Home

New gr18 'Roster Rating' Franchise file

This is a discussion on New gr18 'Roster Rating' Franchise file within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-03-2008, 07:23 PM   #97
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: New gr18 'Roster Rating' Franchise file

Great Job, GR18!!! I am playing with the G-Men. Nice rosters and franchise. I like the fact that you have OSI out, this will make my Super Bowl run well earned. Again, great job.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:42 PM   #98
Pro

TSOLEliot's Arena

OVR: 12

Nice work....this is what I've been waiting for...Very accurate with the depth charts...

Thank you....

NFL- Eagles
NHL- Flyers
NCAA- Fresno State
Old 09-03-2008, 11:26 PM   #99
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
As a note,the depth charts should be pretty accurate with the exception of nickle and dime backs.That's the one thing I forgot to check before posting.If you go to the teams depth charts and place the proper,or highest rated,backup cornerback at the backup left cornerback position they become the nickel and the backup right the dime.
youve actually got some things backwards regarding in-game depth:

--the RCB is the #1 CB in 2K5

^meaning this is the CB who will be on the field if there is only one in the formation

--LWR is #1 WR, not RWR
^same thing; if it's a 1 WR formation LWR is the one out there... also, LWR matches up against RCB so it makes sense for them to be the number ones on the depth chart

--LWR2 is the 3rd WR, not RWR2
^and naturally RWR2 is WR4 & LWR3 is WR5

the nickel back is where it gets a little tricky... although common sense would say that the backup RCB (#1 CB's backup) should be the nickel back, it's actually random based on the playbook... ie some team PBs have the backup RCB as nickel & for other playbooks it's the backup LCB who is the nickel. The only way to know is to open all 32 books in manual substitutions & check the nickel formation to see one-by-one. I will post which it is for all 32 teams later in my thread

the dime back actually isnt a corner at all in this game but is rather the backup FS for some reason

Last edited by puja21; 09-03-2008 at 11:30 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:32 AM   #100
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
youve actually got some things backwards regarding in-game depth:

--the RCB is the #1 CB in 2K5
^meaning this is the CB who will be on the field if there is only one in the formation

--LWR is #1 WR, not RWR
^same thing; if it's a 1 WR formation LWR is the one out there... also, LWR matches up against RCB so it makes sense for them to be the number ones on the depth chart

--LWR2 is the 3rd WR, not RWR2
^and naturally RWR2 is WR4 & LWR3 is WR5

the nickel back is where it gets a little tricky... although common sense would say that the backup RCB (#1 CB's backup) should be the nickel back, it's actually random based on the playbook... ie some team PBs have the backup RCB as nickel & for other playbooks it's the backup LCB who is the nickel. The only way to know is to open all 32 books in manual substitutions & check the nickel formation to see one-by-one. I will post which it is for all 32 teams later in my thread

the dime back actually isnt a corner at all in this game but is rather the backup FS for some reason
With the receivers, I positioned them by a depth chart I was looking at.Probably,in retrospect,game logic should be looked at rather than the actual depth chart.

For some reason,when I placed who I wanted at nickel in the backup left slot and checked the playbook they ended up as that.It may have been a coincidence.

Thanks for the info.I think alot of people have gotten a little confused with the games depth chart but should more at the substitutions in the playbook.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:24 PM   #101
MVP

OVR: 20

^actually not a coincidence apparently

in hindsight, it looks like the part i wrote about the nickel & dime wasn't correct. i think i came to that conclusion from a roster in which i had messed up the playbook depth by saving manual substitutions (never a good idea in 2K5)

it appears nickel is LCB2 like you said (at least for the first 8 teams alphabetically), with the dime being RCB2. It's the prevent (not dime) which utilizes all 4 safeties rather than the #4CB.

sorry for the confusion (the rest is accurate regarding starting WR & CB)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2008, 06:13 PM   #102
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
^actually not a coincidence apparently

in hindsight, it looks like the part i wrote about the nickel & dime wasn't correct. i think i came to that conclusion from a roster in which i had messed up the playbook depth by saving manual substitutions (never a good idea in 2K5)

it appears nickel is LCB2 like you said (at least for the first 8 teams alphabetically), with the dime being RCB2. It's the prevent (not dime) which utilizes all 4 safeties rather than the #4CB.

sorry for the confusion (the rest is accurate regarding starting WR & CB)
I checked the depth charts on kffl.com and the majority of the time,except for I believe Ronde Barber,Asomugha,and Antonio Cromartie,the teams better cb is the left cb.You do have to make the right corner the #1 for matchup purposes in 2k5 though.

As far as receivers go,the better is almost but not always the left;

Buf-Evans Dallas-T.O.
Mia-Hagan NYG-Burress
NE-Moss Phila-Curtis*(Jackson)
Jets-Coles Wash-Moss

Balt-Clayton Chic-Davis
Cinn-Chad Det-Johnson
Pitt-Holmes GB-Jennings
Cleve-Edwards Minn-Rice

Hou-Johnson Atl-White
Indy-Wayne Car-Smith*(Muhammed)
Jax-Porter No-Colston
Tenn-McCareins TB-Galloway

Den-Marshall *(Jackson ) Ariz-Bolden
KC-Darling St.L-Holt
Oak-Walker Sea-Branch*(Burleson)
SD-Chambers SF-Johnson

Last edited by gr18; 09-04-2008 at 10:25 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:24 PM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
As a note,the depth charts should be fairly accurate right now with the exception of nickle and dime backs.That's the one thing I forgot to check before posting.If you go to the teams depth chart and place the proper,or highest rated,backup cornerback in the backup left cornerback spot they become the nickel and the second highest in the right cornerback becomes the dime.
You attached two files, can you explain what each zip is? I only want the rosters themselves but would like to know what the other is for.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:20 PM   #104
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker412
You attached two files, can you explain what each zip is? I only want the rosters themselves but would like to know what the other is for.
The other is a franchise file so you can play in franchise mode with 2008 schedules and what not. Hope that helps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »