Home

RES2 2K23 All Star Current Gen Sliders

This is a discussion on RES2 2K23 All Star Current Gen Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-08-2022, 10:34 AM   #65
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: RES2 2K23 All Star Current Gen Sliders

I removed the Iso and Cutter plays from all team playbooks, bumped the Close Shooting slider up by 2 points, and lowered the Close Tendency to 15.

In my game against the Clippers, I really liked the overall gameplay. I won by about 20 because PG13 left with an elbow injury early in the 2nd quarter, The Clippers were in foul trouble much of the game and Zubac fouled out with almost 10 minutes left in the game.

The Clippers were just off most of the 2nd half, but with the Paul George injury and how their rotations were a mess due to foul issues, its not a great gauge of how most game might play.

That said, I love seeing an in game injury and how foul trouble was actually a thing and really did create lineup problems. All good indications of how this year's game is so much better than previous years.

Last edited by res2; 10-09-2022 at 10:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2022, 01:41 PM   #66
Pro

Game against the Bucks was also really good. I shot just over 50% and the Bucks just over 40% (including only 18% from 3) so I still want to make some slight adjustments to bring shooting % a little more in line. Almost there.

Wallace (my C) was in foul trouble in the 1st and Ibaka fouled out in the 4th quarter. Again, I like to foul trouble adjustments that teams (including me at times) need to make.
Old 10-08-2022, 02:05 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by res2
Game against the Bucks was also really good. I shot just over 50% and the Bucks just over 40% (including only 18% from 3) so I still want to make some slight adjustments to bring shooting % a little more in line. Almost there.

Wallace (my C) was in foul trouble in the 1st and Ibaka fouled out in the 4th quarter. Again, I like to foul trouble adjustments that teams (including me at times) need to make.
I think every game is diffent and so is difficult to find % perfect.
Old 10-08-2022, 03:36 PM   #68
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by talladega63
I think every game is diffent and so is difficult to find % perfect.
Oh for sure!

But in the 2 games I played with this current set (Clippers and Bucks) I shot over 50% and the CPU shot about 40%. I always play about 2 or 3 games to see if there is a trend or theme because each game is different.

Nice thing is I just tweaked a couple things and lost to the Bulls by 8. I shot 46% and the Bulls shot 49%. it as a really good game.

I'll play a couple more to see if this good gameplay sticks.
Old 10-09-2022, 01:56 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by res2
Oh for sure!

But in the 2 games I played with this current set (Clippers and Bucks) I shot over 50% and the CPU shot about 40%. I always play about 2 or 3 games to see if there is a trend or theme because each game is different.

Nice thing is I just tweaked a couple things and lost to the Bulls by 8. I shot 46% and the Bulls shot 49%. it as a really good game.

I'll play a couple more to see if this good gameplay sticks.
I played a game % a little too hight for both
Old 10-09-2022, 08:52 PM   #70
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by talladega63
I played a game % a little too hight for both
The main levers I've been playing with to tweak shooting % (mostly because I don't want to keep adjusting the shooting sliders) are 1) Shot Coverage Impact, 2) Layup Defense Strength (Release), 3) Jump Shot Defense Strength (Release), 4) Defensive Awareness, Offensive Consistency, and 5) Defensive Consistency.

So to get shooting % a little lower consider these adjustments -

Increase Shot Coverage Impact (but don't go over 50)
Increase Layup Defense Strength (Release)
Increase Jump Shot Defense Strength (Release)
Increase Defensive Awareness
Decrease Offensive Consistency
Increase Defensive Consistency

I would only make small adjustments and play a game or two to see if you like the results.

I'll have an updated on my most recent experiments later tonight I hope.

Last edited by res2; 10-09-2022 at 09:20 PM.
Old 10-09-2022, 10:00 PM   #71
Pro

Here are the tweaks to the set posted above that I'm currently playing with. Parentheses note the old value.

Speed - 56 (60)

Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather) - 25 (35)

Acceleration - from 45 (35)
Hands – 65 (35)
On-Ball Defense – 40 (50)
Defensive Awareness – 25 (35)

Take Inside Shots - 35 (40)
Take Close Shots - 15 (35)
Take 3PT Shots - 85 (80)
Look for Post Players - 55 (45)

Everything else is unchanged.

The biggest change was dropping Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather) to 25. This years game is strong defensively so the higher points I want for defensive animations and gameplay need to be somewhat offset elsewhere. I like the lower score here for the same reason I like the lower Defensive Awareness score. This slows down the defense reactions to player movement and passes just enough to allow more flow and movement.

Most of the other changes are minor things I saw (like increasing hands to get more deflections and turnovers) or based on comments from others here or in other posts (like reducing Take Close Shots).

I adjusted the game speed because I could not find the right mix of speed and acceleration at 60. I like the way this played at 56. We'll see if it sticks or if 2K messes with the speed like the sometimes do.

As always, I'd love to hear your comments and feedback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2022, 10:04 PM   #72
Pro

Tight back and forth game at LA. I had a chance to win on the last shot but it rimmed out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »