Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-30-2014, 01:55 PM   #169
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Different era, different leadership. Why would Sim care about free trips and a free game, he's there because he has a direct line to the devs. He talked with Cam 1 on 1 at E3, I bet not many GC's have been able to do that over the years. This team is more accessible and honest, the proof is in the pudding, but so far the only reason to doubt this team is because of two letters, there's no real reason to think they can't accomplish what they're trying to do besides that.
Sorry, but I'm calling BS on this right here in bold. Hatred for EA is misguided. Personally, I've been playing EA games since their inception. I even buy other games that have been published by EA. I was a HUGE fan of the Red Alert C&C games (published by EA after acquiring Westwood), Played all of the original EA sports games (loved them), Dead Space (incredible), and a slew of others. EA is not a "bad" company. The only part of EA I take issue with is Tiburon, and I've felt that way for a long time.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:08 PM   #170
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Sorry, but I'm calling BS on this right here in bold. Hatred for EA is misguided. Personally, I've been playing EA games since their inception. I even buy other games that have been published by EA. I was a HUGE fan of the Red Alert C&C games (published by EA after acquiring Westwood), Played all of the original EA sports games (loved them), Dead Space (incredible), and a slew of others. EA is not a "bad" company. The only part of EA I take issue with is Tiburon, and I've felt that way for a long time.
I agree. I play their NHL series and I love it. Its not kneejerk hatred for EA. I've been playing their games for a quarter of a century. I just want a good game of NFL football that builds on itself year after year. But what I get is features constantly being removed and added back in a few years later as a new feature, and its just not cutting it for me anymore.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:24 PM   #171
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Do you honestly think all the game changers are doing this just so they can improve madden without any additional benefits to them.

Game changers are a joke. Nothing they report is ever accurate and their input is never utilized. All they are are people who get to play/see it early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2014, 02:27 PM   #172
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
Exactly! How many years should we have to wait til next year???? Until I deem this game to be worthy of my 60 dollars, and more importantly my time, it will be a no buy for me. 2 years running now, and it looks like its going to be 3. As long as people keep buying a sub standard product they will keep delivering substandard products

I am one of the older guys on here and until recently had been playing madden every year since 1989. It saddens me it has to come to me not buying the game anymore because of so few advancements, and in some cases, going BACKWARDS. I thought we would have something really special by now, and had there been a competitor we probably would. Exclusivity has killed Madden.

I'm close to my mid 50's. I don't have a lot of time to wait and I'm not real happy about the past decade. Say it's 5+ years before things are even close to where they should be. How many more years will I have left? This is a big part of the frustration.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:36 PM   #173
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Game changers are a joke. Nothing they report is ever accurate and their input is never utilized. All they are are people who get to play/see it early.

I think the gamechangers is a good program and i think some have the right idea, the issue is, i dont think i've ever seen a gamechanger speak negatively towards the game so if they had a major issue, i am not sure how in depth they can express those things. Every year, i see positive feedback leading up to the release with the routine saying of :
"You just have to play it to see"
"i was one that didnt like madden xx, but i like what they've done, that is saying something"
" they've built xx from the ground up"

When you play, we end up bitching about the same problems in the game.

Same story every year, i watch these videos and i see the same problems with a nice coat of paint over it.

Old 06-30-2014, 03:02 PM   #174
Banned

OVR: 25
Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp23
I think the gamechangers is a good program and i think some have the right idea, the issue is, i dont think i've ever seen a gamechanger speak negatively towards the game so if they had a major issue, i am not sure how in depth they can express those things. Every year, i see positive feedback leading up to the release with the routine saying of :
"You just have to play it to see"
"i was one that didnt like madden xx, but i like what they've done, that is saying something"
" they've built xx from the ground up"

When you play, we end up bitching about the same problems in the game.

Same story every year, i watch these videos and i see the same problems with a nice coat of paint over it.

And there lies the problem. Why have them if all they do is force positive things?

Then when the game drops... All their " feedback" is ignored and the cycle repeats.

They are just additional spokes people limited to only positive comments.

Meaning? WORTHLESS

Old 06-30-2014, 03:11 PM   #175
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
And there lies the problem. Why have them if all they do is force positive things?

Then when the game drops... All their " feedback" is ignored and the cycle repeats.

They are just additional spokes people limited to only positive comments.

Meaning? WORTHLESS

While it is very true that having a bunch of yes men being gamechangers does nothing for us as the consumers we have no idea what they may be saying to the development team when they get there. Although I do remember this one dude saying how the certain people that did have something to say magically ended up not being invited the following year so who knows?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2014, 04:04 PM   #176
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Different era, different leadership. Why would Sim care about free trips and a free game, he's there because he has a direct line to the devs. He talked with Cam 1 on 1 at E3, I bet not many GC's have been able to do that over the years. This team is more accessible and honest, the proof is in the pudding, but so far the only reason to doubt this team is because of two letters, there's no real reason to think they can't accomplish what they're trying to do besides that.
Who knows what they're trying to do though? Generally speaking, they're trying to make a simulation football game. But what does that mean? Ask what sim football is here at OS and you'll get almost as many answers as members.

So when someone says future games will have what we've all been waiting for, I have to wonder who the "all" is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'd argue they are less available than Ian and Phil Frasier ever were, different era or not.
Word! I think this future stuff would go over much smoother if it were from the source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
road,

You beat me to it.

WOW... you want to talk about access, it's not even close. Both Ian and Phil were regular posters here. Forget talking about someone with direct access to someone else, Ian used to post WIP videos of stuff he was working on and ask for feedback. He used to drop posts in the middle of the night here (and another site) breaking down the formulas and tech they were using to improve turn rates and acceleration so that we'd have a better picture of what they were up against. Last time I looked, Ian still has blog posts in his arena from that era where he'd give behind the scenes looks at how the game was being build and how he was trying to change the foundation. They even hung around to take the bullets when things didn't come out as
expected.

@jp: I'll never take a man to task for being optimisit, but when you make posts like this saying "this team is more accessible" when it's clearly not the case, it really makes it seem like you have the blinders on.
And you beat me to it. Can't beat WIP vids and real time feedback.

Quote:
Just because a game doesn't have everything you are wanting doesn't mean it's substandard, it means you don't like it. I believe M15 will be a high quality game in many areas. We're seeing an alpha build of the same two teams every time, this is the least amount of footage in years that we have gotten to judge a game off of. This team is trying to undersell over deliver so keep that in mind.
Of course it does. Substandard is an opinion. There are other games to compare Madden to. You either feel it meets the standard or don't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »