Home

NFL 2K12 Rosters- First Effort

This is a discussion on NFL 2K12 Rosters- First Effort within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-15-2011, 01:04 AM   #25
Rookie

slashpg88's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NFL 2K12 Rosters- First Effort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
You might want to ask Finn if he's going to do a season schedule to update the editor there is a process that includes you having the rosters set up to convert for franchise play also read through the threads for more detailed info its here ya just gotta do some research and read up on some things via the threads.

You can also pm him and see what he has to say on the matter as far as updating the editors seasons which is another cool feature of the editor.

I haven't tried a franchise yet because its another subject somewhat altogether but related I do know from experience if the rosters aren't complete and set up correctly you will have issues so one step at a time and focus on the task at hand....rosters.

I won't go too much into detail here this is slashpg88 thread and I don't wanna take the focus away from the threads intention....basically rosters and creation of them.

Rickster101
Hey I don't mind. I would like to use the rosters in franchise mode too but I get to week 2 and it freezes. So I want to know how I can fix or prevent this from happening. Any help is encouraged!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 01:20 AM   #26
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

From what I recall the rosters have to be balanced and set up with the correct number of players at all positions and saved at a certain point then edited and converted in the editor itself.

I'll probably look into running one myself to test the rosters for their integrity and see if they'll hold up without freezing,it been sometime since I've tinkered with a franchise but its not so simple to create one and just toss it up and play out a season,remember you're the guy who created it and its gotta be done and set up right or you will have problems trust me every guy who is worth his salt as far as rosters go knows this thats why its not so simple as just playing a franchise with created rosters.

If you're just using the games franchise feature better be sure the roster positions are correct anything from a special team player out of position to a player being some where he is not suppose to be effects gameplay as in a tackle not in the right rotation on the o-line or a guard playing at the same position on both ends of a set crazy stuff like that.

Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 07-15-2011 at 01:43 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:59 AM   #27
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashpg88
Hey I don't mind. I would like to use the rosters in franchise mode too but I get to week 2 and it freezes. So I want to know how I can fix or prevent this from happening. Any help is encouraged!

There is no easy way to say this but to get to the point and keep it real so here we go.

The roster you've edited came from a very good source that being the roster I created/edited and that roster came from another good source Convinces older roster used as a base and re-done by me so I share its success and credit him for a reliable starting point it had no issues as far as game play.

True some players in many minds may or may not have been rated to their likings but that is a matter of opinion the rosters integrity is solid and functions as it should in regular game play and in franchise mode what I did was take that roster and re-worked the entire file thus creating something different my own roster.

What you should do is carefully look at how the file is put together in details and notice how it flows as far as line-ups and roster rotations and positioning go.

Details large or small can not be ignored everything from two way players mostly kick returners and long snappers effect the rosters integrity, game play and flow it can not be over looked if so you'll have issues as you are now at this present time.

Money and salaries are also an important part for franchise play to function correctly and flow within the games intentions rating aren't so big an issue but screw up the pay out to players salaries not inline with the teams budget and you will have issues believe that its a fact.

Here is something constructive for you to focus on and what you can do, as you've noticed in my roster all rookies are placed in the free agent pool awaiting placement on teams when slots open up and players move.

You should make your moves to address those players first and replace them position by position thus ensuring the rosters integrity for example Kansas City had a linebacker retire thus opening up a slot and needing that void filled unless the depth chart has someone there to replace him if so make the adjustment making sure the void has a player stepping up ready to play.

That can be done via the free agent pool or the teams depth chart still a player is needed to pan out the 53 man roster or you can re-edit that player and save some work if one is to replace him be mindful of his salary and years under contract to once again insure the rosters integrity and avoid salary issues and freezing.

Another simple method is to just put back what you take out or make sure a player is available in that slot you don't want to end up with too many LBs when the team has other needs.

If you've questions I'll try and answer best I can as for my roster I use several methods and re-check my work constantly I'm working on player moves and replacing them position by position via the free agency or team moves just like the NFL.

Don't crowd your roster just because you want that prized rookie make sure he's not just taking up space leaving you short somewhere needed and take your time creating a good roster requires a lot of patience and research.

I've tested my roster since I've added players and updates and its working just fine so far but there is still much to do so for now its a work in progress.

Well there is more to say but its best to take it slow one step at a time and get back to the threads focus,any questions just ask I'll answer best I can.

Rickster101
Old 07-16-2011, 11:44 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 0

Any thoughts on playbooks?

I'm thinking that since the game came out:

Norv Turner has gone from the Raiders to the Chargers
John Fox has gone from the Panthers to the Broncos
Mike Shanahan has gone from the Broncos to the Redskins

So these teams should have their playbooks changed to reflect their new coaches. Does anyone agree?
Old 07-16-2011, 01:22 PM   #29
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson#48
Any thoughts on playbooks?

I'm thinking that since the game came out:

Norv Turner has gone from the Raiders to the Chargers
John Fox has gone from the Panthers to the Broncos
Mike Shanahan has gone from the Broncos to the Redskins

So these teams should have their playbooks changed to reflect their new coaches. Does anyone agree?

Well yes and no we all know that there have been head coach moves but perhaps waiting on those preseason games would have been a real barometer check to see just who is doing what.

However if you're confident in knowing just what your teams philosophy is and how they're going to pan out then go for it,personaly I'd wait and see after some games were played remember that wild cat thing, well we all know how that panned out.

Its not a difficult thing to make the changes its just knowing if they're going to actually be that effective basically and knowing were that coachs roots came out of remember Turner started out in Dallas actually then the Raiders and probably tweak the Chargers a bit.

The games playbooks go back circa 2004-05 so the games playbooks are for the most part there for that time and era, best to take a look at em' ingame and so if they're still doing those same plays keep inmind you can add and delete plays and if I recall even create some....remember that wild cat thing, not so new now is it.

All in all I think I already set those playbooks up for 2010-2011,its been awhile so take a peek at em' and see whats going on under the hood and tell me what you see.

Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 07-16-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:35 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Well yes and no we all know that there have been head coach moves but perhaps waiting on those preseason games would have been a real barometer check to see just who is doing what.

However if you're confident in knowing just what your teams philosophy is and how they're going to pan out then go for it,personaly I'd wait and see after some games were played remember that wild cat thing, well we all know how that panned out.

Its not a difficult thing to make the changes its just knowing if they're going to actually be that effective basically and knowing were that coachs roots came out of remember Turner started out in Dallas actually then the Raiders and probably tweak the Chargers a bit.

The games playbooks go back circa 2004-05 so the games playbooks are for the most part there for that time and era, best to take a look at em' ingame and so if they're still doing those same plays keep inmind you can add and delete plays and if I recall even create some....remember that wild cat thing, not so new now is it.

All in all I think I already set those playbooks up for 2010-2011,its been awhile so take a peek at em' and see whats going on under the hood and tell me what you see.

Rickster101
Thanks. I don't think you can create plays. I think you subsititute the QB for a HB/WR to create the wildcat.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:18 PM   #31
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson#48
Thanks. I don't think you can create plays. I think you subsititute the QB for a HB/WR to create the wildcat.

You're correct about not being able to create plays now that I do recall you can't however looking into the "Gen" playbook seems to be a good option to snatch up a particular play and edit your teams personel in it among others like the "West Coast" offense and I forgot the others but they're in there also if you wanna use em'.

Its about one of a very few things (Creating plays) 2k5 didn't include but still its an incredible game years ahead of what came out during that time and now with an editor its able to keep up with current games neck and neck despite being what 7-8 years old that in itself is truly amazing and keeps me playing it year in and year out...its a classic and set bench marks through out the industry imo props go out to Finn the master mind and creator of the software tool that fuels and feeds this beast of a game.

By the way I've been simming and playing franchises with my rosters using the 2010-2011 season featured in the editor....crazy man just plain crazy!

I'll post a little sample of some work in progress and testing in my thread, I don't wanna tease you guys, I'm all about keepin' it real.

Go Finn
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2011, 02:11 AM   #32
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

Well, I'm back from Jamaica (ya mon) and will be more available to help as well. I can help when it comes to franchise time. Hopefully, Finn will create the schedule. That can be a real headache. I can help in getting the file into a usable franchise. For multiple seasons, Finn never shared the secrets of a stable franchise.

EDIT: (Per Finn) on changing 360 roster files back to reg. xbox files:

Just create a zip file yourself.

-Unzipped an existing xbox1 roster zip.
-You should have a UDATA folder.
-In that folder there will be another folder. Just replace that folder with the 360 file's folder.
-Create a new zip of the UDATA folder.

I am posting the converted original xbox file here (hope that is okay). It is labeled Feb26update because that is the file I moved the 360 files to.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_Feb26Updat.zip (283.7 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by dophin26; 07-17-2011 at 12:55 PM. Reason: More to say

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »