Home

the_future420's 12 Min Simulation All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on the_future420's 12 Min Simulation All-Star Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-21-2013, 12:45 PM   #49
Rookie

godylla's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: the_future420's 12 Min Simulation All-Star Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcallmedaddy
You can set sliders for my career??

Once you go into the slider menus in NBA Today and set them, they carry throughout all game modes I believe. Future also gave me the advice to check before you play because saving settings has been a bit sketchy at time, but so far, so good for these sliders on MyCareer.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up."
- Jimmy V.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:43 PM   #50
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by godylla
Once you go into the slider menus in NBA Today and set them, they carry throughout all game modes I believe. Future also gave me the advice to check before you play because saving settings has been a bit sketchy at time, but so far, so good for these sliders on MyCareer.
Just don't go into MYTeam. Sliders will go back to default.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:49 PM   #51
Rookie

wolfpack23's Arena

OVR: 0

I am going to try these sliders tonight when I get off of work. I just got my PS4 and game yesterday and played with the standard all-star difficulty and simulation sliders. However, I can't tell if it's just me getting used to playing on next gen or the slider set but I was having a really difficult time with my assist to turnover ratio. On the current gen versions I was decent at this aspect of my game. Have you guys noticed an improvement in this department?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2013, 06:12 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 3

I will try these now and will post results.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #53
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalifeblives
Future. A few questions. Can you give some detail on the reasoning behind some of these? Have always used your sliders in the past but wanted some feedback.

Help Defense: I think I see why this is at 45. Sometimes they tend to over commit and leave people open at 50 but I'm still seeing to many PIP at 45.

like you said, it seemed like players were leaving their man too much and I wanted to bring it down a bit

Quickness: Just wondering why lowering this

The game IMO plays too fast and herky jerky at default levels. I dont really like decreasing game speed as it effects all animations as well as the game clock. Decreasing quickness helps player movement feel more realistic.

Steals: I don't see enough steals. What are your thoughts on this?

I probably see too many steals between CPU and User if anything. overall, I am satisfied with the amount of steals I see. This is one of those things that is directly tied to how you play as a user though. Some people see too many and some not enough.

Def Awar: Seems anything above 70 the CPU doesn't go for pump fakes.

What I have found through the years with 2k is that Def awareness is a very important slider. You can almost look at it as a difficulty slider within whatever difficulty you are playing on. I have seen the CPU go for pump fakes with it over 70, but probably not as much as they should. I am also looking at increasing the contest shots slider to counter this a bit so we will see.This is still a slider I am experimenting with, and there is a good chance I will be lowering it slightly. Just need more games to be sure

On Ball D: Default Sim seems good. Just wondering your reasoning on this one.

This is another one of those "difficulty" sliders as I refer to them as. The thing about on-ball D is that there was a bit too much bumping on the perimeter for my tastes. I just wanted to reduce it slightly to encourage a bit more of the drive and kick game.

Other issues:
Inside passing: I've noticed the computer will drive to the basket and is ALWAYS doing inside dish passes to the big man

This is a hard coded AI trait that the CPU has had in 2k games for years. At its heart, its good basketball, but the CPU will overdo it at times. I have never found any slider combination that effectively reduces this without severely altering how other parts of the game flow. The hope is that the increased Def Awareness for user helps to combat this, as well as help contest shots once the inside pass is made
Just now seeing this.

I am pretty sure that I will be up****** the sliders in the first post sometime late tonight or in the wee hours of Saturday morning. I will be looking at some of the issues that you pointed out here as well as a few others. I haven't been able to game this much this week because of work and my fiancee's birthday was also this week. Hope to get a nice amount of games in today

Last edited by the_future420; 11-22-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #54
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Anyone figured out how to make the sliders save? It's driving me crazy they keep resetting.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 11-22-2013, 01:00 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
Anyone figured out how to make the sliders save? It's driving me crazy they keep resetting.

I just update them while I'm playing a game and that works for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2013, 08:25 PM   #56
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Just an FYI to some of you.

I picked up the X1 version of 2k and the sliders don't reset when exiting out.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »