Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-30-2014, 12:56 PM   #153
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I see your and Senator's point but to JP's point, I think these current devs are very accessible on Twitter versus OS like Ian and dem boys. So all of you are "right" in a sense, just in relation to different internet mediums.

"Blessed are the peacemakers...."
I see your point too, Big, I just thought JP was referring that Sim has Cam's ear at E3.

I'd say not all developers are on Twitter, either. I don't think Cam or Rex are.

Also, another thing I consider, I'd say we had more influence with Ian and Phil than Twitter World, but that's just me thinking aloud.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:01 PM   #154

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
I see your and Senator's point but to JP's point, I think these current devs are very accessible on Twitter versus OS like Ian and dem boys. So all of you are "right" in a sense, just in relation to different internet mediums.

While true twitter is far less of a means for communication because of character limits than any forum could be and in all honesty probably ends up to more confusion because of vague posts being cut off.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:04 PM   #155

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicVirtue
I'm about tired of these "phases". We were told there was a 3 year plan since Madden 13....it's been 3 years, why are we still talking about the same issues that have been in.

We're in our third second year of a three year plan in the last 3 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2014, 01:05 PM   #156
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I see your point too, Big, I just thought JP was referring that Sim has Cam's ear at E3.

I'd say not all developers are on Twitter, either. I don't think Cam or Rex are.

Also, another thing I consider, I'd say we had more influence with Ian and Phil than Twitter World, but that's just me thinking aloud.
I feel you, though I think OS felt they had more influence with those guys but the final product didn't really show that, imo. I give them credit for the interaction and outreach on OS but it, like so many other things over the years, didn't change the game much. I still remember Ian's POV on penalties, adaptive AI and animations, all of which he was clearly pro User control over realism.

Anyway, we've both been around long enough to know that while having dev interaction is better than not having it psychologically, it usually has very little influence on how the game inevitably turns out.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:08 PM   #157
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

Twitter wasn't then what it was today. Back in my day (lol!) we had message boards... but I digress.

Ian and Phil answered questions directly here. You could actually inbox them and a few other developers and they'd respond. You didn't have to rely on info from the person of a person who went to EA. They were part of this community. I've been asking questions on twitter for the past four years to various people on the Madden team and have only gotten a response once during a Q&A session. It got to the point where I didn't think I knew how to use the damn thing.

I will say this, though, I actually have conserved directly with a couple of the new developers about certain aspects of the game via old fashioned means during certain times of year and have found them very accomodating and friendly (Clint in particular). So, I don't want it to seem like I'm taking shots at the current team to prove my point. But I haven't seen many WIP videos of green screen avatars posted on Twitter with a developer asking us what we thought. I haven't seen any of them upload a youtube video on a whim of them tweaking the pass rush the way Ian did to gauge time in the pocket. I could be wrong, though.

Last edited by Senator Palmer; 06-30-2014 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:08 PM   #158
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
While true twitter is far less of a means for communication because of character limits than any forum could be and in all honesty probably ends up to more confusion because of vague posts being cut off.
Yeah good point there, though I have heard people that tweet with Clint give him credit for not being thin skinned as some devs could come across in the past. So that would lend some credence to the "more accessible" claim JP made. Also, those few characters were apparently enough to have Josh Looman block people when CCM first came out, lol.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:12 PM   #159
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Icon13 Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic)

Quote:
Yeah good point there, though I have heard people that tweet with Clint give him credit for not being thin skinned as some devs could come across in the past. So that would lend some credence to the "more accessible" claim JP made. Also, those few characters were apparently enough to have Josh Looman block people when CCM first came out, lol.
Looman did and eventually Mike Young blocked me too. What I was referring to was mainly Clint, but I have seen Rex post on here before. Rex seems more transparent in interviews and stuff, he gives straightforward answers, doesn't only answer softball questions.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-30-2014 at 01:19 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:18 PM   #160
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Just ask lbzrule about what was supposed to be coming. He can tell you about what he saw back in 2009. Yeah... How'd that turn out? I'll believe it when I see it. Also, what's coming out years from now shouldn't be a concern. We should be able to enjoy this year's game.
Exactly! How many years should we have to wait til next year???? Until I deem this game to be worthy of my 60 dollars, and more importantly my time, it will be a no buy for me. 2 years running now, and it looks like its going to be 3. As long as people keep buying a sub standard product they will keep delivering substandard products

I am one of the older guys on here and until recently had been playing madden every year since 1989. It saddens me it has to come to me not buying the game anymore because of so few advancements, and in some cases, going BACKWARDS. I thought we would have something really special by now, and had there been a competitor we probably would. Exclusivity has killed Madden.

Last edited by treq21; 06-30-2014 at 01:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »