Home

General Sliders (for all difficulties & playtypes!)

This is a discussion on General Sliders (for all difficulties & playtypes!) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-16-2019, 05:28 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
re: General Sliders (for all difficulties & playtypes!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderjustin9833
LET THE BLOWOUTS HAPPEN!! Look at the real life NBA games last night. 4+ teams won by more than 30 points! The only time I will change the sliders, if I get blow out by more than 20 in 2-4 games straight. The game I played I was up 15 on Orlando and then lost by 6 in Overtime. I was the hawks , so honestly I could see that happening. My problem with HOF is the unrealistic cpu sticking to you like glue unless you starting lowering numbers by a lot. I think the game was meant to stay around default numbers. Also I only think 2k gives us the option to change sliders around are for the people who like to hit 75 3’s in a game and win 162-35.
Completely agreed man for sure. I'm just trying to find the perfect difficulty for my current skill level since I haven't played 2K18 and barely played 2K17. I'm trying All-Star with the exact same sliders now just because I want the blowouts to go both ways sometimes. It's always close or I get blown out on Superstar so far lol. It sounds like you had a good game! I actually lost in double OT to the Hawks with the Heat yesterday on Superstar as well.
Old 01-16-2019, 05:33 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
A lot of people also don’t realize the more you change the sliders , the different animations you will be able to trigger. The animations on 2k are at its maximum high when around or at default numbers. When 2k test the game ( remove and add animations ) they play on default settings. So if you start changing every thing around it’s gunna make the game lop sided
Yes I don't like to change them too much for all the same reasons. I started out trying to find something that worked good for player lock, but in trying to stay true to the game ended up with something that seems to work good for pretty much all difficulty levels and ways of playing (CPU vs CPU/ User vs User / User vs CPU / Player & Position Lock). I'm debating changing the thread title to General Sliders to attract more people to try them out and get more input to help perfect them. I have a google doc spread sheet to show just how little I've messed with the base All-star sliders besides tweaks. Just needed to max out fouls since there are so few and fix tendencies pretty much.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Last edited by SportsFanatic10; 01-16-2019 at 05:36 PM.
Old 01-16-2019, 06:17 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsFanatic10
Yes I don't like to change them too much for all the same reasons. I started out trying to find something that worked good for player lock, but in trying to stay true to the game ended up with something that seems to work good for pretty much all difficulty levels and ways of playing (CPU vs CPU/ User vs User / User vs CPU / Player & Position Lock). I'm debating changing the thread title to General Sliders to attract more people to try them out and get more input to help perfect them. I have a google doc spread sheet to show just how little I've messed with the base All-star sliders besides tweaks. Just needed to max out fouls since there are so few and fix tendencies pretty much.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Yeah that’s a great idea! I’m sure a lot would think these sliders are helpful. But with any other slider thread people will have bizarre opinions. Im excited to see what you have planned!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2019, 06:19 PM   #12
Rookie

I also like your idea of have different sliders from the difficulties! A lot of players want realistic stats but just aren’t good enough to beat HOF. Some are too good and will look like the 73-9 Warriors playing on pro. It’s nice to be able to choose realistic sliders to fit how good you are. Again , thank you !!!
Old 01-17-2019, 12:25 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
I also like your idea of have different sliders from the difficulties! A lot of players want realistic stats but just aren’t good enough to beat HOF. Some are too good and will look like the 73-9 Warriors playing on pro. It’s nice to be able to choose realistic sliders to fit how good you are. Again , thank you !!!
Even though right now I just have them all as universal, the difficulty changes themselves should give quite a good variety of challenge for people...while maintaining realistic stats and gameplay. At least that's the idea lol. I'm just glad someone's tried them out and enjoyed them so thank you. I have PMed a Mod hoping to get the thread title changed so that people won't think they are just player lock anymore.
Old 01-17-2019, 04:03 PM   #14
Rookie

Re: General Sliders (for all difficulties & playtypes!)

On a 4 game losing streak ( using the Superstar set )
Thinking I might try the all star set. A lot of times I feel like I can’t defend and they run right past me. I’m using the Celtics , so I’m not a Terrible team. Running plays , iso and pick and roll just seems to not work. Even against bad teams with less that 15 wins on the season:/
Old 01-17-2019, 05:37 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
On a 4 game losing streak ( using the Superstar set )
Thinking I might try the all star set. A lot of times I feel like I can’t defend and they run right past me. I’m using the Celtics , so I’m not a Terrible team. Running plays , iso and pick and roll just seems to not work. Even against bad teams with less that 15 wins on the season:/
Ya give it a try on All-Star, that's what I'm still using. If the feeling of not being able to defend persists, I'd maybe try putting defensive assist with intense D back up to 50 to see how that feels. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by the plays not working? Is it maybe help defense or play passing lanes being too high do you think? I have help defense up at 85 to make it harder to get to the rim and also to try and create a better drive and kick game. The passing lanes at 80 to prevent spamming pick and roll and force feeding the center under the basket at will as well as creating turnovers. But maybe it's too much. I'm curious what camera you like to use as well? Just because I find all that so much harder on broadcast and use 2k or drive so just wondering if that factors in or not.

Edit: I just played the Magic with the Celtics on All-Star without player lock specifically looking for those issues your having. Everything seemed pretty good at least to me on All-Star so definitely try that out. I won 98-84 and shot 53% to their 35%. I'll try the same matchup on Superstar later to compare.

Last edited by SportsFanatic10; 01-17-2019 at 06:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2019, 09:07 PM   #16
Rookie

Alright so I played the same matchup Celtics vs Magic on Superstar this time and got beat 105-97 despite shooting 47% to their 44% overall. Their bigs did most of the damage inside. Really goes to show the difference in difficulty level though despite using the exact same sliders. I feel like All-Star is the best difficulty this year like Da Czar said as far as realism. Superstar and especially HOF are for those who are insanely good and need a big challenge, or spam certain exploits maybe. I should mention that I just leave all the coaching on auto (habit from playing player lock career) so maybe if I were really good with the adjustments I'd do better on higher levels. But what I like about All-Star is that it seems if you are the better team and play well you'll win more often then not, and get some blowout victories as well and visa versa. On Superstar it seems like the CPU can keep it close no matter what and blow out better teams even too often.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »