Home

NFL 2K12 by Rickster & Dolphin (The Silentway Revisions)

This is a discussion on NFL 2K12 by Rickster & Dolphin (The Silentway Revisions) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-18-2011, 06:15 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NFL 2K12 by Rickster & Dolphin (The Silentway Revisions)

hey silentway how will we know the rosters are ready? and thanks for all the hard work (Rickster, dolphin, and now u silentway)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2011, 05:13 AM   #42
Rookie

Silentway's Arena

I'll update original post and thread title if I can, when I'm finished.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:35 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 1

So, if I understand this correctly, your roster will have the players rated more like the way the original game was? As awesome as Rickster and Dolphins rosters are, it's hard to use them in franchise mode because the incoming draft picks are rated differently than the players already in the roster. Am I correct in understanding that your roster will make that a non-issue? For example, in Rickster and Dolphin's roster, even the worst QBs are usually in the 80s in terms of overall rating. The top prospects meanwhile are usually in the 70s.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:03 PM   #44
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

FYI- I didn't rate players. I was in charge of some of the behind the scenes stuff (fixing freezing issues / schedules / making the franchise file). I don't know much about the ratings as I immediately jumped back into playing my 80s files, but I do know I had little to do with them. Are they that off?
Old 12-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #45
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravesFan9
So, if I understand this correctly, your roster will have the players rated more like the way the original game was? As awesome as Rickster and Dolphins rosters are, it's hard to use them in franchise mode because the incoming draft picks are rated differently than the players already in the roster. Am I correct in understanding that your roster will make that a non-issue? For example, in Rickster and Dolphin's roster, even the worst QBs are usually in the 80s in terms of overall rating. The top prospects meanwhile are usually in the 70s.

So basically your issue is with rosters rated for a more "Franchise" style game as opposed to something as in a "Play Now" roster if I'm reading your post correctly.

First off the rosters put out by dolphin and I really weren't started off as a "Franchise" roster that came much later and he and I put in a heck of a lot of time creating them not just for you but fans of 2K football so be thankful we even bothered to do anything period dealing with ESPN 2K football.

Franchise rosters are a pain in the *** to create,trust me dolphin isn't all that caught up in creating them and neither am I unless for personel reasons they're that difficult to do bro trust us so don't piss him off again he left the project once over this kind of reply.

Visual Concepts probably never thought that guys like myself and dolphin would be 7 years down the road still keeping this game alive and interesting so again be thankful.

We've given it our all and due to certain hardcode programing and restrictions we can only do and control so much within our abilities as rosters go.

We can not control in game roster progression that is hard coded in the game and progress as you play via "Franchise" mode,I've simmed rosters up to 2025
and they suck using original or created rosters.

The best case senerio is playing created rosters 1 to 5 years and thats pushing it the games inheirent progression will alter and change them over a period of time it is something we can not predict or control.

What we've done is given the community at large something more then expected.....an ESPN NFL 2K12 Roster....with a "Franchise" option to enjoy until they the powers that be decide to produce another game.

Its all we can do for now and you don't have to be so critical unless you intend on putting us on a payroll and even that won't help since we do this for the love of the game.

The difference in rating prospects and players having seen play is simple, I rate what I feel works for what I've seen and observed not prospected thats where updates come in feel me, they're not perfect but are pretty close to what I see on the gridiron and of course you can always change them if you don't agree....your decision, your choice.

If you crack that code that deals with player progression let me know....nobodys perfect dolphin and I just try harder so lighten up and help the guys who are still interested in 2Kfootball out by encourging them and giving them a break....wouldn't hurt if you did your own roster and find out what it takes to man up.....Silentway is taking those steps.

On another note I'm still working on updates and pics by ryno23 a member here at OS but don't want or intend on putting anything out until I'm satisfied (if I post at all) working along with ryno23 here at OS he is aware of my intentions....for now show some support for Silentways rosters coming soon and post constructive critisim to help him out this guy may be the one to watch for NFL 2K13 so play nice guys he'll post 'em soon.

I hope I'm not being to hard on ya bro but I've already dealt with this issue and trust me its a done deal, been there done that.

The Boss....Lead Man
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2011, 12:10 AM   #46
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
So basically your issue is with rosters rated for a more "Franchise" style game as opposed to something as in a "Play Now" roster if I'm reading your post correctly.

First off the rosters put out by dolphin and I really weren't started off as a "Franchise" roster that came much later and he and I put in a heck of a lot of time creating them not just for you but fans of 2K football so be thankful we even bothered to do anything period dealing with ESPN 2K football.

Franchise rosters are a pain in the *** to create,trust me dolphin isn't all that caught up in creating them and neither am I unless for personel reasons they're that difficult to do bro trust us so don't piss him off again he left the project once over this kind of reply.

Visual Concepts probably never thought that guys like myself and dolphin would be 7 years down the road still keeping this game alive and interesting so again be thankful.

We've given it our all and due to certain hardcode programing and restrictions we can only do and control so much within our abilities as rosters go.

We can not control in game roster progression that is hard coded in the game and progress as you play via "Franchise" mode,I've simmed rosters up to 2025
and they suck using original or created rosters.

The best case senerio is playing created rosters 1 to 5 years and thats pushing it the games inheirent progression will alter and change them over a period of time it is something we can not predict or control.

What we've done is given the community at large something more then expected.....an ESPN NFL 2K12 Roster....with a "Franchise" option to enjoy until they the powers that be decide to produce another game.

Its all we can do for now and you don't have to be so critical unless you intend on putting us on a payroll and even that won't help since we do this for the love of the game.

The difference in rating prospects and players having seen play is simple, I rate what I feel works for what I've seen and observed not prospected thats where updates come in feel me, they're not perfect but are pretty close to what I see on the gridiron and of course you can always change them if you don't agree....your decision, your choice.

If you crack that code that deals with player progression let me know....nobodys perfect dolphin and I just try harder so lighten up and help the guys who are still interested in 2Kfootball out by encourging them and giving them a break....wouldn't hurt if you did your own roster and find out what it takes to man up.....Silentway is taking those steps.

On another note I'm still working on updates and pics by ryno23 a member here at OS but don't want or intend on putting anything out until I'm satisfied (if I post at all) working along with ryno23 here at OS he is aware of my intentions....for now show some support for Silentways rosters coming soon and post constructive critisim to help him out this guy may be the one to watch for NFL 2K13 so play nice guys he'll post 'em soon.

I hope I'm not being to hard on ya bro but I've already dealt with this issue and trust me its a done deal, been there done that.

The Boss....Lead Man
Rickster101
Good information in this post.

However, I just want to point out that the guy wasn't criticizing you or dolphin, and he wasn't attacking you over progression or anything like that.

All he was saying is that the overall that the game gives players in your rosters are really high, but the good players that come in during the draft have much lower overalls (even considerably lower than some of the BAD players) in your roster.

It's not criticizing the work you've done or how well your rosters play, it's just a criticism of how high the overall score the game engine gives the players.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:37 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah...how did you get criticism out of that? I'm just stating a fact of reality about your rosters, and asking him to clarify if that's what he was changing. I think the work you did was great, and am grateful for it. Unfortunately, I can't really enjoy it because I like to play franchise mode, and to do that, I'd have to spend hours I don't have editing incoming rookie ratings. So I just wanted to know if he was going to be putting that out, so that I could play the game the way I enjoy it. That's all. Grateful to anyone that has the time and desire to make my gaming experience better, including you and Silentway.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:38 AM   #48
Rookie

Silentway's Arena

Yeah I will say that my players aren't rated nearly as high as they were when I started. Sure some players are, but don't expect Chad Henne to be 88 overall or whatever he was. I think I made him a 75, which is only so high because of his arm strength. I've also lowered strengths because not that many people in the original game had a high Strength rating. Because I'm not sure if you guys are aware, but somebody 300 lbs and 65 Strength, will extremely overpower somebody 240 lbs and 80 strength. Everything's subjective.

Edit:
Chiefs are well over halfway done, and when they are complete only 4 teams left. Once KC is finished I'm going to go ahead and release a beta version for everyone to download that way I can get some critique once I'm finishing the last few teams up and making my brush-ups and polishes. Thanks for the patience guys!

Last edited by Silentway; 12-20-2011 at 05:59 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »