Home

Staff Roundtable: Madden NFL 12 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on Staff Roundtable: Madden NFL 12 Demo Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-14-2011, 12:28 PM   #233
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Staff Roundtable: Madden NFL 12 Demo Impressions

what it boils down to for me, i liked this demo more than any version of Madden of the past 5 yrs combined. So, as long as the retail plays even close the demo, i'll be playing some NFL football this year. i think too many people are waiting for the PERFECT football to be made,and it's not gonna happen.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:36 PM   #234
Banned

IntellectualAssassin's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
the overall tackle animations and their ability to chain off of each other is better than APF
Quote:
The game speed (if you set it on slow) is much better than the 2k games were, and it seems to be the most realistic of any of the games personally.
Quote:
The defensive line play seems to be better in Madden 12 than any of the previous Maddens, and better than 2k in my opinion as well
Quote:
the other catch animations are much better in Madden than they were in APF in my opinion.
Quote:
their gameplay does too.
If we're just comparing to APF (because it was significantly better than 2K5), I strongly disagree with all of this. Wish I didn't, but I do.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:46 PM   #235
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14

Never gets old dropping in to see everyone getting this worked up when 2k is brought up but this is an impressions thread for the Madden demo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please get back to sharing your thoughts on the demo...

I enjoyed the demo and it will be a day 1 purchase. It is nice to see the players have dramatic facial expressions now ( I don't think that was in last year). The graphics are amazing and the game plays very well. It looks like EA is starting to clean up some of the mindless wondering after plays. When you look at the players faces and actions after some plays it looks like they have no idea where they are and when they break into a sprint for no reason it detracts from the experience(at least for me)

I have only seen players grab their stomach when hurt? Not sure if this is just a demo problem or not....

It dosent look like the Madden team will be able to pull off a real half time show this hardware cycle which is sad.

The usual Madden clipping is still there. I flat out lost games last year do to clipping so I hope they clear a lot of that up on the gold build

Last edited by Brian_OS; 08-14-2011 at 12:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2011, 12:47 PM   #236
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
And then you have Madden, which from the looks of it, seems to the best total package.
Good overall post. While I may not agree w/all of your views, it was nice to see someone do a decent comparison rather than spit the "you're just hating" mantra. I think most of us realize there hasn't been another NFL game for 7 - SEVEN - years. Madden should've long ago been the best football game by default. Being able to say [other games] are doing certain aspects of football better than Madden is currently doing is imo ridiculous and speaks more about Madden than it does these other games.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 08-14-2011, 01:04 PM   #237
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Good overall post. While I may not agree w/all of your views, it was nice to see someone do a decent comparison rather than spit the "you're just hating" mantra. I think most of us realize there hasn't been another NFL game for 7 - SEVEN - years. Madden should've long ago been the best football game by default. Being able to say [other games] are doing certain aspects of football better than Madden is currently doing is imo ridiculous and speaks more about Madden than it does these other games.
Yeah, but at the same time, it's like that in just about every sports genre. There's even some things that NBA Live used to do that I felt were better than 2k11 (and I'm a HUGE 2k11 fan). There's things in MVP Baseball that I felt were better than anything the Show has been able to do. There's things that were in some of the old NHL 2k games that I thought were better than what's still in NHL 11. Every company has certain priorities or strengths. I don't think there's ever been a sports game that was better than its competition in every single possible aspect (not meaning like gameplay overall, but all the little nuances too).
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-14-2011, 01:36 PM   #238
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Back to Madden 12 demo impressions, or chatter on the round table. I would hate to have to start handing out bans on a Sunday.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 08-14-2011, 01:55 PM   #239
Rookie

OVR: 6

Getting back on topic, does anyone know why as soon as you throw the ball all 11 defenders run to the catch circle?

This happens a lot more on deep routes when 1 safety is deep vs. 2 WR's, and the safety can cover both of them because as soon as I throw he darts to the intended receiver.

I know this is supposed to happen, but I think they're a bit too fast...
Old 08-14-2011, 01:58 PM   #240
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSportzGuru
Getting back on topic, does anyone know why as soon as you throw the ball all 11 defenders run to the catch circle?

This happens a lot more on deep routes when 1 safety is deep vs. 2 WR's, and the safety can cover both of them because as soon as I throw he darts to the intended receiver.

I know this is supposed to happen, but I think they're a bit too fast...
You gotta throw off to the side so the safety can't get there.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »