Home

NBA 2k16 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k16 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-20-2016, 11:45 PM   #137
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
NBA 2k16 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinaoswald
Great, thanks. I've made some search but didnt find any helpful answers about how OFF/DEF Awereness affects the gameplay on the field or interact with other sliders. I'd be glad to have your point of view.

I've read your "Shot defense strenght" sliders explanation (impressive!), so I'll leave tendencies & defensive sliders just like yours.

Well, thanks for your time.

I haven't played in a few days but I'll do some quick testing when I have the time to give a better answer. In short, the offensive awareness slider controls how well the CPU can pick out open teammates and notice available space for a shot/layup. Defensive awareness is a little trickier and the effects aren't as easily noticeable. I'll get back to you on this later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlplayboy23
Any slider changes needed for real shooting percentage

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp504
Quick question eccentric does it matter if u use user timing or real,,, i prefer real,,, just curious?

They will need changes for Real Shooting %, but I have no idea what values to set them too as I never use that setting. Just subtract 2 from each shooting slider until you start seeing the results you want, and tweak from there!

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 02-20-2016 at 11:47 PM.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:10 AM   #138
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: NBA 2k16 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Like I said prior, Love the sliders, but man I cant win, AI is killing me, I stick around and then BOOM, they jump all over me
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 02-23-2016, 12:36 PM   #139
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
Like I said prior, Love the sliders, but man I cant win, AI is killing me, I stick around and then BOOM, they jump all over me

Yea it can be tough! What exactly are they doing that is giving you trouble?
Old 02-23-2016, 01:48 PM   #140
Rookie

uhntissbaby111's Arena

OVR: 0

Yo eccentric. Awesome sliders! I'm all about the stats and these sliders give me the best stats. I've been having a real hard time with user FG% being too high. Even with lowering the shot sliders I couldn't find a good balance between too high and too low. Now with these I see some games where I shoot in the high 30s and if I'm on I can put up high 40s. And as far as the toughness of the slider set, I like it. I like having to really work for the win and actually use smart coaching. And playing as my Knicks makes it that much harder haha. But if I played my franchise mode with the Knicks and took them to the playoffs and got past the first round my first year without making moves, that would be bs because there's no way that's happening in real life. So so far so good. The stats look nice from what I'll see. As I play more games this weekend I'll get better data
Old 02-23-2016, 02:20 PM   #141
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Glad you like the sliders man! As for your FG% problem, are you saying that having a few games shooting in the high 40% range is too high? Because you SHOULD have games shooting near or above 50%, it happens every night in real life!

If a team always shot in the low 40s, high 30s they would be a laughing stock! Even the Lakers average close to 42%, and they're horrendous. The worst teams average close to 44%, with the best teams sitting between 46-49%.

Your experience of shooting 30s in one game and 40s in another actually perfectly replicates the Knicks in real life! However, if you do want to make things more difficult on the offensive end, leave the shot success sliders where I have them and increase the USER "Defense Strength" sliders wherever you want more challenge.

So if you're making to many jump shots, set Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather) to 80 for the user, and see how you like it. If you're missing too many at 80, bring it down to 75.

Let me know how that works!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2016, 02:48 PM   #142
Rookie

uhntissbaby111's Arena

I was referring to other slider sets before yours. I would never see a game in the high 30s. All my games where mid 40s on a bad night to mid 50s. And my team average was high 40s. Your slider set does a great job of bringing the percentages down and giving me good variety. Sometimes I'm high 30s, sometimes high 40s, but my average is right in the low-mid 40s.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:56 PM   #143
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Oh I completely misunderstood! Well maybe someone else is having a problem with FG% being too high and they can use my previous post haha
Old 02-23-2016, 09:56 PM   #144
Rookie

uhntissbaby111's Arena

Haha it's all good. Yeah that's good info to have on how to fine tune the percentages. Might come in handy one day

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »