Home

TD's NFL 2K20 Roster File

This is a discussion on TD's NFL 2K20 Roster File within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2019, 09:55 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: TD's NFL 2K20 Roster File

Just a heads up: I'm on the second Franchise season with this roster file, and the pre-season weeks are taking a VERY long time to sim. Upwards of 5-10 minutes per week. Honestly this isn't a big deal for me but I just wanted to let others know that the game didn't "freeze" like with other rosters. If the music isn't skipping and the dots are moving on the simming notification it's still working, it's just gonna take a while potentially.

Oh and this is the PS2 version of the roster. Not sure if the XBox version has the same problems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2019, 10:39 AM   #42
Just started!

Hey guys

I am on PCSX2

Can anyone help me out with transferring these files to the ps2 format?

I want to play franchise mode so bad with updated rosters but every updated roster file i am trying will freeze up week 1 and i cant play.

Please help a brother out.

Thanks
Old 06-13-2019, 07:07 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americana1108
Just a heads up: I'm on the second Franchise season with this roster file, and the pre-season weeks are taking a VERY long time to sim. Upwards of 5-10 minutes per week. Honestly this isn't a big deal for me but I just wanted to let others know that the game didn't "freeze" like with other rosters. If the music isn't skipping and the dots are moving on the simming notification it's still working, it's just gonna take a while potentially.

Oh and this is the PS2 version of the roster. Not sure if the XBox version has the same problems.
Thanks for sharing. I’m glad to hear it’s working so well. The file seems to be very stable.
Old 06-13-2019, 07:12 AM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfl2k5master
Hey guys

I am on PCSX2

Can anyone help me out with transferring these files to the ps2 format?

I want to play franchise mode so bad with updated rosters but every updated roster file i am trying will freeze up week 1 and i cant play.

Please help a brother out.

Thanks
Does Mooch’s post on page 4 help? Sorry, but I’m not as familiar with the PS2 and PCSX2.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:58 AM   #45
Just started!

Hey Maven

I got it all squared away . I just want to say thanks for everything you did man, to keep these rosters alive , and working hard to get franchise mode to work.

I played 3 franchise games last night and everything went smooth as butter

Thanks!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2019, 08:02 PM   #46
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Is there an Xbox original way to get these by chance?
Old 06-16-2019, 10:07 AM   #47
Veteran

db56's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdmavens
That's a great question, and I think I may be getting closer to an answer. Through my work on files this last season or so, I'm beginning to think having a file with no name corruption and auto fixing of name corruption is key. With the new file I'm almost ready to post, there was no name corruption along the process, from me importing the teams into a stable roster file (the last one release by 2K itself), into renaming players. Something weird did happen where the Ravens players were on the Ravens AND the Rams, so I had to carefully copy and paste the Rams players attributes and carefully edit names in small increments. My current file works in Franchise Mode, even when selecting to user control a single team (I tried the 49ers), and I was able to sim all the way through the playoffs and through off season activities with no problem. One thing I've noticed, however, is that the simulating of games, etc. in the second season tends to take a LOT longer than the first season. Not sure why, but it does.

I'm also noticing a possible cause for the name corruption (which the editor can "fix," but then the ability to use the roster in franchise can be compromised). When you manually edit a players' name, and you cannot link to another player with that name already because the name is unique (e.g. Cordarrelle) is helpful to change the name slot for a player with a similar number of characters in their name. So in the earlier file, I was might have been taking the unused name slot "Sam" and use it for "Cordarrelle," which has many more characters. And if you do that enough, you can run into problems. I've now just gotten into the habit of saving, closing the file, and reopening it every time after I edit in that way, and I haven't run into any name corruption.

So, all in all, I'm thinking it comes down to avoiding name corruption, and some files you find on the internet, as wonderful as they are, have had that happen along the way. And they can still be great for single games, but they may have problems in Franchise.

At least that's where I am in my thinking on this at this point.
The roster looks amazing, Big thanks!

Would you mind posting instructions explaining how you change the names so we can make updates to our teams without corrupting the file.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-17-2019, 09:40 AM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by db56
The roster looks amazing, Big thanks!

Would you mind posting instructions explaining how you change the names so we can make updates to our teams without corrupting the file.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Operation Sports mobile app
Thanks for the kind words, as well as your own roster work from which I’ve benefitted greatly.

At this point if you want to change names, and as I change some later this summer, here are some rules and steps I follow. Many of these will echo the advice and guidelines in the Editor itself. If you read that you will also be able to tell what the various colors, brackets, and asterisks mean when editing.

1. Edit names ONLY using the Editor. Do NOT edit any names while on your 360, PS2, etc.

2. Try to avoid adding Jr., II, III, etc. to the ends of player's last names. I know it’s trendy now, but as far as 2K5 goes, I now view those extra characters in terms of their potential to be used when renaming future players with unique names (as in steps 5 and 6). My current file still has a few examples, but I will probably remove them at some point.

3. Back up your files before starting your editing session AND edit in small increments. For me that means each time I change one player’s name, I save the file, close the file (not the program), reopen the file, and then hope I don’t get a name corruption message. If I do, I can go to the file I saved earlier and try another strategy. If not, be thankful and proceed with more editing.

4. Once you select a player whose name you want to change, first try to link their names (first and last) to existing names in the game. After you select the name, it will turn red (or blue and red if it’s one of the stock rookie names). If you can do that for first and last, awesome. Click OK. Save the file. Close the file (not the program), then reopen.

5. If you must create a unique name, first try to find an unused name slot with the same number of characters as the name you want. Say you want to name a player Kyler (5 characters). Find a 5-character name with an asterisk that is NOT linked to any other player (i.e. Chris*). Once you select Chris, click OK, and the name slot is white with Chris written in black, you can edit the name to Kyler. Do something similar for the last name (or link to existing if you can), then click OK/Accept and close the player. If it goes back to the roster, save, close, reopen, and continue.

6. If you can’t find an unused name with the same number of characters, first try to find one with slightly fewer characters. Say you repeat the same steps as in #5 to change Chris (5 characters) to Montana (7 characters). That’s 2 extra characters. One of two things will happen. (1) After changing Chris to Montana (and it should be black with no red that would indicate linking of names), you click OK/Accept, and it returns to the roster. You’re all good. Save, close reopen. OR (2) After changing Chris to Montana, you click OK/Accept, but you receive a message saying about character limit reached and Montana reverts to Chris. In this case, you have to try something else. The file is OK, but it’s not going to let you put Montana in that name slot. What I would do is try to find an unused name slot with 6 characters like Nelson, so I’m only stretching it one character. If that doesn’t work, I would probably go work on other, shorter names for a while, saving closing and reopening, and then come back to this Montana issue. As a last resort, you could find an unused name slot that has 8 or more characters and use it for Montana. Save, close, reopen. I tend to want to save longer unused names for future unique names, but you gotta do what you gotta do, and it won’t hurt the file to use a longer unused name for a unique shorter name. And actually I think when you save, close, and reopen, whichever characters are no longer being used by that slot are made available elsewhere somehow. But I’m not exactly sure how.

So that’s all I have for now. I’ll add more if something comes to mind. Basically edit in small increments. Save, close, reopen often. Always keep an eye on whether name slots are linked, unique, open, and how many characters are being used.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarification or if something else arises.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »