Home

New gr18 'Roster Rating' Franchise file

This is a discussion on New gr18 'Roster Rating' Franchise file within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-26-2008, 11:44 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: New gr18 'Roster Rating' Franchise file

I believe gr18 said he has bumped up both types of blocking for all TE's, FB's and the O-Line by 5 in his next update to alleviate the problem. It should come out sometime in the very near future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2008, 12:07 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZ3692
I believe gr18 said he has bumped up both types of blocking for all TE's, FB's and the O-Line by 5 in his next update to alleviate the problem. It should come out sometime in the very near future.
Okay sounds good. I wasn't sure if it was a blocking problem or what. They just were letting him through untouched. I changed the game speed settings to Normal again and it seemed to help but I don't want to have to do that if that's not the way it was meant to be played...

Btw, I have not had this much FUN playing this game since it first came out. Thanks again.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:28 PM   #67
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Some tweaks I made;

Quarterbacks have a higher Composure rating.(+10)

O-line,fullbacks,tight ends have been increased in run AND pass blocking by 5.

Receivers/Tight ends- Hold on to ball rating has been increased to upper 70's-upper 80's;

This is significant as I have found that when db's hit receivers as they're making a catch they don't drop it nearly as often.This seems to be more of a fumble animation than a non-catch.Most of your challenges are used when you're trying to dispute a fumble when the receiver clearly didn't have possession.

Linebackers coverage rating has been dropped.(-10)This makes short passes a little more efficient.

Still on hold w/ receiver aggression.If this is moved to 99,I would move cornerbacks down to at least 50.Not lowering the safety positions though.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:55 PM   #68
Pro

OVR: 7

Hey gr18, love the rosters with sliders. Probably the best videogame football experience I've ever had. Could you please list all the mandatory attribute settings you put onto players to have better gameplay? I would like to apply them to incoming rookie classes

Example : I noticed the maximum catch for all the secondary players are 25.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:09 PM   #69
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

OVR: 20

for the record i wanted the defense more aggressive than the offence... (127/64) thats what i intended, if you throw the ball and make the right reads your receiver will catch it .. i dont reccomend giving the offence the advantage.. you want the QB to be pressured , thats awesome that Williams could get pressure on QB

I have alot of rookies rated low such as CBS, WRS ... there catch is about 75 on avg.. you have to have balance dont make the offence dominate.. Just my 2 cents but since you are using my roster i feel I have the right to critique it. I have spent alot of time making changes on my next roster which will be set up so the defence plays hard.. it will be released by end of week.

FNG
Old 08-27-2008, 11:36 PM   #70
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

just played cowboys vs Jets, and i must say i love the fact you have 3 sec to make your reads.... romo sacked 4 x .. i had to make adjustments to get rid of ball.... jets run pass ratio was 18 runs 24 pass on 8 min qtrs...<<< not using GR18s franchise but exhibition roster on my thread...I still dont see why you need to make adjustment to te and fb blocking
Old 08-28-2008, 06:19 PM   #71
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

The changes aren't intended to help human but instead should boost the computer offense.I wouldn't expect to hold teams like the Colts,Patriots and Cowboys to low scores very often.Actually there are many better offensive than defensive teams.

Keep in mind that most of us play w/ maxed out offensive sliders for the computer.If you're too good offensively you can always;

Adjust human blocking slider lower

Adjust human passing slider lower and/or computer coverage higher

Adjust human running lower and/or computer tackling higher
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2008, 09:34 PM   #72
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

i play with zero sliders on fast,,, Rickster had success with this and so have I
FNG

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »