Home

TD's NFL 2K20 Roster File

This is a discussion on TD's NFL 2K20 Roster File within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2019, 06:27 PM   #9
Rookie

ZedSpot's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: TD's NFL 2K20 Roster File

Quote:
Originally Posted by makerender
Thanks for working on this. Really appreciate it. I was wondering if you or Spear has these in ps2 format. If not, does anyone have a link to a tutorial on how to convert them yourself?

One way I know of is to open the file in the Gamesave Editor (4.0) and export each team individually, then opening a PS2 file in the Editor, import each team. It's a little laborious, but it works. Plus you can do it with a Franchise file.
Old 05-04-2019, 09:40 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagob04
I also noticed that you had some players named like A. DT for a Def. Tackle and since you mentioned you were working on the first rounders, I went through and named and set college, height, weight and some stats for those last night.

What are you talking about in terms of being "linked"? I've always updated roster files but never had to start one from scratch.
OK, I'm done adding roughly the top 3-4 picks of each team for half of the teams, especially 1st-3rd Rounders. I'll probably finish tomorrow, but I won't be adding more rookies until rosters become more clear during pre-season.

The first and last names of each player take up name slots in the file, and the editor allows you to link/share a name slot if you so choose (e.g. Amari Cooper and Cooper Kupp could share the name slot for Cooper, which would only use 3 name slots instead of four). I've found that some people have used this feature in their files, but I tried to eliminate it from my file last year, and I believe the file was more stable in Franchise mode as a result. The other potential problem with linking names is that if you change the shared name slot, it affects all players who are sharing it. The editor's index/help file has a whole breakdown for the color coding used in the name slots if you want to learn more.

I'm basically trying to make it so each player's first and last names have their own name slots, like they do in 2K's official rosters.
Old 05-07-2019, 12:11 PM   #11
Rookie

gagob04's Arena

Any general timeline as to when you might release your final roster? I'm dying to try out the full roster!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2019, 09:42 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagob04
Any general timeline as to when you might release your final roster? I'm dying to try out the full roster!
I'm working on some rough rookie ratings at this point, and I should have something updated to share by Friday, but it will not be fully complete.

As for a final release, I don't think that will happen until some time in the summer. There's still a decent deal of player movement going on.
Old 05-10-2019, 09:58 PM   #13
Rookie

Update: I feel like I learned this last year, but it doesn't seem to be the linked names that cause the file to not work in franchise. Last night I exported each team from my file and imported into the last official roster file from 2K, and the file worked great in franchise mode.

At this point I'm going to spend a bit more time creating rookies and tweaking ratings, then I'll import the teams into the last official roster again. After doing that, I'll need to update colleges, years pro, and last name only PBP, but then it should be good to go.

I'm not sure how long it will take, but I'll post updates, and the file on Page 1 (as of today) is pretty good for single games.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:35 AM   #14
Just started!

First off, thank you for doing this. I might start to learn how to edit myself.

I have a question. I have been playing your updated Spear’s roster for “2k19” in franchise mode. Your instructions to user control all teams is critical, but I’ve ran into a huge problem. At draft time, it makes me pick every teams pick. I can’t just simulate a single pick. So I either have to skip the whole draft, or pick for every team. Is there anyway around this?

If not, what needs to be done for a roster file to work flawlessly in franchise mode?
Old 05-18-2019, 09:21 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjackson
First off, thank you for doing this. I might start to learn how to edit myself.

I have a question. I have been playing your updated Spear’s roster for “2k19” in franchise mode. Your instructions to user control all teams is critical, but I’ve ran into a huge problem. At draft time, it makes me pick every teams pick. I can’t just simulate a single pick. So I either have to skip the whole draft, or pick for every team. Is there anyway around this?

If not, what needs to be done for a roster file to work flawlessly in franchise mode?
That's a great question, and I think I may be getting closer to an answer. Through my work on files this last season or so, I'm beginning to think having a file with no name corruption and auto fixing of name corruption is key. With the new file I'm almost ready to post, there was no name corruption along the process, from me importing the teams into a stable roster file (the last one release by 2K itself), into renaming players. Something weird did happen where the Ravens players were on the Ravens AND the Rams, so I had to carefully copy and paste the Rams players attributes and carefully edit names in small increments. My current file works in Franchise Mode, even when selecting to user control a single team (I tried the 49ers), and I was able to sim all the way through the playoffs and through off season activities with no problem. One thing I've noticed, however, is that the simulating of games, etc. in the second season tends to take a LOT longer than the first season. Not sure why, but it does.

I'm also noticing a possible cause for the name corruption (which the editor can "fix," but then the ability to use the roster in franchise can be compromised). When you manually edit a players' name, and you cannot link to another player with that name already because the name is unique (e.g. Cordarrelle) is helpful to change the name slot for a player with a similar number of characters in their name. So in the earlier file, I was might have been taking the unused name slot "Sam" and use it for "Cordarrelle," which has many more characters. And if you do that enough, you can run into problems. I've now just gotten into the habit of saving, closing the file, and reopening it every time after I edit in that way, and I haven't run into any name corruption.

So, all in all, I'm thinking it comes down to avoiding name corruption, and some files you find on the internet, as wonderful as they are, have had that happen along the way. And they can still be great for single games, but they may have problems in Franchise.

At least that's where I am in my thinking on this at this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2019, 12:30 AM   #16
Rookie

Quick Update:

I'm just cleaning up Play-by-Play and Years Pro, and I'll post an updated file.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »