Home

D43 - Slider Tweaks - Player Movement, etc

This is a discussion on D43 - Slider Tweaks - Player Movement, etc within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-21-2020, 11:12 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: D43 - Slider Tweaks - Player Movement, etc

I get the W here, but Chris Paul goes nuts at the end.

Human vs human gameplay. This was a fun one.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2020, 03:34 PM   #42
Rookie

TGraen23's Arena

OVR: 4

Great work! I wrote off 2K20 because the gameplay was so sluggish and looked nothing like what I watch on TV. Long story short I'm playing on broadcast for the first time EVER (used 2K view since Dreamcast), and on a hunt to get the game to "feel" right—player movement, game speed, etc. After trying a combination of EccentricMeat, Shady, and ThaLiveKing, I find your slider edits to be the best answer to my problems with the game.

Keeping game speed at or around 50 is looking better every time I play because the game looks like what you see on TV. Like you mention in one of your posts, you can up game speed to 60 and it might feel better, but it's also hyper speed and masks the real problem. I also think body sensitivity can't be above 50 and I'm amazed how many sets have it at 75 or above. Drive-by's don't seem to exist when it's that high.

All that said, I only tweaked fouls and shooting sliders and I have had a blast so far. Thank you for the edits!
Old 03-24-2020, 10:06 AM   #43
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGraen23
Great work! I wrote off 2K20 because the gameplay was so sluggish and looked nothing like what I watch on TV. Long story short I'm playing on broadcast for the first time EVER (used 2K view since Dreamcast), and on a hunt to get the game to "feel" right—player movement, game speed, etc. After trying a combination of EccentricMeat, Shady, and ThaLiveKing, I find your slider edits to be the best answer to my problems with the game.

Keeping game speed at or around 50 is looking better every time I play because the game looks like what you see on TV. Like you mention in one of your posts, you can up game speed to 60 and it might feel better, but it's also hyper speed and masks the real problem. I also think body sensitivity can't be above 50 and I'm amazed how many sets have it at 75 or above. Drive-by's don't seem to exist when it's that high.

All that said, I only tweaked fouls and shooting sliders and I have had a blast so far. Thank you for the edits!
Thank you! They seem to be improving the experience for many people the same way they improved the experience for me.

And same, I've been playing NBA 2K since the original (and prior with NBA Action 98, a Sega Sports/Visual Concepts title)
Old 03-24-2020, 07:44 PM   #44
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Just chiming in some encouragement here. I haven't played since 2K16, so trying 2K20 was rough. I was trying out sim sliders, etc and it just made the game so hard and it didn't feel smooth.

Your sliders have helped a ton. I am still going to tweak things here and there, but I've loved these.

I've not played much, so had a question for you - how have these impacted post play in your experience? A lot of your videos have more up-tempo games.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:47 PM   #45
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
Just chiming in some encouragement here. I haven't played since 2K16, so trying 2K20 was rough. I was trying out sim sliders, etc and it just made the game so hard and it didn't feel smooth.

Your sliders have helped a ton. I am still going to tweak things here and there, but I've loved these.

I've not played much, so had a question for you - how have these impacted post play in your experience? A lot of your videos have more up-tempo games.

Thanks for the feedback.

The post game feels better IMO, because less sucking in occurs which in turn creates more freedom of movement. It opens up the face up game a bit as well, instead of always being sucked into the defender and forced into slow motion side by sides.

Lowering the body up sensitivity like I did seems to benefit the post game the most.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2020, 11:17 AM   #46
Pro

Last edited by RetroDee4Three; 03-28-2020 at 02:27 PM.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:32 PM   #47
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

I wanted to follow back up after having an amazing game last night.

I was the Bucks and played against the Nuggets. This is in a 30-team MyLeague where I don't currently control any of the teams (more context in this dynasty thread). I was up 10 in the first quarter, then down 20 in the second, then up 16 in the 3rd, and ended up winning by about 10.

The swings, the momentum, and the back and forth were amazing, and I think these changes facilitated that.

However, as I continue to work to make these challenging, realistic, and fun, I had 2 questions that you may be able to help with:
  1. I really struggle with on-ball and perimeter defense, as I think the "sucking in" made it easier for me to play it. When guarding Russell Westbrook, the Rockets quick backup PG, or Jamal Murray, I really sucked and was blown by quite regularly. Is there a trick or slider changes to make for on-ball defense? Or was it because I was guarding some exceptionally talented players and they should be hard? I must admit I didn't struggle as much with Michael Porter, Gary Harris, or Will Barton
  2. Giannis went off in my game last night, scoring 50+. He's good, but it definitely felt like "if I want to get to the rim, nobody can stop me" especially on fast breaks. It was basically a guaranteed dunk or layup in transition every time. This may be realistic, but I wanted to know if you experienced this with your best players and if you had suggestions.
Old 03-29-2020, 11:04 PM   #48
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
  1. Giannis went off in my game last night, scoring 50+. He's good, but it definitely felt like "if I want to get to the rim, nobody can stop me" especially on fast breaks. It was basically a guaranteed dunk or layup in transition every time. This may be realistic, but I wanted to know if you experienced this with your best players and if you had suggestions.

As an aside, I feel like Giannis is just hopelessly OP. When I'm testing sliders, I end up playing the Bucks a lot (because by default Play Now starts with the 76ers and Bucks alphabetically, and I replace the 76ers with my team). The one common denominator in like every slider set is Giannis just being a beast and a half.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »