Home

Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-14-2023, 10:52 PM   #41
Rookie

ClassActFan's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC

An incredibly minor, albeit annoying complaint, perhaps even a personal misgiving: does it drive anybody else crazy that, yet again in another Madden year, you cannot skip the replay after a made field goal? Again, minor, but those 8-10 seconds of having to watch the replay of a made FG drives me bonkers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2023, 10:57 PM   #42
MVP

GR5Noles's Arena

OVR: 2

Just finished my first game on PS5. All-Madden, speed parity at 75, bumped injuries and penalty sliders:

Texans (CPU) 41 / Titans (Me) 34

Lots of scoring and lots of turnovers in this one.

CJ Stroud finished 20/37 for 327 yards, 4 TD and 3 INT. He definitely had some jitters and threw 2 INTs in the first half and missed some easy throws. He dialed in in the second half and hit some big throws. John Metchie and Robert Woods absolutely torched my secondary — both had over 100 yards and Metchie caught 3 TDS.

I was careless and threw 4 INTs with Tannehill. Two of them were just awful reads, one was an under throw while throwing on the run which was actually nice to see. He finished 25/41 for 223 yards and a TD. Houston really sat back for the most part to prevent the deep ball to Hopkins or Burks.

Derrick Henry finished with 161 yards and 2 TDS on 27 carries. He was definitely the work horse of the offense as expected.

Saw a total of 8 penalties too…Houston had 5 for 65 yards (4 RtP, 1 false start) and I had 3 for 20 yards (1 hold, 2 false starts)
Old 08-14-2023, 11:01 PM   #43
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

Early Pros:
  • Body Types look great. Especially RBs
  • Graphics look very improved. Helmets and jerseys especially.
Early Cons:
  • My gosh the stuttering in the between play cutscenes is terrible. Graphics mode. Performance mode. Doesn't matter. Happened in the beta too. How in the world did nobody at EA choose to fix this? You can't play without seeing it. It was all over the beta forums. Blows my mind. I'm on Series X and I've never played a game this stuttery on this console.
Old 08-14-2023, 11:14 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Early Pros:
  • Body Types look great. Especially RBs
  • Graphics look very improved. Helmets and jerseys especially.
Early Cons:
  • My gosh the stuttering in the between play cutscenes is terrible. Graphics mode. Performance mode. Doesn't matter. Happened in the beta too. How in the world did nobody at EA choose to fix this? You can't play without seeing it. It was all over the beta forums. Blows my mind. I'm on Series X and I've never played a game this stuttery on this console.
Any chance EA can fix this?
Old 08-14-2023, 11:17 PM   #45
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I itial impression after spectating one game between the 49ers and Steelers...gameplay has been tightened up. The pass rushed has been tuned to provide more pass rush. I'm watched on All-Pro Default sliders, 95 Speed Threshold and both DLines were getting after it. Already seeing more two and three man tackle animations and the tackles look so good. Spectating game #3 now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2023, 11:20 PM   #46
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I am glad I am not getting the stutters. Definitely can tell the difference between the teams, good players vs bad players. Played a snow game, yeah once the 2nd quarter starts, it look terrible. One of these years they will do something with the weather. With good rated players you can throw and run pretty good. Average and bad rated players, doing those things are a chore to do, especially passing with a lower rated QB.

Servers are crashing even with the soft launch. You would think EA would have had way more servers available for tonight. So far so good, I am highly impressed with Madden 24. Probably the most fun I had with a Madden since Madden 16 so far. The only con right now I see despite the obvious lack of penalties, is that TEs and WRs over the middle hold on to the ball after a big hit way too often. Also flats are open a lot. Deep ball appear to be hard to complete so far. I haven't and neither have the CPU completed a deep pass yet. It is like no matter who the QB is, the ball hangs in the air like a balloon way too long causing the WR and DB to stop and wait on it, causing a jump ball situation, which so far, after 20 attempts the DB or Safety knocks it away every time.
Old 08-14-2023, 11:54 PM   #47

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

I finally got on and played a quick game. My tradition is to take the 2 worst teams and play. This year, Cards at Texans.

Strictly coming from a guy that only likes gameplay and franchise. I found the gameplay to be stunningly great. Things I saw that I never saw in a Madden before:
  • Kyler Murray was hit bounced off and scrambled around in the pocket.
    Tackles are great and varied. No more kill shots every play. Saw a tackle where the LB hit the RB's right leg and held on. Saw a push tackle.
    Knockouts are so much more realistic.
    I thought the blocking was excellent. Some blocks were missed but that's the NFL.
    KO return lanes are open and you have a chance this year.
    Player models look good. They move differently. Less robotic.

The game suggests quality mode but change it to perf mode. It's a bit choppy in quality mode.

Also of note, the 1st half I was all over Kyler. I sacked him 4 times and held them to 7. In the second half, the CPU adjusted and hung 23 on me. I was totally taken off guard.

Overall, and this is a small sample size, I am very happy with the gameplay. I'm going to playa bit more tomorrow...but this is a day one buy for me and I haven't bought day 1 in 4 years.

Last edited by ChicagoChris; 08-14-2023 at 11:56 PM.
Old 08-14-2023, 11:59 PM   #48
Rookie

a lot of the jerseys/pads look absolutely horrendous

here is Dolphins legend Tua T a g o v a | l o a for example:

https://imgur.com/a/67f3M8Q

https://imgur.com/a/2zGyS1R

Last edited by rsc3487; 08-15-2023 at 12:03 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »