Home

How many are still playing 2k5

This is a discussion on How many are still playing 2k5 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-12-2010, 08:33 AM   #9
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: How many are still playing 2k5

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeoncam50
Ahhh not Mr Fun N gun!! Madden ahhh jk. Thats good you are enjoying the game from time to time,doing roster is a time staking event for sure. So FSU/OU who you taking?
well believe it or not i picked FSU in my company pool... what was i thinking
Old 09-12-2010, 12:00 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 7

I'm still playing it. I bought M11 but it still doesn't hold a candle in the long run, in my opinion.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:33 PM   #11
Pro

Steelersfan85's Arena

OVR: 11

I just started college this year so I really haven't had much time to play any video games in the last few weeks but I am still playing 2k5. Roster activity has slowed but that doesn't mean the game has to die. I may even make a roster next year for the first time but that will depend on how busy I am next summer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2010, 02:55 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

I bought the last 3 Madden games and after a few months, always wound up going back to 2K5. I've been playing my copy of 2K5 since it was released and still love it.

I must say though, Madden 11 finally is a better game. I'm having just as much fun if not more in Madden 11 than in 2k5, and I'm a franchise player. It's a really good game, and the sliders are really good this year, allowing for quite a bit more variety in play styles.

The only thing I could complain about at this point is that I like rushing the passer more in 2K5 than in Madden. Yeah 2k5 had some exploits (like rushing 6 against a 3WR set, the outside blitzer always gets a clean shot at the QB), but even though I'm getting more sacks in Madden 11 than in 2K5, I'm getting far less user sacks and always feel like I have to go through 2 layers of blockers to get to the QB regardless of which pass rusher I choose or which blitz I use.

For passing, the bullet pass could be a little higher and the lob pass could be a little lower like in 2k5, but other than that it's a great system in Madden this year. Running the football is just as good in Madden as 2k5, which is the big selling point for me.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:22 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 3

Has there been released some other football game? I don't think so
Old 09-13-2010, 02:26 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovrcfntdorgamiartist
I bought the last 3 Madden games and after a few months, always wound up going back to 2K5. I've been playing my copy of 2K5 since it was released and still love it.

I must say though, Madden 11 finally is a better game. I'm having just as much fun if not more in Madden 11 than in 2k5, and I'm a franchise player. It's a really good game, and the sliders are really good this year, allowing for quite a bit more variety in play styles.

The only thing I could complain about at this point is that I like rushing the passer more in 2K5 than in Madden. Yeah 2k5 had some exploits (like rushing 6 against a 3WR set, the outside blitzer always gets a clean shot at the QB), but even though I'm getting more sacks in Madden 11 than in 2K5, I'm getting far less user sacks and always feel like I have to go through 2 layers of blockers to get to the QB regardless of which pass rusher I choose or which blitz I use.

For passing, the bullet pass could be a little higher and the lob pass could be a little lower like in 2k5, but other than that it's a great system in Madden this year. Running the football is just as good in Madden as 2k5, which is the big selling point for me.

Same here. I am having a blast playing Madden offline. But I am playing 2K5 (classic rosters only). The game is still holding up pretty damm good.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:47 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

LOL are you joking? Look I know it gets old after while playing a game that 6 years old but madden is absolute garbage. I picked up 2010 yesterday from a friend played on all madden and destroyed the comp and i suck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2010, 06:08 PM   #16
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13

20 years from now we will be still playing this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »