Home

Major fix for player movement/ gameplay

This is a discussion on Major fix for player movement/ gameplay within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-22-2019, 02:26 AM   #17
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Major fix for player movement/ gameplay

The one thing I forgot to mention is the ball movement by the cpu. They work the ball around and find the open man. They just don’t duck their head down and drive straight to the basket. If you double the guy with the ball the find the open man. They also get the ball to their stars like they should. Especially at the end of the games during clutch time. The Clippers isoed George down the stretch and it was a thing of beauty.
Same thing with the Blazers. Lilliard looked to score the last 6 minutes every time down as it was such a close game.
Old 11-22-2019, 07:49 AM   #18
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
All I can say is wow! This set is legit! Best set I have used. It just feels like NBA basketball! Played 2 games just now and they were the 2 funniest most realistic games I have played this year!
First game was a 110-102 loss vs the Clippers in my Lakers season. George was clutch down the stretch and finished with 37. They shot 47% I shot 46.
Second game I beat the Blazers 110-109 LeBron hit a shot at the buzzer for the win. He ended up with 40. I shot 44% they shot 45.

These settings make you play smart or you will get killed. And again the player movement is spot on! I have find my keeper set of sliders.
The only thing I noticed is the cpu gets a ton of offensive rebounds. I’m ok with that tho and I am afraid to adjust anything for fear of messing up how well these play.
Hats off to you brother you have made the perfect set of sliders for this game.
Did I mention how fun they are? Lol
Thank you! I feel the same way about adjusting. I try to keep it as close to a base HOF set as possible.
Old 11-22-2019, 01:17 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 1

well I have to admit, I was curious about your set which is close to HOF default setting.

First a question about the controller setting because I read default in previous posts but since I modify this value a bit, I don't remember what is default...

I put D at 0 and boxout at 0 for the tests then... (what are the correct values please? so I can test properly)

- nice play from cpu
- gamespeed and pace of the game are nice
- too easy to drive to the rim and scored for both user and cpu
- contact value is too low, I have players who seems oily when they touch the opponents and it's the same for opponents against me
- i play with real player % and the FG% is a bit low
- too many offensive rebounds for both user and cpu
- due to this, FGA is a bit high
Old 11-22-2019, 03:20 PM   #20
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanax
well I have to admit, I was curious about your set which is close to HOF default setting.

First a question about the controller setting because I read default in previous posts but since I modify this value a bit, I don't remember what is default...

I put D at 0 and boxout at 0 for the tests then... (what are the correct values please? so I can test properly)

- nice play from cpu
- contact value is too low, I have players who seems oily when they touch the opponents and it's the same for opponents against me
I’ll check on the box out and defensive setting but they are on default. I use shot timing for shots and lay ups.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:54 PM   #21
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanax

- nice play from cpu
What kind of FG% are you getting?
Mine have been perfect with this set.
Also I would strongly disagree on its too easy to get by your defender.
This is the first set I can’t blow my guy at will.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2019, 05:27 PM   #22
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
What kind of FG% are you getting?
Mine have been perfect with this set.
Also I would strongly disagree on its too easy to get by your defender.
This is the first set I can’t blow my guy at will.
Yeah I feel my shooting% is pretty much on point. And getting to the rim is not that easy for me either. You really have to get that first step via crossover or screen and even then it’s still the matter of finishing at the rim. But the OP’s stick skills might be better than ours and that’s ok. It’s the movement and flow that I’m looking at. The CPU is so boosted that I feel that the balance is just right with shot timing for shooting and layups.
Old 11-22-2019, 05:33 PM   #23
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
Yeah I feel my shooting% is pretty much on point. And getting to the rim is not that easy for me either. You really have to get that first step via crossover or screen and even then it’s still the matter of finishing at the rim. But the OP’s stick skills might be better than ours and that’s ok. It’s the movement and flow that I’m looking at. The CPU is so boosted that I feel that the balance is just right with shot timing for shooting and layups.
Not saying this is the case with the guy who posted above. But a lot of people post on here that they cant shoot 50%. When the NBA average is About 45%.
Old 11-22-2019, 06:08 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 1

FG% was around 30-35% but I think it is real player % dependant because Brokke said he's using timing shot.

and about the defense I think it really depends on the controller settings (I mean about the D intensity and the boxout and Brooke said default setting but I don't know the value for each of them so I put 0 and 0)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »