Home

Lab Results: Personal Tweaks, Sliders, Settings

This is a discussion on Lab Results: Personal Tweaks, Sliders, Settings within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-14-2014, 11:35 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Lab Results: Personal Tweaks, Sliders, Settings

That's interesting kamackeris. I def noticed them getting their shots earlier in the shot clock with Off Awr raised. May bring it down to maybe 55-58ish and test.

I'd also like more free throws but tryna find the right balance where you're not getting automatic calls on the contact drives is tough. I kinda settled on accepting getting maybe 15-20 FT's/game. While not quite enough every game, I hate feeling like I'm "cheesing" for the and 1 attempts on drives.

What quarter length and difficulty level are you on?

VZW NIII

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Wife: "Of course he's going out to get his 2K game at 12am, like he can't wait til tomorrow."
Wife's mom: "Be grateful that's what he's running out at midnight for."
Old 02-15-2014, 04:26 AM   #58
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLLIDAY1183
That's interesting kamackeris. I def noticed them getting their shots earlier in the shot clock with Off Awr raised. May bring it down to maybe 55-58ish and test.

I'd also like more free throws but tryna find the right balance where you're not getting automatic calls on the contact drives is tough. I kinda settled on accepting getting maybe 15-20 FT's/game. While not quite enough every game, I hate feeling like I'm "cheesing" for the and 1 attempts on drives.

What quarter length and difficulty level are you on?

VZW NIII
i'm playing all star for starters as i have always preferred this. maybe i should jump up to SS like you guys. also 12 mins quarters...never had a team go off like this before. i am using custom rosters and am trialing JA Money14's GM rosters. dunno if my edits of the original slider set has thrown it out...i have been making changes from this thread based on the discussion here.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:02 AM   #59
Rookie

catfish9-5's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76
i'm playing all star for starters as i have always preferred this. maybe i should jump up to SS like you guys. also 12 mins quarters...never had a team go off like this before. i am using custom rosters and am trialing JA Money14's GM rosters. dunno if my edits of the original slider set has thrown it out...i have been making changes from this thread based on the discussion here.
I have always played all-star but recently switched to superstar and I noticed right away the CPU plays more aggressive on offense. Other than CPU offensive rebounding, I like the way superstar plays way better.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:43 AM   #60
MVP

OVR: 9

I enjoyed these sliders after 2 games.

I had to edit a few attributes & tendencies CPU:

On-Ball Defense: 80/80 (too much sliding and force field defense) change to 50/47
Blocking: 0/0 (ball going through hands) change to 15/15

Mid 80
3pt 70
Play Passing Lanes: 80/80 (too many psychic defenders) changed to 80/50
Old 02-16-2014, 02:48 AM   #61
Rookie

Got up the courage to play the Pacers lol. Actually jumped right out on them early.

Up 6 at the half though, PG and Hill keeping them in it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOb1...e_gdata_player

This clip kinda shows why I raised the On Ball D, I like that they crowd you if you just hold it, but you can still clear space and make a move:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Hi...e_gdata_player

Getting a lil flashy w/the pass to Aldridge who of course is automatic on the J anywhere inside 18 ft:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Edy...e_gdata_player

With the right tweaks for how you play this game becomes just amazing. Got BF4 AC4 and Killzone but literally can't stop playing this.

VZW NIII

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Wife: "Of course he's going out to get his 2K game at 12am, like he can't wait til tomorrow."

Last edited by HOLLIDAY1183; 02-16-2014 at 03:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2014, 04:37 AM   #62
Rookie

Cyrus09's Arena

OVR: 0

Totaly love this set, it makes this game so much better. Played some games with the Suns yesterday, best game against the Mavs. Dirk really killed me with his postmoves, Ellis looked great. Shooting both around 45% and just lost with the buzzer because of Dirks fadeaway.

Made some adjustment with the pass accuracy because I had way to many bad turnovers, but I start to think that this is a problem with my playing style because this happens with every slider set somehow. But the gameflow with your slider is just pure fun. Very good work!
Old 02-16-2014, 07:20 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 3

Made some tweaks suggested here and it plays good. But can't seem to get the 3 point shooting to go, even with very good rated shooters I miss almost every open attempt. Might need to bump up the 3 point success a notch.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:12 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenkbron
Made some tweaks suggested here and it plays good. But can't seem to get the 3 point shooting to go, even with very good rated shooters I miss almost every open attempt. Might need to bump up the 3 point success a notch.
Was thinking the same thing last night. Had a few really fun games with POR last night but vs Indy the 3pt stats were:

POR: 6-24
IND: 5-25

Then against ORL:

POR: 7-29
ORL: 4-19

Might bump it to maybe 44 or 45.

Just updated the original post:

Contact Shot Success: Hum 52/CPU 52

Wanted more and 1's, and even contact shots when there's no call to fall occasionally. Seems to do the trick.

VZW NIII

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »