Home

WaitTilNextYear's 2K14 Realistic Superstar Sliders

This is a discussion on WaitTilNextYear's 2K14 Realistic Superstar Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-23-2014, 05:51 PM   #49
Rookie

rajone9's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: WaitTilNextYear's 2K14 Realistic Superstar Sliders

for mygm use these sliders:
injury freq 15
injury severity 30

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 4
Old 04-23-2014, 11:30 PM   #50
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonygoal69
I was just wondering what is your record in season with this set of sliders?
Do you win every game or do you struggle a bit?
It's a good mix. Check out my dynasty thread for more detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdoug312
It took a while for me to post, but I've played about 20 games with this set using 11min quarters over spring break. A LOT of great stuff here, I like the flow of the games quite a bit, getting some decent variety as well. I'm winning most of the games (outside of this specific stretch that I'll get into), but I'm using OKC so if I weren't winning often, I'd have to hit the practice mode lol. This morning before I left for class, I won a thrilling game against the Warriors 106-106. Defense was never a factor in this game lol. I've had plenty of others where I'm getting mid 80s-mid 90s scores though, so they aren't all high scoring.

I see the same thing. I've scored as high as 124 and also in the low 80s. Usually I am somewhere around 95-100 points.

Points in the paint were a little harder to come by than I expected, but I am still going to go ahead and lower those some more. I'm typically in the 44-56 range, had a game when I scored 68 though. Going to try and lower that range by about 10.

A lot of that depends on how you play...if you attack the paint constantly, you will score PiP.

Also, and this may be due to my aggressive style, but the opposing center or PF always tend to get fouled out with about 6 or so mins left in the 4th. I lowered cpu shooting fouls by 5 to combat this.

I never see this. Not once has an opposing player fouled out. My guess is that you are doing a lot of driving on offense.

The injury sliders seem too high. It's weird, because in my old set I was using 53 freq and 35 sev, but in this set I'm using 50 and 50 but I had a game where 5 players got hurt. Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, Tyler Ennis and 2 guys on the other team, I forget who tbh. KD had a torn MCL and missed the entire season (this was only like game 4 of the start of the season), Russ had a broken ankle and missed 6-8 weeks, Tyler Ennis went down, but something weird happened and the screen showing his injury never popped up and he returned the next game. One of the other 2 had a severe injury as well, and the last one had a bruised knee or whatever and kept playing.
After the game I took a look at the injury report for the league, and there were like 50 people hurt already...madness. I left the freq at 50, but I lowered the severity and now injuries are happening less often during the games, which is cool. Without KD (and Russ to a much lesser extent) I started piling on the losses, and the fans stopped showing up (they didn't even wait for the losses to come, once KD went down for the year, my attendance rates dropped from 100% to like 68% overnight lol).

I think there's something to this. Another guy who used these saw 3 guys hurt in the same game. I've had injuries too, but nothing that makes me think the injury settings are unrealistic. But, this sounds like a reasonable change.

But, consider this...guys like Kobe Bryant, Derrick Rose, Al Horford, Steve Nash, Jrue Holliday, and Danilo Gallinari missed most (or all) of the season. According to a CBS website, there were 46 players listed as injured on the latest injury report. So, 50 injured guys is actually not all that unrealistic at all.

I haven't noticed anything funky with CPU offensive reb numbers, they vary depending on how the game goes. I do think user blocking may be too high though, going to try it back on 0.

A fair point. I've seen good results with USER vertical at 15 and blocking at 5. Most of my blocks are USER blocks, so that doesn't have much to do with sliders. I get anywhere from 1 to 10 blocks regularly per game.

Finally, I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with the slider set, as I've had this problem with every set that I've used this year, but is there anyway to stop my guys from switching defenders? I swear everyone will be covered, I'll be guarding the opposing PG, and one of my guys will just yell YOLO and sprint over to "help" me, leaving their guy open for an easy 3 or dunk.

You can try turning the USER help defense to 0. The help usually comes when the USER-controlled player is considered out of position (you're not where the blue arrow is telling you to go). I haven't tried that, but it might work. The help D is probably dependent on the ratings (D awareness) of your players to some extent.
I appreciate the detailed feedback! Responses in BOLD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajone9
for mygm use these sliders:
injury freq 15
injury severity 30

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 4
You can try that, but that seems too low to me. I have 50/50 and have 1-2 guys hurt at any given time, which is pretty realistic. If you're more into having your best players always playing, then go for the lower numbers. But, if you want to have backups step up and fill roles, then I recommend the 50/50 or close to that.

Last edited by WaitTilNextYear; 04-23-2014 at 11:33 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:44 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 3

These are by far the best sliders I've ever used.

Sent from my Dreams and nightmares
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2014, 11:33 AM   #52
Rookie

Feliz__7's Arena

These are great!
Old 04-24-2014, 02:08 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 6

These are the best, now if we can get some good rosters with accessories
Old 04-25-2014, 01:08 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 3

Sliders are good, I did adjust a few areas..
I trailed for most of the game until the 4th when I made a run under 3 minutes. Aldridge and Lillard and Batum had a big game, Dragic for then Suns killed me with pick and roll either driving to basket or pulling up for jump shot.

Like I said I changed maybe 2-3 areas to my liking, the rest I left them as posted. Only thing I noticed was a bit of sliding on defense, I'd have to play some more games to see.

Overall very solid set.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stat.JPG (137.9 KB, 174 views)
File Type: jpg stat3.JPG (109.4 KB, 174 views)
File Type: jpg stat2.JPG (101.0 KB, 173 views)
Old 04-25-2014, 05:46 PM   #55
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by esdot404
Sliders are good, I did adjust a few areas..
I trailed for most of the game until the 4th when I made a run under 3 minutes. Aldridge and Lillard and Batum had a big game, Dragic for then Suns killed me with pick and roll either driving to basket or pulling up for jump shot.

Like I said I changed maybe 2-3 areas to my liking, the rest I left them as posted. Only thing I noticed was a bit of sliding on defense, I'd have to play some more games to see.

Overall very solid set.
Thanks for the information!

If you can fix all of the sliding, the lazy passes, the double jumping and suction, you are a better man than I! Some of these flaws seem to be hardcoded into the physics engine/excessive animations itself.

Glad that you were able to tweak to your liking--the stats look pretty good and I would expect a high scoring affair with Phoenix and Portland. Dragic is a monster--I see the same thing. He literally doesn't make a bad decision with this roster/slider combo. FYI I am using Cam's v2.5 rosters ( from the Remdizzle thread).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2014, 02:18 PM   #56
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

Having a blast with these sliders. I'll start posting box scores to show the results, though I don't play too many games. Lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »