Home

Lets Ball Baby Sim Sliders Project(W/MyLeague Settings)

This is a discussion on Lets Ball Baby Sim Sliders Project(W/MyLeague Settings) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-18-2015, 12:57 PM   #465
Pro

KayOtic723's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Lets Ball Baby Sim Sliders Project(W/MyLeague Settings)

OP Updated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2015, 06:07 AM   #466
MVP

OVR: 15

Can these sliders be used on All-Star? I am not good enough for Superstar at this point.

Thanks!
Old 01-21-2015, 06:38 AM   #467
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Can these sliders be used on All-Star? I am not good enough for Superstar at this point.

Thanks!
Yes use the same sliders with all the shot success lowered by 5.

2K18 Sliders:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-sliders.html
Old 01-21-2015, 05:10 PM   #468
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

Just an FYI for CPU resinging slider in MyLeague:

I'm experimenting with ticking it down a little, at this point to 80 from 85. This is in response to the CPU signing too many good, serviceable 29 and 30 year old players to mid level-plus contracts, only to see those players' values tank once the new contract take effect.

The problem here is not that the CPU is not making reasonable signing decisions, but that the way regression is coded into the mode is messing things up. If regression were not too pervasive across players and too steep starting at 29 or so, then these would be rational CPU signing decisions.

But with regression as it is, CPU teams in MyLeague are too consistently being saddled with too many Bargnani Stoudemire type contracts, eating up their caps and abilities to compete for multiple years.

The other way to deal with this is just by going to CPU teams and editing these bad contracts, but that's only a partial fix because by that time CPU teams have missed the opportunity to maybe pick up cheaper, younger players with more upside in free agency. . . or at least, better role players whose value will hold up better.

Last edited by LorenzoDC; 01-22-2015 at 10:16 AM.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:09 PM   #469
Rookie

First off, let me thank you for the work you've done with these sliders. I think i've most of the popular sliders for 2k15 and these are the only ones I've found even remotely playable that didn't have me rolling my eyes multiple times per game.

I probably have 20 games so far on these things and I've been tracking the box scores to compare to each other and real life averages. I'm playing with the Nuggets and have done some trades to improve 3-point shooting so take the averages with a grain of salt; all I'm really concerned with are realistic shooting averages and fair gameplay. I know there's only so much you can do without destroying the actual "fun" of the game by trying to get more turnovers and what not so as long as most things average out to be around equal or fair, i don't care if things outside of shooting percentages and pace of play are realistic.

Here are my 4 games with the newly updated defensive sliders, all stock:

Main thing I took from these 4 games were the CPU was taking too many 3s and was shooting the ball too well overall.

I noticed through my 20 games or so of play that the CPU does indeed take too many 3s and that their midrange game is way above average. I'd say the computer shoots 80%+ from midrange against me which is just way unrealistic. And those fadeaway 18 footers from the baseline are automatic for them. They also hit nearly every open 3 to my maybe 50% open 3s.

So i changed the 3p attempts for the CPU down to 75 from 87. Also lowered 3PT and midrange success for the CPU down to 48 from 53 and 51 respectively.

These are the results from the 5 games since:

3PA dramatically improved to almost normal levels but they're still shooting a bit too good for my liking, I'm going to lower some sliders and experiment

Overall tho, i enjoy these sliders. I know a lot of this stuff comes down to preference and style of play so I understand these sliders will play different for everyone.

If I had some critiques it would definitely be about the CPU's propensity to take and make midrange shots which I'm going to address as I continue playing. As far as style goes, I think the strength slider is off (like you said) because there's just way too much success in the post as far as muscling through and around guys go. Some of the interior play I find blatantly biased towards CPU success but that has been a gripe of mine with 2k for as long as I can remember. I think you largely nailed a lot of the user sliders so that's great. If there was a way I could foul twice as much and send the CPU to the line 6-7-8 more times a game that'd be great but I have a feeling a lot of that has come down to the user's play.

Either way, thank you for the effort you put into these sliders and I'll continue tweaking these things to get them to my liking.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:18 PM   #470
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMichiganFan
Yes use the same sliders with all the shot success lowered by 5.
Shot success for both User and CPU?
Old 01-23-2015, 02:29 PM   #471
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

Yes. Both user and cpu should be lowered by 5

2K18 Sliders:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-sliders.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2015, 11:16 PM   #472
Pro

KayOtic723's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
Just an FYI for CPU resinging slider in MyLeague:

I'm experimenting with ticking it down a little, at this point to 80 from 85. This is in response to the CPU signing too many good, serviceable 29 and 30 year old players to mid level-plus contracts, only to see those players' values tank once the new contract take effect.

The problem here is not that the CPU is not making reasonable signing decisions, but that the way regression is coded into the mode is messing things up. If regression were not too pervasive across players and too steep starting at 29 or so, then these would be rational CPU signing decisions.

But with regression as it is, CPU teams in MyLeague are too consistently being saddled with too many Bargnani Stoudemire type contracts, eating up their caps and abilities to compete for multiple years.

The other way to deal with this is just by going to CPU teams and editing these bad contracts, but that's only a partial fix because by that time CPU teams have missed the opportunity to maybe pick up cheaper, younger players with more upside in free agency. . . or at least, better role players whose value will hold up better.
yeah i know i dont think they can patch it either but there is a lot of good talent in my second year in the young guys are around 75 ovr and Wiggins and Parker a already becoming stars so i will see how it plays out you could up the in season training to help older players on the declined but idk if the younger players will develop to fast what do you think?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »