Home

Slider to reduce "player glue"

This is a discussion on Slider to reduce "player glue" within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-19-2018, 03:42 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Slider to reduce "player glue"

While testing around, I found that also increasing Acceleration and Speed under the movement sliders helps too (even with body sensitivity and On Ball D a default).

I'm playing around with 80 speed and 100 acceleration. You can drop game speed (the main setting) to 48 or 46 to compensate. I wouldn't go 45 or lower, since it starts feeling sluggish.

But increasing the movement sliders helps with separation and fighting against the suction animations.

Last edited by ParisB; 09-19-2018 at 03:47 PM.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:36 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 15

I’ve tried all the sliders posted on O.S. This set does the best job removing the over-powered, suction defense from the game.

Hopefully, our roster makers can fine tune this and tighten them up a little. Great start!
Old 09-20-2018, 02:14 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
I’ve tried all the sliders posted on O.S. This set does the best job removing the over-powered, suction defense from the game.

Hopefully, our roster makers can fine tune this and tighten them up a little. Great start!
Glad to hear that! Yeah I put a lot of trial & error into these. I've been playing 2K since Dreamcast days lol. I love the game but sometimes the suction & animations can take over. The movement sliders are a life saver lol
Old 09-20-2018, 10:00 PM   #20
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Glad to hear that! Yeah I put a lot of trial & error into these. I've been playing 2K since Dreamcast days lol. I love the game but sometimes the suction & animations can take over. The movement sliders are a life saver lol
I noticed that when you select rookie difficulty on the slider screen (what I usually do to see how sliders change based off difficulty to get an idea of what is going on) that cpu body up sensitivity is 70 and user is 30...which made me think the slider might work opposite of what we think. I would assume 0 would make stickiness go away but why would rookie difficulty have this slider set at 70 for the cpu?? I tested by leaving all sliders at default except bodt up sensitivity at 0 and defense was still sticky like glue, it didn't get better until I started lowering on ball defense, so I think on ball defense and lateral quickness is the culprits but I'll give these a try soon.

~Koosa10:27~
SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~
Old 09-21-2018, 05:37 AM   #21
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

It;s really annoying when you start on All Star (for example) you increase or decrease one slider and it becomes custom. We're not really sure if the under the hood changes apply or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2018, 07:21 AM   #22
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

This thread has the best sliders for realistic NBA-like movement imo guys: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...iscussion.html

Key changes include (changes are for both human and cpu):
Game speed at 48
Pass speed at 65 (but i have it at 60 personally)
Body-up Sensitivity at 0 (i have it at 15 personally)
Jumpshot defense strength gather and release at 40
Acceleration attributes at 65
Speed attribute at 57

Speed with ball: Min at 50, Max at 75.
Acceleration with ball: Min at 50, Max at 75.

It honestly looks really lifelike. Irons out a lot of clunkiness, quicksand running, smooths the transition between acceleration and speed, fast breaks feel faster, but it's not overdone, it's well balanced
Old 09-21-2018, 07:23 AM   #23
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koosa1027
I noticed that when you select rookie difficulty on the slider screen (what I usually do to see how sliders change based off difficulty to get an idea of what is going on) that cpu body up sensitivity is 70 and user is 30...which made me think the slider might work opposite of what we think. I would assume 0 would make stickiness go away but why would rookie difficulty have this slider set at 70 for the cpu?? I tested by leaving all sliders at default except bodt up sensitivity at 0 and defense was still sticky like glue, it didn't get better until I started lowering on ball defense, so I think on ball defense and lateral quickness is the culprits but I'll give these a try soon.

Maybe the body up sensitivity is in relation to the ball handler not the defender and that's why it seems reversed. Because less body sensitivity DEFINITELY removes the driving glue.
Old 09-21-2018, 07:36 AM   #24
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnsey
Maybe the body up sensitivity is in relation to the ball handler not the defender and that's why it seems reversed. Because less body sensitivity DEFINITELY removes the driving glue.
I have more free time than ever this weekend (except when my Alabama Crimson Tide play) so I'll be testing sone things out. Really loving the game on default but want to hone in on the movement.

SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »