Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-30-2014, 12:10 PM   #145
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic)

I'd argue they are less available than Ian and Phil Frasier ever were, different era or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2014, 12:19 PM   #146
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Different era, different leadership. Why would Sim care about free trips and a free game, he's there because he has a direct line to the devs. He talked with Cam 1 on 1 at E3, I bet not many GC's have been able to do that over the years. This team is more accessible and honest, the proof is in the pudding, but so far the only reason to doubt this team is because of two letters, there's no real reason to think they can't accomplish what they're trying to do besides that.
Do you honestly think all the game changers are doing this just so they can improve madden without any additional benefits to them.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:19 PM   #147
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'd argue they are less available than Ian and Phil Frasier ever were, different era or not.
In some ways maybe, but Sim has direct communication with Rex and Cam. Cam is higher up than Phil was, Cam is also much more sim focused than Phil. If Ian had a Cam or Rex on the team with him, we'd be way beyond where we are today.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:32 PM   #148
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Watch closely at 4:33 this is the beginning of real gang tackling coming to Madden. I just spoke with Sim and he said there's tech in place now for falls and collisions to happen more organically, they are building towards real gang tackling, this is phase 1.
Wait, why is it phase 1? Shouldn't this be phase 2 if it's going to co-exist with the "three year plan" Are you saying we have to wait three full years before realistic tackling? Or am I missing something?
Old 06-30-2014, 12:40 PM   #149
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Do you honestly think all the game changers are doing this just so they can improve madden without any additional benefits to them.
No, but I do think that is the primary motivation for Sim & Smitty.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:41 PM   #150
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
road,

You beat me to it.

WOW... you want to talk about access, it's not even close. Both Ian and Phil were regular posters here. Forget talking about someone with direct access to someone else, Ian used to post WIP videos of stuff he was working on and ask for feedback. He used to drop posts in the middle of the night here (and another site) breaking down the formulas and tech they were using to improve turn rates and acceleration so that we'd have a better picture of what they were up against. Last time I looked, Ian still has blog posts in his arena from that era where he'd give behind the scenes looks at how the game was being build and how he was trying to change the foundation. They even hung around to take the bullets when things didn't come out as
expected.

@jp: I'll never take a man to task for being optimisit, but when you make posts like this saying "this team is more accessible" when it's clearly not the case, it really makes it seem like you have the blinders on.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:41 PM   #151
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm about tired of these "phases". We were told there was a 3 year plan since Madden 13....it's been 3 years, why are we still talking about the same issues that have been in the game since Madden 06? It just really feels like we're being spoon fed certain bits of actual football per year. I understand they want to get the gameplay down 1st, but when are we "actually" going to be able to say "Wow, now THAT is football!"? Madden 13-Madden 25 was what, OL/DL improvements, less falling/flopping off of your own team mates, and better foot planting? If there's more within that transition please correct me, because I honestly can't tell. Sooooooo much more can be done with these games and for us to be even entertaining the thought of "Phase 1" or "3 year plans" that will eventually turn into another 3 year plan is ridiculous.

But I guess that's the nature of the beast of exclusivity. Do what you want at your own pace because there's no one to light a fire under you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2014, 12:47 PM   #152
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
I see your and Senator's point but to JP's point, I think these current devs are very accessible on Twitter versus OS like Ian and dem boys. So all of you are "right" in a sense, just in relation to different internet mediums.

"Blessed are the peacemakers...."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »