Home

NBA 2K18 Community Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Community Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-07-2018, 08:37 PM   #25
MVP

creweutah's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 Community Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose
Uploaded on PC as Creweutah Beta 1 (username: The Golden God).

I've only played one game yet, so hard to draw too many conclusions. Though I'm about at the point where I'm considering putting the game down until 2k19...I can't help but feel like I can get to the rack whenever I want this year regardless of sliders, and it's starting to drag down everything else.
On ball defense can help. Try it at 100.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2018, 08:39 PM   #26
MVP

creweutah's Arena

Re: NBA 2K18 Community Simulation Slider Set

Thanks for the feedback. I am using the official 2k roster. Hence why you are getting high fg% using top shots roster. I haven't tested using his roster yet.

If you use another roster with my sliders, I can't guarantee the best gameplay and stats. But I do want to perhaps make a second set using tsg roster.

Old 01-07-2018, 11:30 PM   #27
MVP

jakalfc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by creweutah
Thanks for the feedback. I am using the official 2k roster. Hence why you are getting high fg% using top shots roster. I haven't tested using his roster yet.

If you use another roster with my sliders, I can't guarantee the best gameplay and stats. But I do want to perhaps make a second set using tsg roster.

In fact, using the roster of TopShotGwaup15 the gameplay looks different from that of 2k but I think much better, I played only a piece of the game with your sliders and I loved it, I also saw a foul on a roll of three that before I had never seen, but according to me with the roster of TopShotGwaup15 the cursors are a little revised but definitely worth it.

Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2018, 11:41 PM   #28
MVP

jakalfc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
Topshot roster.
Next one Lillard and Cj killed me for 32pts out of their 64.
Upped defensive rebounds to 5 to try to off set the high off rebound numbers. Seemed to help.
certainly I also go to play with this roster, the gameplay seems to me very good, with some minor changes to the nba2k18 sliders buy value

Old 01-08-2018, 03:18 AM   #29
MVP

creweutah's Arena

I will have a couple tests tonight using TSG roster and see how it plays with my sliders.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:03 PM   #30
MVP

jakalfc's Arena

The score seems that Denver has dominated but it is not so, I was in the game until the middle of the third quarter and then from there the game has changed.I followed the advice of jr86 and lowered by 1 the user shots, my conclusion and that the gameplay is very solid and fun with these sliders, maybe I would make sure to take some more rebounds to the user but maybe this also depends on the team that you use

Roster TopShotGwaup15

Denver ( CPU )
Portland ( user )

Old 01-08-2018, 02:49 PM   #31
Rookie

Finally got the time to play a couple of games, no screenshots from me for now because I totally forgot to make some, but I have my pro and cons.
Barely have the time to play the game lol, I couldn't read all the feedback posted here so sorry in advance if I don't add anything new.

Pro:
- Love the flow of the game, it feels very realistic
- Passing awareness and overall offensive awareness by the CPU is spot on. Leave a guy a little bit open he'll get the rock in no time (and easily score on you). Smother a guy in the corner and he'll make a cut to the basket.
- Playing D feels good overall because you gotta play smart but...* check the cons section *
- Variety of shots by the CPU, they even play some mid-range game
- Love the overall shooting percentages, good shots are made outside the paint, bad shots are bricked. Some lucky shots go in. Love it

Cons:
- First of all and the most important, blow by's are too easy to trigger by both the user and the CPU. Don't get me wrong, I am totally against those sets of sliders that provided "a challenge" in 2K17 and you couldn't outpace Bogut with freaking IT, or use your body to bully Seth Curry with a muscular guy like Cousins, but I would love to see a good balance between good blow by's, and unrealistic blow by's. At this very moment, I could probably blow by Leonard with Noguiera from the Raptors.
- Layups go in at an incredible rate, with the players you would least expect that from. When the CPU tanks me with like 2-3 guys in the paint and I go for a layup, I tell myself that would be it - a missed layup gonna happen - but nope. Usually it's an and-one or a posterizer dunk. This category definitely needs to be tweaked
- Had some random CPU defensive awareness issues on the court, not very often but it definitely happened more than a couple of times. Those random moments usually happened in transition and the entire CPU team would play D too high up the pitch. That would leave one or even two guys from my team open, cutting to the basket at an average speed, behind the last defender
- (the rest of the sentence in the Pro section)*but ... * some players feel unstoppable. And I don't mean, Lebron James in the paint unstoppable. It's more of a chessy, "the game wanted that random player to make that very difficult shot to keep his team alive" scenario. That's probably some game mechanics here and you don't have any way of tweaking this, but it was worth mentioning in case you want to give it a try.

That's it from me for the moment. I hope you understand this is constructive criticism and you don't feel like I am complaining or something. I get this is an early alpha and these are baby steps. Even in this early stage, the set is solid and it's promising as hell.

Last edited by lhatemondays; 01-08-2018 at 02:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2018, 05:41 PM   #32
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Another good game. Lack of fouls for the cpu..not sure much can be done to get accurate numbers in this department. Otherwise everything else is pretty much in range.
Sidenote, does anyone know why the rebounds dont match up in the team comparison screen vs the shot chart screen below?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180108_223455.jpg (166.7 KB, 230 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180108_223433.jpg (164.5 KB, 232 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »