Home

GillBoldberg's NFL 2K4 Roster

This is a discussion on GillBoldberg's NFL 2K4 Roster within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2015, 12:28 AM   #49
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: GillBoldberg's NFL 2K4 Roster

Finally got a chance to play with your new rosters and the game feels awesome man!

Thanks so much for doing all this work!

Just some quick feedback on my 1st game as the Bills vs. Pats...

There were way too many Pass Interference calls in my game. I may need to lower the slider a bit. Not sure if you noticed this at all on your end.

The running game was a little tough, but not bad.

The AI played a nice balance and didn't run the ball so much which was nice. Not sure if you did something beyond change the playbook to get the run % down or not.

I noticed Tom Brady wasn't starting and when playing a few mins of a quick game that Big Ben was on the bench as well. Does your file have the correct starters or do we need to manually make those changes?

Lastly, the passing % was pretty high both over 100%. I feel like the receivers caught a ton of passes and there were very little drops.

I'll keep you posted as I progress through my franchise though.

One last thing, I noticed you had an offseason file, but when I checked out the Bills McCoy and Cassel, among others, were missing. How far have you gone with that file?

Anyways, thanks again for this wonderful file! The game definitely feels like a brand new 2K game and I'm super excited.
Old 04-10-2015, 12:29 AM   #50
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJavo
Finally got a chance to play with your new rosters and the game feels awesome man!

Just some quick feedback on my 1st game as the Bills vs. Pats...

There were way too many Pass Interference calls in my game. I may need to lower the slider a bit. Not sure if you noticed this at all on your end.

The AI played a nice balance and didn't run the ball so much which was nice. Not sure if you did something beyond change the playbook to get the run % down or not.

I noticed Tom Brady wasn't starting and when playing a few mins of a quick game that Big Ben was on the bench as well. Does your file have the correct starters or do we need to manually make those changes?

Lastly, the passing % was pretty high both over 100%. I feel like the receivers caught a ton of passes and there were very little drops.

I'll keep you posted as I progress through my franchise though.

One last thing, I noticed you had an offseason file, but when I checked out the Bills McCoy and Cassel, among others, were missing. How far have you gone with that file?

Anyways, thanks again for this wonderful file! The game definitely feels like a brand new 2K game and I'm super excited.
Im doing a team sliders spreadsheet if your interested
Old 04-10-2015, 12:32 AM   #51
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbartlett81
Im doing a team sliders spreadsheet if your interested

Not sure what you mean, but yeah let me know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2015, 01:13 AM   #52
Pro

Its a formula...for passing slider u take ur starting qb pass acc -60 and thats ur slider. For running you take ur starting rb and fb rating/2 then -60 I can post the formulas its from the 2k5 thread but works great for 2k4 that way each team plays diffrtent
Old 04-10-2015, 01:52 AM   #53
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJavo

Glad to hear. All thanks to your editor.

Quote:
I've noticed a few, but compared to other games that barely have any penalties I actually like seeing it called. If it's too much then yeah, you bring down the PI slider.

Quote:
If you're using the sliders I posted then good. They were designed to be a bit tough. The base game has an over powered run game, so I tried to neutralize that. Even so, it depends on the team matchups as well. One game I'll run all over the D and the other I'll struggle to get 2 YPC. Play a few more games and see where you're at. The sliders aren't set in stone so obviously you can tweak them to your liking.

Quote:
I'm still having mixed results with run/pass%. I've got a spreadsheet of scheme & pass/run% from the '03 season that I use to decide what playbooks to give to teams. I'm still not 100% sure if it even effects play calling but I'm kind of done obsessing over it ha.

Quote:
I think that's an error on my part. I released then re-signed every player to reset their contracts. What that also does is scramble up the depth charts. I must of forgot to double check that all the starters were correct.

Quote:
That's a bit of a double edged sword. I'm not sure how both QB's can have over 100%, but whatever haha. Sliders can remedy this if it's too high for your liking. I don't want the game to play like 2K5 where every other pass is a knockdown but obviously don't want like 80+% completion. I've played a few games where some mediocre QB's were in the 70 range which is a bit high. I'm still trying to find a nice balance with the sliders.

Quote:
If you're looking at the file in the editor, remember that we never figured out how to track player movement so you'll see a few player on the team rosters (in the editor only) that shouldn't be there. In-game it should be fine. I know for a fact that McCoy and Cassel are on Buff. If they aren't in your game, it might be a conversion issue since I know you're on XBOX.

---

While making the roster I did notice that 2K4 does have less players in it's "player pool" compared to 2K5. I also noticed that when you go to create a player in-game you can still create players even though there's 1000+ players in the list. You do have to sift through 1000+ players but you can create more players. The problem is they don't show up in the editor because of the way the editor reads the file/hex. If we can pin point where these created players show up in the hex, do you think we can add them into the editor?

I have enough slots to make the rest of the draft class and etc, but more player slots never hurt. Also, I think I posted it in the 2K4 editor thread, but the ability to change K/P into a positional player will also free up more slots. I'm pretty sure by changing their "kick style" you'll be able to change their position without messing up their OVR. That kick style rating is with the rest of their attributes in the hex. I should probably test that when I get some time before we set that in stone..

Like always, no rush with these since they're not high priority but let me know if you think it can be done. Thanks.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:01 AM   #54
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbartlett81
Its a formula...for passing slider u take ur starting qb pass acc -60 and thats ur slider. For running you take ur starting rb and fb rating/2 then -60 I can post the formulas its from the 2k5 thread but works great for 2k4 that way each team plays diffrtent
I haven't tried these sliders out yet, but don't you think a more concrete/neutral set will allow players to play to their ratings more accurately? It just seems like a pain to have to change the sliders before every game. But I haven't even tried them so I shouldn't judge lol. When I get the itch to play again I'll try to give them a chance.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:03 AM   #55
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillBoldberg
I haven't tried these sliders out yet, but don't you think a more concrete/neutral set will allow players to play to their ratings more accurately? It just seems like a pain to have to change the sliders before every game. But I haven't even tried them so I shouldn't judge lol. When I get the itch to play again I'll try to give them a chance.
I think the ratings play out with them. Yes its a pain ill throw the raiders and pats up there w penalties and settings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2015, 02:08 AM   #56
Pro

Pats 16,28,17,30,17,18,15,38. Thats from blk-kick
Raiders w/carr not shuab- 15,19,24,25,13,20,13,21
Fast, 8-9 min, eq on
Clipping 0 def pass 30 inelg man 32 off holding 32 rough qb 32
All others 40
Those are somebody else's settings that made these but I'm just using the formula for your roster I think you'd be surprised at how cool these actually play

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »