel of your set while still having a smarter CPU.
Old 10-25-2020, 07:47 PM   #53
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetmin
Every year I tend to crank Off/Def Awareness up to 100 and sometimes Off/Def Consistency too so that the CPU feels smarter and more deliberate, but from what I've seen so far this kinda breaks some of the nice things about your set. Thoughts on this? I'm going to keep tweaking to see if I preserve the general feel of your set while still having a smarter CPU.
Yeah - the balance it tricky. I like the idea of increasing Off/Def Awareness for better movement and decisions. But then I need to be careful about the shooting percentages. I can offset that with the Defensive sliders or Contest Shot but as soon as you tweak one thing it can have other consequences.

That's why this is so iterative. I feel like I finally get it right and the next version is out and we start again. LOL!

But I like your thinking. Let's keep playing with higher Awareness and see what might need to be adjusted to keep the balance.
Old 10-25-2020, 09:13 PM   #54
Pro

Here is what I'm experimenting with right now.

Off Awareness - 75/85
Def Awareness - 65/75
Off Consistency - 45
Def Consistency - 45

Playing the Bulls. Will post the results.
Old 10-25-2020, 10:20 PM   #55
Pro

Good game against the bulls with these changes. I really did like the movement with the higher awareness settings.

Some observations - I have fewer fouls and turnovers but more points in the paint than I have been. Maybe the higher awareness creates better decisions and limits those stats a little. Need to play a few more games.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2020, 10:28 PM   #56
Pro

Trying a couple of ne changes based on the results from the Bulls game.

Lowered Def Awareness and increased Contest Shots to get a little more fouling. Reduced Attack the Basket and Look for Post Players a little to tame the PIP scoring.

Play another game tomorrow to see how it goes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »