Home

Schnaidt1's 2k20 MyLeague and Gameplay Sliders

This is a discussion on Schnaidt1's 2k20 MyLeague and Gameplay Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-25-2020, 06:38 PM   #865
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Schnaidt1's 2k20 MyLeague and Gameplay Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
Update/ Rant

Okay, so. I made a lot of headway yesterday with progression and regression. I will not be testing it further. It is better than my original, but still not as good as anyone would want.

Here is the issue.

It is nothing to do with the growth, peak, or decline sliders

It has nothing to do with the progression/ regression slider.

It has EVERYTHING to do with the POTENTIAL rating.

I'll elaborate. Do me a favor, create a test myleague, no need to import anything because you will delete it instantly. Choose the start today option. Once inside, immediately go to rosters, scroll over to all players, then sort by overall, highest being at the top.

Next, I want you to scroll to the right until you get to potential, should be the last one, then, I want you to start counting. Count how many players are either A+, A, or A-. Then the same for B, and C.

Count until you hit 70 overalls and stop.

I think you will realize the problem.

I do not know what has happened to mr. Stauffer since leaving for 2k, but he seems to have lost his "sim" mindset. Rating inflation was a huge issue last year as well, everyone talked about how in a 5 year sim, the player base would inflate to 200 players rated in the 80s, up from the 63 in the default roster.

Not only were we ignored and had 0 adjustments made to the progression system or the potential rating causing the issue, but this year's roster bumped up the number of players rated in the 80s by 20!!!

The issues this causes when trying to run a franchise for several years is huge roster inflation = everyone wants high pay, no salary cap room, draft picks don't play because teams all have 6 or 7 guys on their roster rated in the 80s. Roster talent gaps are erased, every team is as good as every other team. And you have guys going unsigned sitting in free agency because they want to much money because they are rated in the 80s.

Say what you want about Madden, but they at least spread out the ovrs this year and give us a tool to keep inflation at Bay.

Now, can this issue be fixed?? Of course, ideally mr. Stauffer drops a roster update that fixes all of this. It's doubtful. So, we as a community can come together on this.

I will be making a roster for myself and everyone to use. I will be touching only 2 ratings in this roster: Potential and intangible.

For those of you who don't know, intangible rating does nothing, its 2ks cheat to adjust a players rating up or down without touching any other ratings. I'll be using this to spread out the overalls without touching any players ratings.

As far as potential goes, I'll be spreading that out as well, obviously. Gotta give a lot of players C and D ratings.

I will gladly take suggestions on Potential ratings for Individual players.

1 last thing. I think if we all KINDLY, AND POLITELY addressed our concerns with some of the developers at 2k, we might get a change for next year. Devs are more willing to listen to people who are giving constructive criticism in a positive manner vs those who talk down to them and berate them.

If enough of us reach out, I am hopeful for next year.

End rant/update.

https://www.youtube.com/user/schnaidt1

Ive often wondered what happen to Stauffer once he went to work for 2k. He is no better at doing rosters, than the previous person, the so called NBA insider, LOL.

I dont know if its a lack of time, to work on the rosters, or if he is given the ratings and tendencies to input into the game. Now I wasnt as big of fan of Stauffers rosters, before he went to work for 2k, as some people were, it was more me prefering using a wider ranging scale in editing that he did, but his edited roster played well.

But the rosters ratings, namely tendencies havent really improved much since he went to work for them. Why Im not sure, considering all the technology that 2k has at their fingertips, they should be able to get tendencies right, so not just gameplay but also simulated stats in My League would be more accurate.
I had high hopes when he went to work for their that rosters would improve with him working on them, but unfortunately thats not happened. Now whether thats his fault or not, who knows. It may very well be out of his hands, for all we know, so Im not going to put the blame on him. But its definitely disappointing, that we have to spend so much time, editing rosters, and adjusting sliders to try and fix the game so it simulates somewhat close to the real NBA.

This is just my guess, but I would say, Stauffer and/or whoever else who works on the roster ratings, likely have too many other things, they are being made to work on, that the player ratings are a after thought. Its clear that the 2k Exec's could care less about making a NBA simulation, because all the focus is on the online gimic/fantasy modes, like MyTeam, and the whole park and rec crap.

I mean, heck we have a basketball game thats called NBA2k, yet the only focus is on fantasy crap, and that park crap, with dodgeball, those cages with those trampolines things, among the other crap thats in their virtual park, including playing dress up Barbie with your MyPlayer character. This game has very little to do with the actual NBA, as the title suggest. They only hold the NBA license, for namesake only, as its no longer about making a actual NBA simulation.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2020, 07:57 PM   #866
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

I agree with most of this, however, although post release is 100% myteam and my career related for the most part. They do add a bunch of things to Franchise and mygm during the dev cycle. Do they work 100% as advertised or as we want? No. But they do still give us way more of an in depth franchise mode than Madden. Even if post launch support is lacking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Ive often wondered what happen to Stauffer once he went to work for 2k. He is no better at doing rosters, than the previous person, the so called NBA insider, LOL.

I dont know if its a lack of time, to work on the rosters, or if he is given the ratings and tendencies to input into the game. Now I wasnt as big of fan of Stauffers rosters, before he went to work for 2k, as some people were, it was more me prefering using a wider ranging scale in editing that he did, but his edited roster played well.

But the rosters ratings, namely tendencies havent really improved much since he went to work for them. Why Im not sure, considering all the technology that 2k has at their fingertips, they should be able to get tendencies right, so not just gameplay but also simulated stats in My League would be more accurate.
I had high hopes when he went to work for their that rosters would improve with him working on them, but unfortunately thats not happened. Now whether thats his fault or not, who knows. It may very well be out of his hands, for all we know, so Im not going to put the blame on him. But its definitely disappointing, that we have to spend so much time, editing rosters, and adjusting sliders to try and fix the game so it simulates somewhat close to the real NBA.

This is just my guess, but I would say, Stauffer and/or whoever else who works on the roster ratings, likely have too many other things, they are being made to work on, that the player ratings are a after thought. Its clear that the 2k Exec's could care less about making a NBA simulation, because all the focus is on the online gimic/fantasy modes, like MyTeam, and the whole park and rec crap.

I mean, heck we have a basketball game thats called NBA2k, yet the only focus is on fantasy crap, and that park crap, with dodgeball, those cages with those trampolines things, among the other crap thats in their virtual park, including playing dress up Barbie with your MyPlayer character. This game has very little to do with the actual NBA, as the title suggest. They only hold the NBA license, for namesake only, as its no longer about making a actual NBA simulation.

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 01-25-2020, 11:00 PM   #867
Rookie

jared3k994's Arena

OVR: 0

Great work Schnaidt! I’m just wondering if the changes you’ve made (the ones you mentioned in your previous few messages) have been added to your MyLeague test sliders to be downloaded?
Old 01-26-2020, 01:41 AM   #868
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

What previous messages are you referring to? Knowing this will help me answer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jared3k994
Great work Schnaidt! I’m just wondering if the changes you’ve made (the ones you mentioned in your previous few messages) have been added to your MyLeague test sliders to be downloaded?

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 01-26-2020, 03:50 AM   #869
Rookie

jared3k994's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
What previous messages are you referring to? Knowing this will help me answer

The morale/chemistry
Old 01-26-2020, 04:37 AM   #870
Rookie

Doesn't the attention to detail roster by CelticLG34 have all the potentials adjusted already?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-26-2020, 08:27 AM   #871
MVP

Teleo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by theohudson1
Doesn't the attention to detail roster by CelticLG34 have all the potentials adjusted already?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Operation Sports mobile app
Yes it does
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2020, 09:13 AM   #872
Rookie

Ok. Which roster should we use then? The one from Celtic or should we wait for your one?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »