Home

MLB 13 The Show Video - New York Yankees vs. Toronto Blue Jays

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Video - New York Yankees vs. Toronto Blue Jays within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #185
Rookie

OVR: 0
It's good for low spending teams if they want their team to have high priced freea gents but the Rays have made the playoffs been in the world series and their attendance doesn't go up so kind of sucks that if your good witht he Rays and they do have a good team their attendacne will be sky high in the game and your budget will eventually be sky high which is not realistic. The Rays or Pirates which is mentioned in the video will never have 125 million budget. Maybe you can turn this off, who knows but if you want to build a low payroll team into a contender you will have money availabe.
So it's on you to ingore the extra money which is fine but the AI run Rays franchise in your franchise if they're winning will have 100 million plus budget which is kind of annoying. Breaks reality(Know it's a video game) when everything in this game is close to real life as you can get and then you in a franchise and the Rays outbid every one for Cano whcih would never happen in real life. Doesn't mean I won't buy it but hopefully in the future the Show will have set budgets for the small market teams so no matter how much they win or how high the attendance is they can't spend over 100 million dollars on payroll.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2013, 06:00 PM   #186
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: MLB The Show 13 Video - New York Yankees vs. Toronto Blue Jays

We've just re-calibrated our player overall's algorithm today. There were 44 players rated at 99 or above before the change, now there are only 14. Expect to see a larger range or numbers and more variance in general.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:11 PM   #187
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
We've just re-calibrated our player overall's algorithm today. There were 44 players rated at 99 or above before the change, now there are only 14. Expect to see a larger range or numbers and more variance in general.
You guys outdo yourselves every single year, bravo

Oh and while were on the topic of ratings are the letter grades still in the game? If they are, has the greater range of variance been taken into account regarding those as well? Basically, is 50 considered average and thus warranting a C grade, or does the system still follow (for lack of a better term) a school grading system where C equals 70, etc?

Last edited by seanjeezy; 01-11-2013 at 06:26 PM. Reason: I suck at grammar...
Old 01-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #188
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
This is outstanding, this will help differentiate the true stars (and true duds) of the game.

Just a few months out from release and still making substantial improvements. I love it!

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Kings / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
XBox: MizzouRhino
Old 01-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #189
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10

I am going to get my wacks in on the dead horse....Cano's stance was damn near perfect last year, so much so I had trouble hitting when I batted as him because I would catch myself looking at his follow through, it was dead on!

This year's batting stance looks like him when he is just standing in the box getting ready.....to get ready...if that makes sense.

IRL he has a little bob to the bat, stance is a little open, and bat is off shoulder...matter fact its exactly like it was in MLB The Show 12!

Please fix this...

With that being said, so far so good on everything else, looking to see what comes out next!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #190
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

This video is delicious.

I love the new stances for Jeter, A-Rod and Granderson. However, as many others have mentioned, Cano's new stance is not looking good. He was pretty close to perfect in MLB 12, so I hope his old stance is still available as a generic if they decide to keep this new stance.

I can't wait for this game!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:12 PM   #191
MVP

tree3five's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
This video is delicious.

I love the new stances for Jeter, A-Rod and Granderson. However, as many others have mentioned, Cano's new stance is not looking good. He was pretty close to perfect in MLB 12, so I hope his old stance is still available as a generic if they decide to keep this new stance.

I can't wait for this game!
I remember last year for some reason Garrett Jones had Grady Sizemore's stance as default. It was way off for Jones, Jones' stance was still in the game and I just changed it back. Hopefully its the same situation for Cano and you can change it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2013, 07:32 PM   #192
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: CES MLB Show 13 Video: Yankees vs Blue Jays

Like A-Rod's stance. It'd be perfect if when he HR swings he holds his one arm out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »