Home

Slider to reduce "player glue"

This is a discussion on Slider to reduce "player glue" within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-13-2018, 11:20 PM   #9
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Slider to reduce "player glue"

Next step, lowering game speed a bit in hopes of getting rid of that "floaty" feel with the players. Also some minor adjustments to offensive consistency to get FG % down.

Game feels really good though.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:41 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 14

The body up sensitivity slider is the biggest culprit, and all you really need to change.

Decrease on-ball D also helps.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:12 PM   #11
Pro

ramspeedkill's Arena

OVR: 3

body up sensitive - which way to make it easier to get past CPU ( i am guessing right side? towards 100)? on some of the games i just want speed boost with d.mitchell or a. gordon and just dunk over cpu...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2018, 05:20 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramspeedkill
body up sensitive - which way to make it easier to get past CPU ( i am guessing right side? towards 100)? on some of the games i just want speed boost with d.mitchell or a. gordon and just dunk over cpu...
Reduce it to 0 to make it less sensitive
Old 09-14-2018, 05:53 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramspeedkill
Down.

I dropped it to 25. The lower you go, the less likely it will trigger the brick wall animation. Instead, you see more of the hip riding animation which is more realistic.

The On Ball D lowering helps with the suction D also. I had enough when I pump fake to get him in the air, but he was able to drop down, recover, and slide back in front of me.

Also try increasing acceleration under the movement sliders. This helps create separation too. I have those at 80.

Ironically I have been using D Mitchell and Ben Simmons in my testing. Mitchell is a perfect combination of explosiveness and strength and speed. Simmons is more extreme.

I matched them up with Trae Young and Jordan Clarkson type players. Light weight and sieves. I knew I needed to when Trae Young on Allstar default was the second coming of prime scottie pippen.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:58 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 15

Playing on All-Star. Dropped body sensitivit to zero for the USER and CPU. Also, lowered on-ball D to 40 for both User and CPU.

Those are the only changes. Game feels A LOT better. Feels more fluid, organic, and players move around the floor better. The CPU can still play good D, particularly with a great defender.

Thank you for the recommendations!
Old 09-19-2018, 10:43 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Great work! Has fixed the “quicksand” feel from default. Uploaded them on PS4 under your name.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2018, 03:26 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 9

Just wondering, have there been anymore fouls being called,with these sliders?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »