Home

PUJA21 File Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on PUJA21 File Discussion Thread within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-20-2007, 05:55 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: PUJA21 File Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderland
Thanks puja. Think it would be possible to release one with IR people still on their teams? Or was that how it was gonna be only for the Franchise file?
i thought about doing this for Sunday night... but IMHO it didnt make a lot of sense. first of all it's a several hr process but more important, roughly 80%-90% of those transactions since the last releases had been signings to replace those very players who are on IR. So, I would really just be creating dozens of scrub-caliber players for the free agent wire. Since these would only be useful to anyone in a franchise mode which I'm working on anyway it didn't seem like a good use of my time.

When i get home this wknd, i'm going to do some more experimenting w/ finn's restore ratings feature... assuming it's as solid as all his other new tools, i'll probably update the ratings only for that healthy roster via the tool (once i'm satisfied with them). Then I'll post that file with the small # of trans that were not obvious IR-related signings: moves like the Chris Chambers trade, return of Priest & Ricky, etc

The franchise file will ideally include virtually all players who've been signed during the season (even the Mike Kracalik-types who were cut after a few days). This is much easier because the size of the free agent pool is much more flexible in franchise-- you can add more players each year by signing & releaseing any free agents before the offseason, staving off their deletion by the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2007, 11:21 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 5

How about this for a franchise file. Basically, just make the perfect roster for Week 1 of the season. IR people still in place, no replacements or anything. Basically the ideal roster of the team in question that they would have, because that's where the Franchise will start and it seems to make the most sense to have that as the starting point. Also, it'll make it easier to not have to track the transactions and replacements and so on. Just a straight up Week 1 roster for Franchise from where everything will continue. That's what I've been hoping for from a Franchise file, I hope it can be done.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:15 AM   #27
MVP

^^actually, that's always been the plan & what ive been working on for the past month...

in the last post, i was talking about having all the recently signed players in free agency.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:17 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 15

puja21.....

Just so you know, Chiefs RB Priest Holmes officially announced his retirement earlier today at a press conference.

I'm still shocked that he even came back considering the neck injury that he suffered in 2005.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:13 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 5

That's awesome puja! Now I really can't wait for the save. I've been going on 15 years now with my Jets franchise that was using updated rosters but not a franchise save file. Been a hell of a run with some memorable story lines but I'm ready to move on.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:13 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 6

Hey Puja, hope you have a great Thanksgiving!
Old 11-28-2007, 12:59 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

PUJA, I've converted your November 17th roster to a 360 format. I just wanted you to know, I gave you full credit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2007, 01:17 AM   #32
MVP

thanks for the heads up-- you can do the same for any files i post

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »