Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-01-2013, 11:16 PM   #881
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cleaner III
Is there a patch list forum yet? I had a baserunner completely disappear from second base when I tried to tag up on a flyball to right-center. As soon as I pressed the button for him to advance, he disappeared from the field. When the next batter came up, the baserunner was not on the field. I wasn't charged an out.
I just witnessed this for the first time since the game came out and it sucked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2013, 12:22 PM   #882
Rookie

3fiddy's Arena

OVR: 0

Every year 2 users and myself fantasy draft up a team and try to play every game. The head 2 head battles are wht kinda puts a damper on the year But last night was different....

- guess pitch wasn't a gamebreaker. The other users played eachother and dont use guess pitch as a crutch now.

So glad this is improved
Old 05-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #883
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8

Does Hanley Ramirez have a giant head or is it just me? Lol

Also, I just finished up a 3-game series against the Dodgers (as the Red Sox). It was so great to absolutely pummel Beckett (8 ER in 3+IP) and nearly hit a cycle in 2 out of 3 games with Napoli. I also limited Gonzalez and Crawford from producing much, even got the last out of the series on a Gonzo pop up... (And Punto did nothing as well)
Boston's so terrible huh? You just got whooped son!
Gonzalez and Crawford really disappointed me with blaming Boston for there performances even though Gonzo played well. They could have just said they the city and them didnt mesh but they took the low road and bashed the city, which bashes the fans, which bashes a nation, which will never let you live it down... Money doesn't win championship boys (at least not anymore, ex. Giants) Rant over!

This game is just wonderful, Im having a-heck-of-a lotta fun!!!
Old 05-06-2013, 01:06 PM   #884
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm completely amazed by MLB 13 The Show. I was in limbo getting/not getting a PS3 just to play that game. Finally, after reading impressions, reading about the game and my wife dropping the hammer saying how much I've played with some baseball games over the year that it was worth it, I bough the PS3 and MLB The Show.

There might be glitches, bugs, etc. but so far, the thing that has me jumping all over the place at home is the fun factor. I'm playing mostly RTTS so far, trying almost every position and it's simply amazing the fun I have with this game.

With addition of the rosters and TNK sliders (tweated for Veteran because it's simply too hard for me on AS) I have only praise for this game. After the deception I had over EA Sports game like NHL, Madden and NCAA Football, I've got to say that MLB The Show so far, not beeing perfect, has got me back to a feeling like a kid entering in a candy store.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:50 PM   #885
MVP

OVR: 1

I was playing Beginner Mode (I'm 70 years old) and decided to try Sportscast Manager. I can see a bright future for Sportscast Manager if we could pop in and out of the game, not just once, but unlimited.

Beginner Mode is exactly that, and for those who are new to the game, and those like me, seniors , this is exactly what the doctor ordered--great!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2013, 07:55 PM   #886
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0

Gotta say that's awesome! I hope Im playing The Show when Im 70!!!
Old 05-07-2013, 11:06 PM   #887
Rookie

erod550's Arena

OVR: 2

What's with every CPU infielder being able to make the transfer from glove hand to perfect full strength throw in .000001 seconds while being completely off balance? It really affects the balance of hits vs outs in the game and is extremely disappointing that they don't at least have some sort of arm strength or accuracy penalty when they're making every throw hurried and off one foot yet it's still a perfect throw every time. I've even seen catchers lunge out from behind the plate and already have a throw off to 2nd base before the batter is even out of the box, and when you look at the replay there was no transfer. The ball just morphs from the glove to already in their hand cocked back for the (as always) perfect throw.

It's a rare occurrence that a fielder will actually stop and set his feet before making a throw and it really kills the realistic feel of the game because unless they're charging a slow roller or something no one ever makes those awkward off balance throws off their right foot on routine plays. It also makes it so speedy runners still get doubled up on almost every ground ball with a runner at first. Quite frustrating.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:51 AM   #888
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by erod550
What's with every CPU infielder being able to make the transfer from glove hand to perfect full strength throw in .000001 seconds while being completely off balance? It really affects the balance of hits vs outs in the game and is extremely disappointing that they don't at least have some sort of arm strength or accuracy penalty when they're making every throw hurried and off one foot yet it's still a perfect throw every time. I've even seen catchers lunge out from behind the plate and already have a throw off to 2nd base before the batter is even out of the box, and when you look at the replay there was no transfer. The ball just morphs from the glove to already in their hand cocked back for the (as always) perfect throw.

It's a rare occurrence that a fielder will actually stop and set his feet before making a throw and it really kills the realistic feel of the game because unless they're charging a slow roller or something no one ever makes those awkward off balance throws off their right foot on routine plays. It also makes it so speedy runners still get doubled up on almost every ground ball with a runner at first. Quite frustrating.
I have plenty of videos of these types of plays.
There are some really bad animations in the game when it comes to CPU fielding. And on routine plays at that. Catchers seem to be the worst.
(Too many) fielding animations are way too rushed and unrealistic. Just like you say, throwing off balance and just making tough plays way too cleanly and effortlessly.

My guess is that a couple years ago, a few people felt that the animations were too slow--fielders took their sweet time, or too many steps or glove pumps before making the plays, and personally I think the developers overcompensated. "Guess" being the key word there.

Last edited by treyraq; 05-08-2013 at 02:56 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »