Home

Mike Lowe NBA 2K24 Sliders

This is a discussion on Mike Lowe NBA 2K24 Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2024, 12:52 AM   #81
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Mike Lowe NBA 2K24 Sliders

Hey Mike!

I've been loving your sliders, but have a question. I've been noticing some disparity between SimCast and SimCast Live, where SimCast is providing games where my team consistently scores more points / get higher stats across the board and my players are injured at a higher rate (most recent game had 3 injuries to my players). The weird thing is that, as far as scores are concerned, it doesn't happen every game (on average SimCast produces 20-30 more points per game)

Any ideas on what I could have messed up? I did a fantasy draft with the stock roster, other than that I've copied your sliders with no alterations (double checked twice). Below I listed a 3 game result from the playoffs.

Game 1 (SimCast Live) Win 101-99
Game 2 (SimCast) Win 147-104
Game 3 (SimCast) Win 138-78

It's not necessarily the winrate that causes questions for me, because the fantasy draft essentially blows the league up and, being that I'm human and have active knowledge of the NBA, it probably heavily weighs in my favor...but the variance in scores is what has me confused / thinking I missed something.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the lengthy post, I wanted to try to give enough details!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2024, 09:40 AM   #82
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Mike Lowe NBA 2K24 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightRoboFight
Hey Mike!

I've been loving your sliders, but have a question. I've been noticing some disparity between SimCast and SimCast Live, where SimCast is providing games where my team consistently scores more points / get higher stats across the board and my players are injured at a higher rate (most recent game had 3 injuries to my players). The weird thing is that, as far as scores are concerned, it doesn't happen every game (on average SimCast produces 20-30 more points per game)

Any ideas on what I could have messed up? I did a fantasy draft with the stock roster, other than that I've copied your sliders with no alterations (double checked twice). Below I listed a 3 game result from the playoffs.

Game 1 (SimCast Live) Win 101-99

Game 2 (SimCast) Win 147-104

Game 3 (SimCast) Win 138-78

It's not necessarily the winrate that causes questions for me, because the fantasy draft essentially blows the league up and, being that I'm human and have active knowledge of the NBA, it probably heavily weighs in my favor...but the variance in scores is what has me confused / thinking I missed something.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the lengthy post, I wanted to try to give enough details!
Even with some nerfing of simmed games like I've tried to do, it's still not possible to keep pace in played games. I don't even think the sim engine is unrealistic; modern NBA, we're seeing scores like that.

The issue is that played games fell like they're more in line with earlier Eras. It just doesn't match up unless you sim only or play every game for every team. Neither is ideal, obviously.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »