Home

Slider to reduce "player glue"

This is a discussion on Slider to reduce "player glue" within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-21-2018, 07:56 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Slider to reduce "player glue"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koosa1027
I have more free time than ever this weekend (except when my Alabama Crimson Tide play) so I'll be testing sone things out. Really loving the game on default but want to hone in on the movement.

~Koosa10:27~
I agree with you. I posted earlier but it got lost since everyone is stuck on the body sensitivity slider. I even put it to 100 and the theory still holds.

Starting with Allstar as the base, my current changes are:

Game Speed 46
Body Up Sensitivity 100
Driving Contact 100
Inside Contact 100

Movement Sliders:
Speed Max with and without 85 (min at default 30)
Acceleration Max with and without 100 (min at default 30)

The key is creating speed/acceleration separation with the players. This makes it feel snappier and no suction. I put that at 100 to confirm.

It seems to trigger the hip ride animation more, but the player speed and acceleration allows movement without brick wall suction.

Last edited by ParisB; 09-21-2018 at 08:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2018, 08:02 PM   #26
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
I agree with you. I posted earlier but it got lost since everyone is stuck on the body sensitivity slider. I even put it to 100 and the theory still holds.

Starting with Allstar as the base, my current changes are:

Game Speed 46
Body Up Sensitivity 100
Driving Contact 100
Inside Contact 100

Movement Sliders:

The key is creating speed/acceleration separation with the players. This makes it feel snappier and no suction. I put that at 100 to confirm.

It seems to trigger the hip ride animation more, but the player speed and acceleration allows movement without brick wall suction.
I'll test this with you tonight!

SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~
Old 09-21-2018, 08:07 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koosa1027
I'll test this with you tonight!

Let me know. I probably won't get much time this weekend so I'd like to hear others feedback.

Like every year, there's multiple ways to attack issues. Normally I don't like falling into Slider Hell where I spend more time tweaking than playing. I also like to keep a many attribute sliders at 50. And only adjust movement and tendencies.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:41 PM   #28
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

Quote:
Let me know. I probably won't get much time this weekend so I'd like to hear others feedback.

Like every year, there's multiple ways to attack issues. Normally I don't like falling into Slider Hell where I spend more time tweaking than playing. I also like to keep a many attribute sliders at 50. And only adjust movement and tendencies.
100% agree! I'll try to get a game or 2 in after I watch the #SimHangout tonight. I'll keep you posted.

SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~
Old 09-21-2018, 11:42 PM   #29
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Game Speed 46
Body Up Sensitivity 100
Driving Contact 100
Inside Contact 100

Movement Sliders:

I tried this with only one game tonight, and only the Movement Sliders, but I think it did a good job of getting rid of a lot of the sticky-ness.

I tried the Body Contact both at 0 for a half, and at 100 for a half, and I'm not sure I could tell the difference to be honest.
Old 09-24-2018, 01:32 AM   #30
Rookie

Fredette's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Playing on All-Star. Dropped body sensitivit to zero for the USER and CPU. Also, lowered on-ball D to 40 for both User and CPU.

Those are the only changes. Game feels A LOT better. Feels more fluid, organic, and players move around the floor better. The CPU can still play good D, particularly with a great defender.

Thank you for the recommendations!
This helped me so much. I was so frustrated the last weeks with NBA2K19 but couldn't stop playing. Now it feels smoother and overall better for me.

Must also test the other recommandations. Thanks for all the help!
Old 09-25-2018, 05:51 PM   #31
Rookie

Firstly I would like to say what's up to all here at Operation sports I'm a longtime lurker that finally decided to register to this great sports gaming forum.
I have a question pertaining to the difficulty levels (HOF particularly) and it's level of effect on the cpu's attributes. I remember reading in the past that the cpu gets an increase in certain attributes depending on the level you were playing on with HOF seeing the most significant buff. I was wondering with this years game is it the same story or is there a new type of a system set up when playing on higher difficulty levels this time around? I'm aking because I would like to know what sliders adjustments would be needed to offset the buffs to the cpu's attributes while still keeping the challenge of shooting on HOF difficulty intact. Thank you in advance to anyone that could answer my questions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2021, 04:06 PM   #32
Pro

I'm on 2k20,Shady mike's sliders,and I've suffered this glued together thing for years,found out I'm at 100/100 for body up sensitivity,but lowered it to 50/50 makes a big difference,not sure 0/0 is the answer since you'll be blowing past players,but so far for me 50/50 feels great,still tough the first step but once you're free you're l good

Xbox :ettnollbajen

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »