Home

Poke's 2K15 12 MIN SUPERSTAR sliders

This is a discussion on Poke's 2K15 12 MIN SUPERSTAR sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-02-2014, 03:20 AM   #81
MVP

lareka's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Poke's 2K15 12 MIN SUPERSTAR sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagazzoKobe
I don't know if it's just me, but in a few games i played i noticed that FG% is a bit lower than it should be, always around 40%. I did play with Indiana and Pistons, i just love to play in slow pace and grinding defense but still, was playing against wolves and there were in my opinion too many wide open shots missed. I love how everything else is playing, blocks rebounds turnovers, everything seems pretty much fine but shooting is a bit off, i don't know, anybody else feeling that, i'll try to play some more games but still, could consider raising shooting sliders.
My favorite team in the NBA is the Pistons just like you and I really like the Pacers like you. And again like you, I love to play slow pace, grinding teams. I have a season with the Hornets, playing slow pace with them but I switched to the Nuggets, playing up-tempo game with them.

I think the shooting is about the rhytm and ball movement just like in real NBA. Usually coming off an assist, the shots are mostly made if it's an open shot. But you are right, the fg % is about 40 and 45.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2014, 07:28 AM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 7

Gonna try this out later to start my Bucks MyLeague, hopefully it works well for me

Now I just need to look for a roster..
Old 12-02-2014, 08:37 AM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've been using these sliders for the last few games and I've noticed some things:

-In my opinion, the CPU is hitting too many contested shots. It's bad enough to get off the dribble by Bogut, but him also hitting crazy layups is too much. It's not just crafty guards like Thompson, but also guys not known for their superior finishing skills...
-The ability to steal the ball might be a little bit too high. I get about 5-6 steals per game just by poking at the ball (even with bigmen).

But all in all, I like this set.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:11 AM   #84
MVP

Poke's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillendreher
I've been using these sliders for the last few games and I've noticed some things:

-In my opinion, the CPU is hitting too many contested shots. It's bad enough to get off the dribble by Bogut, but him also hitting crazy layups is too much. It's not just crafty guards like Thompson, but also guys not known for their superior finishing skills...
-The ability to steal the ball might be a little bit too high. I get about 5-6 steals per game just by poking at the ball (even with bigmen).

But all in all, I like this set.
I haven't had the problem with them making a lot of contested shots. Actually, I had to raise midrange by 2 to increase their shooting.

The big men doing crazy stuff isn't a slider problem it's an attribute and ability issue. Stuff like this happens on default. Smh.

5-6 steals by poking is pretty realistic as long as it isn't by one player. The ball gets poked out a lot in the real NBA.

Some big men have good hands.

In the real NBA Paul Millsap leads the league in steals, A. Davis is 4th, N. Noel and M. Morris are also in the top 20.

2K has a lot of PF's and C's rated higher than a lot of guards in the steal category.

In 2K Paul Millsap is rated 74 in steals while the PG position average in 2K is 75.

Steals per game should be around 5-10 total (in all variations). If you like you can raise ball handling and/or lower on ball steals but before I adjusted these for this set on ball steals in the game were almost nonexistent.

To each his own. The most important thing is that you enjoy the game as you would like to enjoy it. Whatever you like from this set take it what enter you don't replace it with your liking.

Last edited by Poke; 12-02-2014 at 09:41 AM.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:20 AM   #85
MVP

lareka's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke
I haven't had the problem with them making a lot of contested shots. Actually, I had to raise midrange by 2 to increase their shooting.

The big men doing crazy stuff isn't a slider problem it's an attribute and ability issue. Stuff like this happens on default. Smh.

5-6 steals by poking is pretty realistic as long as it isn't by one player. The ball gets poke out a lot in the real NBA.

Some big men have good hands.

In the real NBA Paul Millsap leads the league in steals, A. Davis is 4th, N. Noel and M. Morris are also in the top 20.

2K has a lot of PF's and C's rated higher than a lot of guards in the steal category.

In 2K Paul Millsap is rated 74 in steals while the PG position average in 2K is 75.

Steals per game should be around 5-10 total (in all variations). If you like you can raise ball handling and/or lower on ball steals but before I adjusted these for this set on ball steals in the game were almost nonexistent.

To each his own. The most important thing is that you enjoy the game as you would like to enjoy it. Whatever you like from this set take it what enter you don't replace it with your liking.
Some problems are created by design. It's the best 2K guys could do about it. We always want sports games to be 100 % realistic. 90 % realism is pretty good, incredible even. You can't make a video game 100 % realistic and you better don't It would be unbearable
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2014, 09:40 AM   #86
MVP

Poke's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lareka
My favorite team in the NBA is the Pistons just like you and I really like the Pacers like you. And again like you, I love to play slow pace, grinding teams. I have a season with the Hornets, playing slow pace with them but I switched to the Nuggets, playing up-tempo game with them.

I think the shooting is about the rhytm and ball movement just like in real NBA. Usually coming off an assist, the shots are mostly made if it's an open shot. But you are right, the fg % is about 40 and 45.

These are the NBA averages so far this year :

The median is around 45%.

Lareka you just shot 63% (good game by the way) against the CPU so there's proof that you can shoot higher percentages. I'm already working on raising the CPU's shooting a little. But the thing about User shooting is that most of the success or failure comes from the User. If I raise it then you'll never see poor shooting nights in the 30's or low scoring games ranging from 70-85. Higher percentage nights usually come from a game where the team was just absolutely on fire, or when they got good high percentage shots around the rim. But a team coming out shooting over 50 or above casually isn't realistic IMO.

Here's the stats from yesterday's games;

By the way my favorite team is the Pistons too, I'm from MI.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:43 AM   #87
MVP

Poke's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lareka
Some problems are created by design. It's the best 2K guys could do about it. We always want sports games to be 100 % realistic. 90 % realism is pretty good, incredible even. You can't make a video game 100 % realistic and you better don't It would be unbearable
I'm with you Lareka,,the guys at 2K do an awesome job!
Old 12-02-2014, 10:04 AM   #88
MVP

lareka's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke
I'm with you Lareka,,the guys at 2K do an awesome job!
You do another awesome job by coming up with those sliders Poke !

I didn't reply to your post above because it's quite long, it would take a very long space in the forum needlesly.

I'm with you on that one. I know that 45-40 % is the NBA average.

There are some games the opposition shoots about 50 % or above, so am I. But it usually averages around 45 % on season which is what real NBA is all about.

There are matches that I do a poor job offensively ( either my mistake or CPU's good D ) and I take it when I shoot low 40s or lower than 40 %. Same thing for opponent: I can play magnificent D or they can miss some makeable shots and suddenly they become cold and shoot lower than 40 %. That's just part of basketball.

We have to judge the sliders after playing like 8+ games. Then look at the average , not 1 ,2 specific games.

For ex: If I only played against Utah with those sliders, I would've told you: "Poke, I shot 60 %, it's way too easy to score on opponents, and them shooting lower than 40 %. You need to tweak the sliders." That's a wrong estimation. Because it's a very small sample size. As you have seen, next games I've shot about 45 % because I played against strong teams.

On average these sliders are very realistic. I intend to move on with them until 2k16

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »