Home

Dan/NjS 2004 Roster Thread

This is a discussion on Dan/NjS 2004 Roster Thread within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-17-2009, 12:42 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
Dan/NjS 2004 Roster Thread

Ok, this will be the official thread where Dan and I will talk about our 2004 rosters instead of posting in the Progression Chart thread which is something totally different.

I re-did the Carolina Panthers - with starters, they're 86 offense, 94 defense, and 92 overall... with the injuries and people out like Stephen Davis, Kris Jenkins, Steve Smith, etc and Nick Goings, Casey Cramer, Keary Colbert and Co. in the lineup they're 82 offense, 91 defense, overall 89.

Not bad for a team who went 7-9 after a Super Bowl run the year before that 'could' of entered the playoffs with an 8-8 record had they beaten the Saints.. and with the starters in- minus Muhsin Muhammad and the additions like Mike Wahle, etc they're a good overall and made it to the Conference Championship where they sadly lost to the Seahawks....

Ok, so as Puja pointed out my Carolina Panthers might not be suitable for you gamers, because of "homerism" or whatever and I must concurr.. I don't see my Panthers being that bad and it is hard for me to rate them low, but since this is going to be 'my' game I will use 'my' Panthers and if anyone even decides to use these rosters, use Dan's Panthers who are... I admit a lot more accurate. But yeah, them Panthers from Carolina are complete!

Speaking of Puja, I wonder what goes through his mind when he is doing his rosters and has to design the Buffalo Bills....

Anyway, let me test them out in a game.

Last edited by NuJoiseySoulja; 01-17-2009 at 12:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2009, 03:30 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Dan/NjS 2004 Roster Thread

I agree with you about the roster being done for yourself as I do the same but mainly because im a picky pain in the *** and wants everything to be a certain way. LOL.

Anyway, im actually thinking of releasing QB Rodney Peete and adding FB Casey Cramer because he played in six games as opposed to the one game that Peete played in. I'll have to see if this affects the team ratings though.

I have Steve Smith and Kris Jenkins starting which allowed me to increase the team's offensive and defensive ratings but my setup only applies to the starters. I will explain all that once I post my roster.

As for puja, im sure he'll be happy with his 2004 Buffalo Bills in my roster with their offense at 80, defense at 95 and overall being a 90.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:34 PM   #3
Banned

Released third QB Rodney Peete in favor of adding a second FB in Casey Cramer. I had to lower RB Stephen Davis from 75 to 70 in order for the offensive rating to go back to 90 as it increased to 91 with this transaction but luckily, it was a quick five minute fix.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:53 PM   #4
Banned

Should've released safety Curtis Fuller. Stephen Davis a 70, damn.. that is worst than Madden 08 giving him a 69 rating on NextGen haha. I played with Stephen Davis and despite his 85 rating, he isn't explosive.

Off-hand, I believe I gave him this...

76 Speed
76 Agility
50 Strength
95 Break Tackle
85 Secure Ball
51 Catch
44? Run Route
72? Consistency

and I forgot the rest
Old 01-17-2009, 05:08 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuJoiseySoulja
Should've released safety Curtis Fuller. Stephen Davis a 70, damn.. that is worst than Madden 08 giving him a 69 rating on NextGen haha. I played with Stephen Davis and despite his 85 rating, he isn't explosive.

Off-hand, I believe I gave him this...

76 Speed
76 Agility
50 Strength
95 Break Tackle
85 Secure Ball
51 Catch
44? Run Route
72? Consistency

and I forgot the rest
I thought about releasing FS Curtis Fuller but he played in six games and the only other player thats not on the roster to play in more games was WR Micah Ross but he didnt do anything of value plus I needed to add Broussard/Baker for kick/punt returns and because I already had seven WR's on the roster even though I dont like going past six. Another reason I kept Fuller is because I needed a second FS behind Branch to reach the team needs setup which I try to do for every team but sadly, it doesnt always work out that way for me. As for Davis, he had 92 yards on 24 rushes for a 3.8 avg. He did better in 2005 but he was already replaced as the starting RB.

Oh well, time for work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2009, 12:53 AM   #6
Banned

A little too early to be talking about this as I am still working on Head Coaches and Coordinators in-game, but is it possible to import the 2005 Draft Class somehow?
Old 01-18-2009, 01:27 AM   #7
Banned

NOTE: This is for a 32-team controlled Franchise

Coaches
Every single staff member in the game is going to have their own attributes, but I am all giving them the number 50, because they do not mean anything and are just for show.. but for right now, as I speak all the coaches are done, sort've. However, what will need work are going to be the Offensive and Defensive Coordinators.

How Coordinators will affect the game
Drastically, a major part of the Simulation process. When the games are simming, the process takes place? How? Coordinators are controlled via 'Coaching Game Plan'.

Example Below, set-up for the 2008 Pittsburgh Steelers.

Offensive Coordinator: Bruce Arians
Offense- Run/Pass: 13
Pass- Short/Deep: 8
Run- Outside/Inside: 9

Defensive Coordinator: Dick LeBeau
Defense- Run/Pass: 12
Defense- Man/Zone: 10
Blitz: 20
Cover Short/Deep: 3

Insert these philosphies into your 32 player Franchise into the Steelers, when you sim the entire season the statistics should be accurate since this Game Plan matches the philosphy of both the OC and DC.

The Special Teams coordinator has no involvement whatsoever, so what I am going to do... when you hire this guy he will add + to the attributes to make your player a better special teams player, whether its boosting his leadership, tackle rating, etc. The STC will also affect the Kicking difficulty Slider, depending on the coordinator you pick, the easier or harder kicks will become.

Everything is still in the works, but I'll figure it out.

Any input on this Dan? (or any viewers, this can work out for you current roster users aswell..)
Old 01-18-2009, 02:31 AM   #8
Banned

Sorry bud, like I said before, I dont pay any attention to the head coach and his attributes, etc.

I do have one question though - if the player who's playing as the Steelers sets the gameplan sliders for his team but plays the games, how's the sliders going to affect anything when the player is playing the games instead of simulating?

As for Draft Classes, you can import them but every position has to even out. In other words, if the default draft class has 12 QB's, you cant have more than 12 QB's in the draft class that you want to import. On the bright side, there is a work around to this. If for example, you have 15 QB's in the draft class that you want to import, simply change three of the QB's to a position that even outs. For example, if you have 15 RB's that you want to import but there are 18 that are in the default draft class, changing those three QB's to RB's will even things out. After you import, simply switch the position of those three RB's back to QB and everything should be the way you want it.

NOTE: I do suggest testing this out before actually doing it for real because I have never tested this out but im guessing that importing a draft class works in the same way as importing a team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »