Home

the_future420's 12 Min Simulation All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on the_future420's 12 Min Simulation All-Star Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-24-2013, 12:54 PM   #73
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: the_future420's 12 Min Simulation All-Star Sliders

Is anyone else finding it impossible to play defense. I can't buy a win as the computer just can't be stopped. It's at the point where I can't even finish a game anymore.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #74
VFL

kwebbvols4423's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
Is anyone else finding it impossible to play defense. I can't buy a win as the computer just can't be stopped. It's at the point where I can't even finish a game anymore.
I had that issue with the standard game sliders also. Maybe I am just horrible at defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #75
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Try pro level until you feel more comfortable with your defense!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 2

So I've been playing on All Star Sim. I just beat the Clippers with the Rockers 116-91.

The way I learned to play D was to use a no switch rule while controlling the SF position. This allows the PG to keep guards from penetrating like crazy and allows PF and C to rebound without CPU getting too many offensive boards.

With that said, Future, how do you think your sliders have improved the game? Is it supposed to be tougher or easier than sim? I ask because I'm interested in your sliders but don't know what it will change.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:23 PM   #77
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
I'm ice skating all over the place most of the time. No point in playing on ball in this game.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #78
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
Hey guys, I'm streaming live now as well as adjusting some sliders on twitch. Check my sig for the link
Wasn't able to catch the stream. Can you change the first post?
Old 11-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #79
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

OVR: 5

As I said in an earlier post, I'm using Future's sliders exactly as they are in the first post, with the only difference being on Pro difficulty. I played on Superstar in CG, but I found that Pro is providing me the best results for my skill level on NG.

I play strictly as the Clippers (for those wondering, I've been a fan since BEFORE they were good....LOL), and I went 3-3 in the games that I posted pics of. Overall, I really like the feel of these sliders. You can definitely feel a difference from one game to the next, depending on the team that you're playing. When I played the Spurs, their defense was stifling in the first half. I think they held me to 15 points in the first quarter alone. Tony parker was his usual self....barreling into the lane and dropping floaters over my bigs, left and right. And when the help would collapse on him, he'd kick it out to Danny Green or Ginobli for open jumpers. Really cool to watch. Then when I played the Grizzlies, they would constantly go to Gasol and Randolph on the block, racking up tons of points in the paint. Every game and every team is different, which is really cool. I've never been one to want to win every single game. Yes, winning is always more fun than losing, but winning every game isn't sim. So, I don't mind losing games at all. With this set, I feel like I'm beating the teams that I'm supposed to beat, and having great battles with the elite teams in the league, like I'm supposed to. I've found that I'm finally improving with running my offense, most importantly limiting turnovers. I made it a point to really work on my on-ball defense (I play as Chris Paul) against the Grizzlies, and I finally didn't get abused by Mike Connelly. In previous games, I've been having a really hard time stopping dribble-penetration by the PG, regardless of who the PG is for the other team, but the last game, I did much better.

With that being said, I'm looking for feedback on the stats from the pictures I posted. I'm starting to feel like FG% might be a tad high on the human side. And I'm concerned about PIP for the CPU. Anybody that can help point me in the right direction as far as what adjustments to the sliders should be made, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Cheers!
Old 11-25-2013, 03:53 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
I'm ice skating all over the place most of the time. No point in playing on ball in this game.
On ball is great on this game.

Know who you're defending and who you're using to defend. Playing tight and sagging off is critical. LT/L2 + movement gives you that shutter effect to stop the drive. Also, the ice skating is a result of your help defense. Set it at 0. At 0 the CPU won't try to reposition you.

As I stated before though. Defense is fine, seems like you just need some direction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »