Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #857
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
Yeah something drastically changed between MLB 11 and 12 in how the game selects what to replay.
Yeah, it seems that the triggers may be off a little. I've seen them (offensive replays), but definitely not as frequently as before. Saw a really nice one yesterday, on a hanger that I line back over 2B for a hit.

-- Sent from the Future...

YouTube

Last edited by thaSLAB; 04-21-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #858
Rookie

Woodcutta's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

So just downloaded the newest online roster update and was wondering if they will eventually update the player's photos with the real photos once they have changed teams. Also, there are still players like Carter Capps and Stephen Pryor who played with the team last year and don't have their real photos. Also, why haven't they added Nate Freiman to the A's roster yet? This is the second update he should have been added and yet he is still missing. If he is missing there are probably others.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:16 AM   #859
Banned

vcu9's Arena

OVR: 19

I think I figured out the Attendance Percentage Bug (Capacity %).

Just double the attendance percentage and that is the true attendance for the game.

So, if the attendance says 34%, the actual percentage is 68%.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:33 PM   #860
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

Couple quick comments so far about things I'm still noticing.

Whenever anyone hits a rope to RF, you can still not throw to 1st base with a chance to throw them out. Rather annoying.

On double plays, it seems when you hit circle to throw to first, it still doesn't register until whoever is it second base has full possession of the ball. Many of times I've tossed the ball to second, and hold circle before the ball gets there and then my SS/2B doesn't even throw the ball.

The same applies to the situation when a runner is stealing and your catcher hasn't fully caught the ball yet.

Player physics are still undeveloped. Outfielders react way to quickly and get to deep fly balls with ease on a consistent basis. Diving animation still looks awful. Still a bunch of throwing animations that look incredibly awkward.

Players have no sense of weight. The running animation is still terrible and players seem to glide across the field, instead of having the appearance of actually planting their feet and taking a real step.

Graphically this game is still and always has been meh to me. Some faces look really good, others look horrible. Still got a lot of "crazy eyes" going on in close ups. Most textures look rigid and unpolished, especially in HD. I know it sounds weird but a bit of blur in areas would really help smooth the look of this game. Whether it be a motion blur, or a depth of field blur. Everything looks too sharp (not a good sharp)

Presentation is much improved, but the commentary has taken two steps backward. Time to bring in a real broadcast team. 2k blows this out of the water.

Really enjoy the bullpen functions this year, with the different options for preparing a pitcher for entry into the game. Great addition.

Also, it's 2013. Why in the world do we still not have free flowing jerseys? Or at least some movement. Didn't 2k do this like 7 years ago? Wind does exist.

And maybe I'm not fully aware of the graphical limitations, but I feel like this game should be much farther along graphically than it has come in the 8 years it will be on the current gen.

All-in-all most of these things don't take away from my overall enjoyment so far, but I'll post more as I get deeper in the game.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:20 PM   #861
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Just hit a 3R HR with my pitcher Matt Latos
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #862
MVP

TGov's Arena

Im pretty impressed with the "stock is rising"/"starting to struggle" emails...
I have gotten 8 "rising" emails(including Anthony Ranuado & Rubby De la Rosa jumping to an A pot.) and 4 "struggle" emails(including Henry Owens falling to a C pot. booo, but I'll take the good with the bad )...
Mind that I'm only in June of 2013!
I love the fluctuation, players become better players every year, even jumping up a grade like in the game, but they also fail and fall off the radar...
kudos Show!
Old 04-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #863
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGov
Im pretty impressed with the "stock is rising"/"starting to struggle" emails...
I have gotten 8 "rising" emails(including Anthony Ranuado & Rubby De la Rosa jumping to an A pot.) and 4 "struggle" emails(including Henry Owens falling to a C pot. booo, but I'll take the good with the bad )...
Mind that I'm only in June of 2013!
I love the fluctuation, players become better players every year, even jumping up a grade like in the game, but they also fail and fall off the radar...
kudos Show!
Are those potential changes temporary, meaning just during the season, or are they what the players end up with at end of season?
Old 04-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #864
MVP

TGov's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Are those potential changes temporary, meaning just during the season, or are they what the players end up with at end of season?
During the season, I wonder if anything with change by the end of the season...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »