Home

How many are still playing 2k5

This is a discussion on How many are still playing 2k5 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-25-2010, 08:26 PM   #25
Rookie

BrownsFan72's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: How many are still playing 2k5

I buy Madden every yr and every yr I go back to 2K.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2010, 09:34 PM   #26
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

When you go into the Texans stadium, on the jumbotron it will show you an up-to-date approximate number of how many players have activated NFL 2K5 in the last 12 months.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:58 AM   #27
Banned

BestServedCold's Arena

OVR: 1

I play every week.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:41 AM   #28
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

I fired it up again last night with some updated rosters and it made me sell Madden

I was playing the giants vs. cowboys game and there were 2 plays that stood out. I was using the giants and the Cowboys had the ball. Romo rolled out and threw to Austin and I thought for sure he would catch it. My DB got there as the ball got there and hit him so that it was incomplete. Just a cool looking play.

The play after that Romo hits Williams and he gets hit as the ball gets there and it is ruled a fumble which I recover. Watching the play I thought no way he had possession. cowboys challenge the play and what do they challenge. Possession before the fumble call is overturned and they kick a FG.

I will be playing this game again
Old 10-26-2010, 01:28 PM   #29
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsFan72
I buy Madden every yr and every yr I go back to 2K.
I'm becoming that guy. To be totally honest, it's been a few years since I've taken a franchise beyond year 1, but I might do it this time. Madden is a superior title in a lot of ways, but 6 years ago, I never would have expected that EA would've failed to copy the things 2k5 did well. It sounds bad to say "copy", but c'mon, it's been done in every other sports genre...2k copied shot stick from NHL EA, just like MLB The Show copied a lot of their meter-based stuff from MVP Baseball. If something works and people adopt it, why fight it?

Visually, the game holds up much better than you'd think (XBox much more than PS2 version). The two things that do bother me are the framerate issues and a lot of the progression/ratings issues in franchise. But it's still a heck of a lot of fun. Thinking about picking APF 2k8 back up as well.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:51 PM   #30
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I have always loved this game. I have not played it in months. But I have a bunch of old classic rosters I use to play out classic seasons from the 80's and early 90's.

Thank you NFL2K5rosters.com and action replay! I play it on the original XBOX in HD. Game still holds up presentation wise and is still the king of football games in that regard.

I will say I love Madden 2011. First time I have loved a Madden game since Madden 2005.

But I still pop this puppy in from time to time and play some classic games for fun. It just takes me a few series to get the feel of the controls again and the physics are way different.

Great game man.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 11-02-2010, 10:31 AM   #31
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

I recently bought the game again for the PS2. I have a slim PS3 and no Action Replay so I am doing the rosters myself from scratch. In between making players, I play the game in practice mode to see how they handle.

I have Madden 11, but I'll be trading it in on Tuesday for Black Ops. I'm done with Madden until they either get a new development team, and by new development team, I mean a new development team, not just hiring a new Lead from within the existing group and keeping everyone else the same, or they totally redo the game from the ground up. Anything less will just yield more of the same.

I have been playing a lot of APF with NFL created players lately as well. I also have Backbreaker, but I have given up hope of a second patch, so I will probably get rid of it with Madden next week.

2013 can't get here soon enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2010, 06:24 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 6

I know this if off topic but how are you able to APF2K8 with NFL players?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »