Home

PUJA21 File Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on PUJA21 File Discussion Thread within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-29-2007, 07:22 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: PUJA21 File Discussion Thread

dont open the zip file-- you need to drag the entire compressed zip into your AR
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2007, 07:31 PM   #42
MVP

slapnutz2k2's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by goopaluchie
6- I take the card out take it upstairs and turn on my game with the memory card in the controller.
7- When I go through the options as I am scrolling through with the joystick under the load section.
8- I hit load roster.
When you hit load roster, are you trying to load the roster from the hard drive section or the memory card part??

I usually load to roster to the hard drive first then load it in game.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:44 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperVictoria
Puja, are you still planning on releasing an '07 franchise?

Either way, thanks for keeping football gaming alive for myself (as well as countless others).
yup definitely am. i am working to make many contracts as close to life as possible, with the worst case for an adjusted contract being one that is at least the correct remaining length (because often times player wants don't allow anything more accurate). I am currently up to 600+ "close to life" contracts. Included in that list adjusted so far are ALL ~360 or so active rookies, anyone who was new to their team in 07, most new high-profile deals (Romo etc) & the highest rated players. At this point I'm just trying to get any remaining 90+ rated players in on this process. It is getting "a little" dicey as cap penalties pile up b/c anytime you re-negotiate an existing deal, the previous penalty amt gets applied as well as the new contract. It should be okay without raising the cap; with the exception of Chicago & Arizona, every team has min of $3.5M in available space & no team has more than $24M & change in space.

lengthy background from early November if anyone is curious:
Quote:
In replicating any deals that were signed pre-2007, I am pro-rating the contract up through today. Example: Champ Bailey signed a 7y 63M dollar deal the year the game came out w/ 23M guaranteed. So to pro-rate that down to current levels, I examined the final 4 years of an ascending in-game 7y 63m contract & found that 43.7M remains on such a deal in that structure (Bailey's deal was backloaded of course like 80% of NFL deals & this is easier than trying to match the actual annual values for each remaining season on a player's deal). Anyway, i took this knowledge into my franchise for 2007 & signed Champ to an ascending 4-year deal totalling 43.7 with 4/7 of his guaranteed cash remaining in the form of bonus (13.1M spread out over 4 years).

If a players' contract isn't likely to come completely to fruition over the life of the deal (Clements, McGahee, etc), then I'm going by what the newswire says the deal will "likely" value out at. For example, McGahee technically got a 7y 40.12M contract w/ 15M in guarantees & a 7.5M bonus. However, the deal isessentially 4y 20.4M with options for 2012 & 2013. So, in the game I went with the latter instead of the 40M. For bonus in Willis' case I chose 40% to closely match his signing bonus, but another option would have been 70% to replicate the guaranteed amount instead. It just seemed too ridiculous to give him a 14.28M penalty, however, so I decided to replicate the signing bonus in that case (8.16M penalty).

The game low-balls the wants for elite-rated veterans like the two examples above, so they are easier to get accurate w/ real-life. This is probably because the cap was ~80.5M in 2004 (almost 30M lower than today) so their desires are based in that world no matter what we raise the cap to. Unfortunately, the gap between real life value & in game OVR rating makes most 1-year/vet min type deals cost about double what they would in reality; eg 1.5-2M as opposed to 600K-1M in real life. I'm checking the math on it now but it doesn't look like it will be an issue. If it is a problem for whatever reason, then I will probably raise the cap by a small factor calculated from the percentage of league min players in the file (wrap your brain around that lol). I seriously doubt this will be necessary though, so I expect the cap will be set @ the real-life 2007 value of 109M. (Either way, I'm not doing real-life contracts for the majority of players, so most guys will have their deals determined by the game, which does so from OVR rating). It's looking like it should work out well & hopefully both types should mesh quite nicely.

I'm trying to get all 1-year deals signed in the offseason to match that length in-game, so free agency can better match up w/ reality. Occasionally there are some guys w/ 1-year deals in the game, but they have signed real life extensions in real life... & i can't extend them because their desires so heavily outweigh their real-life contract extensions that it will mess up the cap space situation (doesn't happen often fortunately). This is esp true for kickers & punter in my file b/c their ratings are generally 75 or above in my file for everyone to help gameplay... & b/c the game overpays those positions compared to reality. For example, last year Neil Rackers signed a 4y 6.4M dollar extension in real life... however, if i were to try & pro-rate that down to 3 years in the game & extend him from his 1y in-game deal, it wouldn't work b/c his salary wants are in the 3.7M-4M annually. So, for now I have to leave guys like him with their game-generated 1-year deals until I'm certain I have enough space to extend in accordance w/ their wants.

Last edited by puja21; 11-29-2007 at 08:18 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:53 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapnutz2k2
When you hit load roster, are you trying to load the roster from the hard drive section or the memory card part??

I usually load to roster to the hard drive first then load it in game.
I just did what both of you said and nothing worked. I didn't open the roster file. I only copied it to my desktop then I dragged it over to the left colum of the AR and watched it download.

Next I took it upstairs and transfered the roster to my hard drive and removed my memory card. Booted up the game and loaded roster's. And just like before there are no new roster's, player movement or nothing. They are the same roster as before. So I don't know what is going on?
Old 11-29-2007, 08:19 PM   #45
MVP

slapnutz2k2's Arena

OVR: 10

You keep saying loaded rosters or hit load rosters.

Not near my xbox at the moment but make sure you select which rosters to load. Just move to the roster that puja named. You might be picking VC's last update by mistake.

If that's not it, then I'm not sure what you are doing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2007, 09:06 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapnutz2k2
You keep saying loaded rosters or hit load rosters.

Not near my xbox at the moment but make sure you select which rosters to load. Just move to the roster that puja named. You might be picking VC's last update by mistake.

If that's not it, then I'm not sure what you are doing.
Thanks for trying. I do not have on-line with my old xbox, so I never went into that section.

However when ever I try to load puja roster EITHER from my hard drive ( as someone has suggested ) or from th AR memory card. It all has the same result. The name says puja's roster. But the player's are not there. The roster never changed from when the game came out. That what I mean.

Maybe I have to uninstall the AR and reload the damn thing. I bought everything so I can play this game and nothing seems to work? Maybe there is something in my computer settings that is preventing me to download his roster I don't know?
Old 11-30-2007, 07:40 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by goopaluchie
Thanks for trying. I do not have on-line with my old xbox, so I never went into that section.

However when ever I try to load puja roster EITHER from my hard drive ( as someone has suggested ) or from th AR memory card. It all has the same result. The name says puja's roster. But the player's are not there. The roster never changed from when the game came out. That what I mean.

Maybe I have to uninstall the AR and reload the damn thing. I bought everything so I can play this game and nothing seems to work? Maybe there is something in my computer settings that is preventing me to download his roster I don't know?
Make sure the roster files do not say "Damaged" when you view the filenames after selecting LOAD. If they are not damaged and you are in fact selecting the correct files to load, then I believe you have us all stumped.

Redo the entire process from step 1 again - download puja's files from here and start fresh again.

C
Old 11-30-2007, 12:38 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Make sure the roster files do not say "Damaged" when you view the filenames after selecting LOAD. If they are not damaged and you are in fact selecting the correct files to load, then I believe you have us all stumped.

Redo the entire process from step 1 again - download puja's files from here and start fresh again.

C
Both roster files were always correct. They never said damaged. I just uninstalled the AR and reloaded it back up. I did the user settings. Do I have to do the other settings for code junkies, and the other site and fill out all their paper work under their options, for my AR to work properly? Maybe that is why it may not be working? I will wait for an answer. Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »