Home

Free way to get updated rosters to XBOX 360

This is a discussion on Free way to get updated rosters to XBOX 360 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-17-2008, 05:08 PM   #97
Pro

OVR: 36
Re: Free way to get updated rosters to XBOX 360

Alright guys, i really wanted to get the roster files for a buncha my games onto my 360 jus lik nyone else here. Now, i'm going to call MS and hope for dude #2 and will keep calling until then and ask for the HDD cable. Now, can someone post a step by step tutorial on how to exactly use the cable once you get windows (im on XP) to recognize the device and be able to transfer files into Xplorer 360. This would be extremely helpful along with how to put files into xplorer 360 after i get windows to recognize the device.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:11 PM   #98
Rookie

SnakeEyez's Arena

OVR: 6

Ok, well.. I got excited like most people when I saw this thread and wanted to try it.

Borrowed my friend's migration cable, downloaded various software...

And I'm stuck where DCAllAmerican has been stuck... the "No FATX drive" error.

DC, it's funny because I've been researching this the past few days looking for solutions and I've seen your name scattered across the internet in different forums trying to get a fix.. lol.. man, I feel your pain.

I've tried both XP and Vista, different USB ports on the PCs, different software... etc and I can't get the PCs to recognize the connected 360 HD.

Device Manager recognizes the Migration cable as an "ATA/ATAPI Bridge" (or "USB Mass Storage Device") The HD itself usually shows up as a generic "USB Device" listed under disk drives... it often gives me error messages in device manager stating the device "cannot start" too. This hasn't happened every time I've tried, but enough to be frustrating.

I cannot boot or reboot the system with the device attached, it hangs up the system... but if I remove the cord (and HD) while it hangs it will resume and load normally. So it doesn't seem to know what to do with the connected device.

Both Xplorer and Xport software don't see the device either.

I don't know what driver(s) were loaded upon installation (when it was connected) for you guys that got it to work, but maybe that's the key. Unfortunately, there's not much information around on that detail so I don't really know?

Either way, I consider myself above average in the computer literacy dept. so I'm not sure if I would recommend quite yet to people... the success rate doesn't seem very good imo.

Last edited by SnakeEyez; 06-17-2008 at 06:13 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:12 PM   #99
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

just an FYI, I got my Xport for 29.96 (that includes shipping)from overstockdealz.com
Old 06-17-2008, 06:28 PM   #100
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Would love to be able to get this game with the updated rosters. This may be a stupid question but if your pc and your xbox360 are both connected through a wireless network do you need to have any kind of cable or connector to get these files? or can you just transfer the info through the network?
Old 06-17-2008, 06:31 PM   #101
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
Would love to be able to get this game with the updated rosters. This may be a stupid question but if your pc and your xbox360 are both connected through a wireless network do you need to have any kind of cable or connector to get these files? or can you just transfer the info through the network?
Wont work, you need to get at the internal workings of the 360 hard-drive. A network connection wont do this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2008, 01:17 PM   #102
Rookie

OVR: 8

UPDATE:

I now appear to have my (newer) 120 GB HDD working 100% of the time with the cable. I am using a Vista Ultimate - SP1 laptop. I have device manager open while doing this to see what usb devices are installing/ed. I have also had this work on my friend's XP - SP2 PC

I plugged the cable only in and waited for two drivers to completely install: in usb devices - a mass storage device; and disk drives a usb device. I then (safely) removed the cable, plugged in my hdd to the cable, and replugged this into my pc. This then updated the disk drive part and showed up as a fujitsu drive. Safely remove the cable and restarted my pc.

Plug in the cable (with the hdd already attached) and then start xoprt 1.07, or xplorer 360 - both pick up my 120 GB fine. http://us.codejunkies.com/support/su...aspx?prodID=32

My HDD will only be accessible from a usb 2.0 port, not a version 1 in xport 1.07, it will show up in both, but then hang the program if you are using a usb 1

My original hdd (a 20gb bought with my pro console in August 2006) does not appear correctly when using these steps though - leading me to believe there is an issue with older drives, and not the cable. I have tried reformatting my 20gb, but have not had success*.

* except for one time, posted earlier in this thread, which I have been unable to replicate.

Anyway - now I'm going to sell my 20GB and xport, so will end up paying virtually nothing for my 120 and cable - if anyone wants to buy my xport (and memory card for the original xbox) pm me here before I put them on ebay.

Last edited by NZ Buccaneer; 06-20-2008 at 01:31 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:34 PM   #103
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

I was just thinking that you guys might want to check in your BIOS and make sure your HDD detection is set on Auto. The 360 HDD is shown as a SATA drive in BIOS. If you don't have AUTO enabled, it may not detect the drive and that is why you have problems. My BIOS has always been set to AUTO detect and may be why I've never had an issue with it showing up.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:39 PM   #104
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls23
I was just thinking that you guys might want to check in your BIOS and make sure your HDD detection is set on Auto. The 360 HDD is shown as a SATA drive in BIOS. If you don't have AUTO enabled, it may not detect the drive and that is why you have problems. My BIOS has always been set to AUTO detect and may be why I've never had an issue with it showing up.
I'll check that soon - and let you know if this was causing me problems

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »