Home

RES2 2K23 All Star Current Gen Sliders

This is a discussion on RES2 2K23 All Star Current Gen Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-14-2022, 09:43 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: RES2 2K23 All Star Current Gen Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxpinke
I can’t find coaching tendencies. Feel like I’m going crazy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had to start a season. I don't think you can edit them from the main roster but only once you start a league or season. Which sucks.

I was out of town and just landed but I'll add that link to the post in a bit.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2022, 11:07 PM   #10
Pro

Here is that post on double teams -

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...uble-team.html
Old 09-16-2022, 12:25 PM   #11
Just started!

OVR: 0

Made some more minor adjustments and here are the stat's I've been getting. I only screenshotted two games, but I've had multiple games in this range. I controlled the Raptors and Magic in the two games.

Looking to improve:
  • Create more 3-point opportunities for both CPU and User
    Increase the dead ball/unforced turnovers
    Increased blocks

In the game, it does feel like there are a lot of three-point attempts, but then when I see the stats, it's always in the twenties. Part of it is likely the team selection. 32 3PA out of 72FGA for the raptors isn't terrible, and I played the first half against Dallas, and they took a bunch. I'd like to see more corner threes on the shot chart, possibly a coaching tendency/playbook change I can make.

Steals numbers aren't unrealistic, but I haven't had any outlier games with many steals. And the CPU hasn't been making any unforced errors (i.e. three in the key, offensive fouls, errant passes) as much as I have.

Haven't had any high blocks games either, and Rudy Gobert getting 0 against a team with 7-footers seems unrealistic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NBA 2K23 2022-09-14 10_36_43 PM.jpg (111.4 KB, 220 views)
File Type: jpg NBA 2K23 2022-09-16 12_10_57 PM.jpg (117.3 KB, 218 views)
File Type: jpg NBA 2K23 2022-09-16 12_11_54 PM.jpg (91.6 KB, 217 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2022, 08:52 PM   #12
Pro

Hi Baller - those stats look really good. Nice to see.

Agree on 3pt attempts if you are looking for more, I'd continue to bump that tendency up to see if you get more attempts from the CPMO.

Turnovers are tougher and I've always struggled to get enough unforced turnovers in particular in previous years. Drop pass accuracy and Ball Security down. I have these at about 25 currently but may go lower to get for unforced turnovers.

Also increase Play Passing Lanes and Go For on Ball Steals for more forced turnovers/steals.

For Blocks, I have been getting a few but not a lot either. The combo of the lower Vertical and Block sliders might be too low. Bump those both up until you are seeing the block numbers you expect.

Keep me posted!
Old 09-16-2022, 11:01 PM   #13
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Any ideas how to get cpu to attempt more threes and stop the paint cheese? Halftime of a game I am in now and Wizards have 44 points. Only 8 3pt attempts and 32 PIP out of 44 total. It's seriously not fun at all. Every play is PnR and hit the roll for Layup. Or literally no pass and PG force drives to the rim.

This is with all shot tendency in sliders at 0. Mid and 3pt shot tendency at 100. Attack basket at 0 too. What in the world is going on? Like they aren't even running a set play with coach slider run plays is at 100. Very little movement other than a screen, then drive to basket, or pnr. I'm so lost! Lol

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 09-16-2022 at 11:06 PM.
Old 09-16-2022, 11:29 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
Any ideas how to get cpu to attempt more threes and stop the paint cheese? Halftime of a game I am in now and Wizards have 44 points. Only 8 3pt attempts and 32 PIP out of 44 total. It's seriously not fun at all. Every play is PnR and hit the roll for Layup. Or literally no pass and PG force drives to the rim.

This is with all shot tendency in sliders at 0. Mid and 3pt shot tendency at 100. Attack basket at 0 too. What in the world is going on? Like they aren't even running a set play even with coach slider run plays is at 100. Very little movement other than a screen, then drive to basket, or pnr. I'm so lost! Lol

Argh! I hate that.

It might be the redonkulous 2K roster tendencies. One thing I did before I started my season is a bunch of roster tendency updates. I only do these edits once I have created the season (or league) so that I can take advantage of the All Players edit screen. I edit some of the highest rated players to eliminate some extremes. I use the feature to edit the entire column to make global reductions or increases as needed.

Here are all the changes I made, but the key might be the reductions to the various DRIVE tendencies. These changes are what I want to see for better ball movement, less driving into the paint, less isolation play, etc.

BTW - I also get rid of a lot of badges. When editing All Players, on most badges a flick the right stick down once to eliminate all bronze badges, shift silver to bronze, etc. So you end up with much fewer badges and the Max values are gold (no legendary). Then I tweak a few to bump up real superstars for key badges as I see fit.

Here are the updates to roster tendencies I make.

Last edited by res2; 09-16-2022 at 11:41 PM.
Old 09-16-2022, 11:38 PM   #15
Pro

So some detail to clarify.

When the adjustment says something like this -
  • Start at 80, down 35, up 5

What that means is this -

Edit tendencies and switch to the All Player screen.

Sort that tendency column (Drive in this case) in descending order. Manually reduce the individual top players until the max scores are 80. Then select the entire column (Press A to cycle through individual cell, row, and column options until you have the entire column selected) and flick the right stick down 35 (so the max score is now 45 since you started with a max score of 80) then flick the right stick up 5. All the scores that were just at 0 are now at 5 and the max up from 45 to is 50. You will now have a range for Drive from 5 to 50 for all players.

If any column adjustment has max scores of 100, I flick down once to set the max to 99. I'll also check the top scores for any tendency to see if the top rated players look right and adjust a few top players manually as needed so there is not some scrub at 99 just because the 2K roster has garbage data sometimes.

Hope that makes sense.

Last edited by res2; 09-16-2022 at 11:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2022, 11:43 PM   #16
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Yes makes sense and I will for sure be giving this a shot. It sucks cause you just know the game is so so good and can tell it could replicate some great basketball with slider adjustments. It's just a shame roster tendencies every year ruin it. The attention to detail rosters will probably be crazy good and couple that with slider adjustments this game will be insanely good.

What are your results with these edits you have?

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »