Home

New gr18 'Roster Rating' Franchise file

This is a discussion on New gr18 'Roster Rating' Franchise file within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-24-2008, 06:55 PM   #57
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: New gr18 'Roster Rating' Franchise file

Been working on tweaking a few things;

such as many more pbp names

,rookies added

,slight ratings upgrade for many players

gameplay testing in different ratings categories

One thing I have found is that the 127 aggression rating for receivers seems to affect their route running and precision in a negative way.I lowered only the receivers to 99 and saw the computer having a more consistent and effective passing game.All other aggression ratings have stayed intact.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:56 PM   #58
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

OVR: 20

what PBP names have you added? since your updating PUJAS & FUNNGUNS ROSTER
you should share some of the changes you have made... im curious to see ?
Old 08-25-2008, 12:04 AM   #59
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

alos keep in mind the Puja BAse roster and MY updates and aggression & Run PAss ratios is designed more to keep the defence play better... anybody can play offense ... if you make the receivers better than the CBS it wont have good balance... On all my sims i have seen low scoring games with balance run & pass.... be careful with PBPS as you can mess up and get the 560 error on editor.

FNG
Old 08-25-2008, 06:34 AM   #60
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

FUN- I know some of the PBP names are due to the changes (where you can lose the PBP). I had a guy email me about some obvious ones and after checking, he was right. It was names like Jones, etc. No big deal.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:03 PM   #61
MVP

easy way to keep PBP perfect for everyone despite any transactions, jersey # changes, etc that screw it up:

1) keep a copy of the tiny exported data file from your original roster (unedited)...
^this is acquired from the editor under "tools", "backup & restore", "export player data"

2) using this tiny file, you can use the restore tool, selecting PBP only as the information to restore... and the tool will instantly/automatically restore all PBP to whatever name you had set for every player in the rosters who have both a matching first/last name & college

you can do this in about 7 seconds
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2008, 04:59 PM   #62
MVP

gr18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
easy way to keep PBP perfect for everyone despite any transactions, jersey # changes, etc that screw it up:

1) keep a copy of the tiny exported data file from your original roster (unedited)...
^this is acquired from the editor under "tools", "backup & restore", "export player data"

2) using this tiny file, you can use the restore tool, selecting PBP only as the information to restore... and the tool will instantly/automatically restore all PBP to whatever name you had set for every player in the rosters who have both a matching first/last name & college

you can do this in about 7 seconds
Thanks,very helpful.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:02 PM   #63
MVP

gr18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunNgun034
what PBP names have you added? since your updating PUJAS & FUNNGUNS ROSTER
you should share some of the changes you have made... im curious to see ?
Just went down each teams roster and added any last names that I could.Not many soundalikes though because I didn't find many that wouldn't be very noticeably different.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:12 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thank you so much for the files. I'm new to the whole updated roster stuff so I have been playing with the same damn rosters since the game came out. I have always loved the game and now it is even better.

I have one question or problem:

I play with the Texans and Mario Williams is my Left DE. I don't know what the deal is but the computer O-Line lets him right through for an easy sack wayyyy to often. Mario is not rated abnormally high or anything, I was wondering if there was a way to correct this issue. (I use the game settings and slider settings that you have posted).

Also, Duane Brown is the Left Tackle, not a Guard.

Thanks Again. Your work is greatly appreciated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »