Home

New gr18 'Roster Rating' Franchise file

This is a discussion on New gr18 'Roster Rating' Franchise file within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-13-2008, 02:01 AM   #17
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: New gr18 'Roster Rating' Franchise file

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
WHO????????????????????????
You'll never want to smack a commercial babe more.... (wait forrr itttt)

Trivia: I think this chick had a small part in a "King Of Queens" episode where Doug & Carey were put out of their house for bed bug treatment and the met a swinging couple at a pub......she was the wife in that couple.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:03 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler34
Very nice work man. No offense to the other roster makers posting here, but these seem to be the most balanced ones I've played so far for the 2008 season.

However, I'd request that you release the roster file too if able. I like to work with rosters on my own and Franchise files make that kind of hard to do.

Also, a couple of minor notes for Seattle, should you choose to do an update:
-OG Chris Gray, DT Marcus Tubbs, and SS Mike Green no longer with team

-Also, if you feel like it:
-replace FB David Kirtman with FB Owen Schmitt
-WR Logan Payne is white (wrong skin color)
-add in TE Will Heller
-change OT Steve Vallos to Center
-release DT Larry Tripplett and DE Chris Cooper for DT Red Bryant and DT Craig Terrill
-replace CB Omare Lowe with CB Kevin Hobbs
-move FS Babineaux to either SS or CB
-replace K Olindo Mare with K Brandon Coutu

Of course, the final 53-man rosters remain to be seen, so this is all speculatory, but those are the moves I would do to make that team as accurate as possible, in my opinion. I'd also plead that Lofa Tatupu should be rated higher than 87 - he was all-pro last year and a 3x pro-bowler in 3 years in the NFL; Pro-Football weekly and Madden both have him rated as the 2nd best ILB in the NFL, yet he is about the 10th highest rated in this set of rosters. Other than him, I have no major gripes about ratings, which is saying something considering most teams have 2 running backs rated higher than Seattle's top two. Still very good nonetheless, I'll look forward to any updates - I think this set might be the one I use for my 07-08 franchise, and probably as my permanent 07-08 roster file if you do release it.
I want to add +1 to this. Also, ILB David Hawthorn is probably going to also make the team. Don't know how we'd swing all that but yeah.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:08 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 15

Go here -

http://www.localsports.ca/nfl_rosters/index.html

Site is very good and updated every morning.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:38 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Go here -

http://www.localsports.ca/nfl_rosters/index.html

Site is very good and updated every morning.
I don't want to sound like a nitpicker but
1. It wasn't updated this morning.
2. It has many errors.

Still should be helpful though. Especially since some teams don't even post a depth chart until after training camp.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:18 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards77
I want to add +1 to this. Also, ILB David Hawthorn is probably going to also make the team. Don't know how we'd swing all that but yeah.
LOL, I actually had that in there too but I deleted it because I didn't want my list to seem too long. The thing about Hawthorne is that if he does make the team, it will probably be at another linebacker's exspense. If Will Herring is still unhealthy in a couple weeks, they'll either have to release him with an injury settlement or put him on IR since he's ineligble for the PUP list. I think Hawthorne will at least make practice squad, but if he has another game like the one against Minnesota, its hard to see them not keeping him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards77
I don't want to sound like a nitpicker but
1. It wasn't updated this morning.
2. It has many errors.

Still should be helpful though. Especially since some teams don't even post a depth chart until after training camp.
Yeah its useful for a lot of teams, but I think Seattle is one of the exceptions. For NFC West teams, I'd highly recommend Mike Sando's blog on ESPN.com. He did roster analysises for each team a little while back, sorting players into "locks", "looking safe", "on the bubble" and "also", with a number at the top for the average number of players the team has kept on the final roster at that position under the current head coach.

Last edited by Mauler34; 08-13-2008 at 07:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 08:19 PM   #22
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZ3692
Gr18, what sliders and settings do you recommend I should play these on?
Definitely the fast game speed setting;

I hate to give sliders based on the fact everybody plays differently and some prefer to forsake offense for a defensive struggle but....

I would start at these sliders and then adjust by 4 at a time in categories you think are going too good or bad;human 1st then computer

Blocking 32/40 (I don't think there should be more than 2-3 sacks per team on average)

Passing 24/40 (human may be a little high but it's a good starting point)

Running 24/40 (move it up to 28 if you aren't getting at least 4 yards per carry,especially with the Jags)

Catching 40/40(this is a 2k5 standard)

Coverage 4/24(I'd tweak these by 4 before tweaking Passing if needed)

Pursuit 4/4(it's been found that the game plays better with these low)

Tackling 8/8(some people would put human lower but this gives you a chance against powerful backs)

kicking 16/24(adjust computer up a little if any)

fatigue 4/4 ( more subbing)

Injury- 20

Fumble- 28

Int.- 0
Old 08-13-2008, 09:53 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 6

Just wanted to say nice job with the rosters..I have been using these as my "pre-season" rosters till I get back in the swing of the game! Aesome work on the rookies and most ratings that I looked at.

One thing on my Browns is that they released Gary Baxter..but no biggie.

Good Work, Thanks!
Old 08-14-2008, 01:34 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 20

this file is excellent

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »