Home

Mike Lowe NBA 2K23 Sliders

This is a discussion on Mike Lowe NBA 2K23 Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-05-2023, 11:04 AM   #97
Rookie

dar3816's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Mike Lowe NBA 2K23 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
They definitely fixed the FT shooting somewhat. I’m 14 games into a season, I just started a week ago. We’re shooting about 79% as a team. Last game played we were only 15/22 (69%). CPU is all over the place I’ve seen them shoot anywhere from 50% to 90%.
This is something that I have noticed and brought it up in the impressions thread about a month ago. tc, you and I have very similar slider sets, most settings at default with very minimal changes. I tried every other slider set on here, plus shady and popboy from youtube.. had the same issue with every slider set. User free throws were always damn near perfect and the CPU would be below 50%. There is a slider effecting free throws other than the one that is supposed to, or some weird bug, but it is being caused by slider adjustments. I am playing on All-Star, Real FG% with the only changes for human and CPU being 3point, mid range, steals, contest shots, and defensive awareness. I have even had games where the CPU shot better than me from the line.

Last edited by dar3816; 02-05-2023 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02-05-2023, 11:09 AM   #98
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3816
This is something that I have noticed and brought it up in the impressions thread about a month ago. tc, you and I have very similar slider sets, most settings at default with very minimal changes. I tried every other slider set on here, plus shady and popboy from youtube.. had the same issue with every slider set. User free throws were always damn near perfect and the CPU would be below 50%. There is a slider effecting free throws other than the one that is supposed to, or some weird bug, but it is being caused by slider adjustments. I am playing on All-Star, Real FG% with the only changes for human and CPU being 3point, mid range, steals, and contest shots. I have even had games where the CPU shot better than me from the line.
If this is the case, and it's certainly possible, it must be one of these sliders I have that is 90 or more.
Old 02-05-2023, 11:15 AM   #99
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Without doing any testing, my Top guesses as to what might be causing this:

* Normalize Played to Sim Minutes Off
* Normalize Played to Sim Stats Off
* Shooting Foul Frequency 90/90
* Maybe something to do with Team Chemistry Effects?

I won't have time to test any of this anytime soon, but in case it helps others, that's where I'd start. Foul frequency could be a simple name oversight in the code notes on the back end. I'd start there.
Old 02-05-2023, 11:16 AM   #100
Rookie

dar3816's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
If this is the case, and it's certainly possible, it must be one of these sliders I have that is 90 or more.
I never had the time nor the patience to try and pinpoint it. Just knew that I played my first few games at default when I got the game, and did not see the issue. Started checking the forums and tried out yours, schanidt, eccentric, and Armor's sliders, then tried out shady and popboys, and it was definitely a major issue I was having. Went back to default and the problem went away. Checked through the forums more and the issue started before I even bought the game
Old 02-05-2023, 11:20 AM   #101
Rookie

dar3816's Arena

Quote:
Without doing any testing, my Top guesses as to what might be causing this:

* Normalize Played to Sim Minutes Off
* Normalize Played to Sim Stats Off
* Shooting Foul Frequency 90/90
* Maybe something to do with Team Chemistry Effects?

I won't have time to test any of this anytime soon, but in case it helps others, that's where I'd start. Foul frequency could be a simple name oversight in the code notes on the back end. I'd start there.
I can tell you that the only season I have going is in ERA's mode on my own settings close to default and I don't see the issue. I was seeing it in play now with all the major slider sets I named in my previous post. So that should rule out the Normalize minutes and stats, maybe even team chemistry effects.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2023, 03:29 PM   #102
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

My plan, for now, is to use user timing for free throws. I'm nearly certain it still takes into account player ratings for FTs.
Old 02-05-2023, 07:32 PM   #103
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

I think the FT issue is stemming from the Driving Contact Shot Frequency slider. Let's try this at 50 for the user. Let me know what ya'll are seeing.
Old 02-05-2023, 08:51 PM   #104
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
I think the FT issue is stemming from the Driving Contact Shot Frequency slider. Let's try this at 50 for the user. Let me know what ya'll are seeing.
Hi Mike - I interpreted the comments about FTs to be the % from the line and not about the frequency of getting fouled and sent to the line. I would expect the Driving Contact Shot Frequency slider (and the Inside Contact Shot Frequency slider) to impact getting fouled, but not actual free throw shot % when at the line.

Honestly, for Real % free throw shooting (and for the CPU) I have found it's gotten better recently. But the only way I have found to influence the in game FT% for Real % and the CPMU is with roster edits to the FT attribute.

For a while my Human controlled team was shooting about 90% for the season. I got it down to closer to 80% by reducing the FT attributes of the players on my team. Then 2K tweaked something and I was shooting like 50% all the sudden.

So I put the FT attribute back to about where it was before and now I tend to shoot between 65% and 80% most games with a roughly high 70s average which I'm happy with.

For user control FT, you can adjust the Human FT slider but I only use Real % so cant talk to the effects.

Note - I am on PC so old gen, not new gen. I can't talk to the new gen experience, though I suspect the basic concepts apply for Real % FT shooting.

Also - for fouls to get to the line, I have made a lot of roster tendency adjustments to help get that behavior where I like it. I find you can only do so much with the sliders for fouls.

Last edited by res2; 02-05-2023 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Spelling, as usual ;)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »