Home

General Sliders (for all difficulties & playtypes!)

This is a discussion on General Sliders (for all difficulties & playtypes!) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-18-2019, 12:16 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: General Sliders (for all difficulties & playtypes!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsFanatic10
Alright so I played the same matchup Celtics vs Magic on Superstar this time and got beat 105-97 despite shooting 47% to their 44% overall. Their bigs did most of the damage inside. Really goes to show the difference in difficulty level though despite using the exact same sliders. I feel like All-Star is the best difficulty this year like Da Czar said as far as realism. Superstar and especially HOF are for those who are insanely good and need a big challenge, or spam certain exploits maybe. I should mention that I just leave all the coaching on auto (habit from playing player lock career) so maybe if I were really good with the adjustments I'd do better on higher levels. But what I like about All-Star is that it seems if you are the better team and play well you'll win more often then not, and get some blowout victories as well and visa versa. On Superstar it seems like the CPU can keep it close no matter what and blow out better teams even too often.
I 100% agree with you. Superstar and hall of fame get to cheesy for me. All star right now seems the best way to go for the actual realism. If I’m using golden state in a my league I shouldnt lose 5 games straight , especially not to teams who aren’t very good. Of course in real life nba ANYTHING can happen but I wanna find the median. A difficult and sliders that can produce different out comes. Id like to go on a 4 game winning streak then get destroyed by 40. The sliders on the main page work with all star or do they have to be adjusted some? I’ve heard every difficulty will have different numbers?
Old 01-18-2019, 12:39 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderjustin9833
I 100% agree with you. Superstar and hall of fame get to cheesy for me. All star right now seems the best way to go for the actual realism. If I’m using golden state in a my league I shouldnt lose 5 games straight , especially not to teams who aren’t very good. Of course in real life nba ANYTHING can happen but I wanna find the median. A difficult and sliders that can produce different out comes. Id like to go on a 4 game winning streak then get destroyed by 40. The sliders on the main page work with all star or do they have to be adjusted some? I’ve heard every difficulty will have different numbers?
The exact same ones on the main page are working well for me on all-star. Haven't changed em yet but always testing things out. You can either download the all-star version I put off 2K share, or just go to All-Star on your difficulty and then input them from there. If you are worried about it not being enough of a challenge, I was too at first but it's still proving to be rewarding to win.

Last edited by SportsFanatic10; 01-18-2019 at 12:42 AM.
Old 01-18-2019, 01:10 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsFanatic10
The exact same ones on the main page are working well for me on all-star. Haven't changed em yet but always testing things out. You can either download the all-star version I put off 2K share, or just go to All-Star on your difficulty and then input them from there. If you are worried about it not being enough of a challenge, I was too at first but it's still proving to be rewarding to win.
I pulled the sliders from 2k share. Gunna try them on all star and I’ll let you know what happens!
Old 01-18-2019, 01:18 AM   #20
Rookie

I actually use the player lock camera lol. Thinking about changing it bc it makes defending a little bit harder but because of the angle the camera is at. What’s your opinion?
Old 01-18-2019, 02:44 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
I pulled the sliders from 2k share. Gunna try them on all star and I’ll let you know what happens!
Alright sounds good. Looking forward to seeing how you find it works out. One thing Da Czar said in his video (below) is All-Star is a little more forgiving on release timing, he thinks the best middle ground. And he said there's more of a range and difference between good defenders and poor ones. Says it's best for realism and I'm really starting to agree. My pride made me start on HOF, then I finally moved to SS and now think I'm finally happy here at All-Star.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6SJ9SWxOrk

Quote:
I actually use the player lock camera lol. Thinking about changing it bc it makes defending a little bit harder but because of the angle the camera is at. What’s your opinion?
Wow lol I've tried that one out for awhile for actual player lock and found it hard. Must be intense controlling everyone! I did like it, but once I tried Drive with zoom and height both at 1 I was hooked. It does spin around like the 2K cam unfortunately, but once you are used to that again it really makes things easier I think.

Last edited by SportsFanatic10; 01-18-2019 at 03:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2019, 11:43 AM   #22
Rookie

I’m absolutely staying with all star. I lost to the pacers last night by 12. If I was on superstar I probably would have lost by 20+. All star will be my difficulty moving forward. I’m gunna try out the drive cam and see if that can make things a little easier for me.

Last edited by Elderjustin9833; 01-18-2019 at 11:45 AM.
Old 01-18-2019, 06:03 PM   #23
Rookie

Hey, i tested your sliders on a new my league on all-star difficulty, and I reaaally like it! I'm gonna continue with those for a while, the gameplay feels quite realistic and so do the stats (and i was impressed of how realistic the stats when simming games as well).

Keep up the good work!
Old 01-18-2019, 06:40 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
I’m absolutely staying with all star. I lost to the pacers last night by 12. If I was on superstar I probably would have lost by 20+. All star will be my difficulty moving forward. I’m gunna try out the drive cam and see if that can make things a little easier for me.
Ya All-Star is no joke! Almost finding it a bit much at times now...this game is hard man! Been considering a few slider changes lately but really don't want to unequal the balance of having all User/CPU sliders the same lol. Something about that just seems right to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26Belhanda
Hey, i tested your sliders on a new my league on all-star difficulty, and I reaaally like it! I'm gonna continue with those for a while, the gameplay feels quite realistic and so do the stats (and i was impressed of how realistic the stats when simming games as well).

Keep up the good work!
Awesome! Thanks for trying them out! Been hoping to get some more people with input on them. Let me know how you're finding them as you play some more games and if you see anything you think could be improved.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »