Home

NFL 2k5 History: 1983 in progress video

This is a discussion on NFL 2k5 History: 1983 in progress video within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-26-2007, 01:55 AM   #1
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
NFL 2k5 History: 1983 in progress video

I was bored, so I thought I'd whip up a little preview of the fun I've been having with editing. None of this video/rosters actually use the new History program. This is from the few teams I have edited so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSyZSNruKKQ
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2007, 02:18 AM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NFL 2k5 History: 1983 in progress video

Very nice! This is along the line of what some guys do for MVP 2005 baseball and making Total Classics rosters for a given year. Makes one think......
Old 07-26-2007, 08:24 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

Kudos!!

If that NFLhistory program ever gets integrated with Finn's editor, imagine all the years we can 'replay". And imagine playing a year like 1956...with the old, slug it out in the trenches run the ball down your throat teams.

Lots of possibilities here. Great start with the 83 work!

C
Old 07-26-2007, 03:16 PM   #4
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

Kind of an interesting note on the History program. You can get it to do a single team at a time. I wanted to do this to redo the attributes to my liking and check colleges, etc and I wanted to add the team to the roster I'd already started.

You go through the normal process of creating the team data file, but instead of leaving all the teams in the box, delete all but the one you want to copy AND the first line (with the attributes listed). Set the roster you want changed to the team before your team (for example- to change the Chargers, I set it to the Cardinals). For some reason it skips to the next team and begins writing. It fills out the single team normally.

Now I don't have to start all over.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:14 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

^nice contribution

this is really good to know going forward
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2007, 09:10 AM   #6
Banned

Is there anyway to create a single team using the method described here, edit and save it as a single Historic Team? That would be awesome! Right now, I think all we can do is create seasons. I'd love to be able to create single teams using this tool. Looks like it is almost there.

I think if there was a way to save the team as an team file (with .2K5 extension) from a full roster set, then it could be imported to overwrite another historic file you could load up in Finn's editor. You can export teams now, but not sure how you get it to create a team file with the .2K5 extension.

So, if I wanted to create the 73 Bills, for example, I would use the method described in this thread to create the single 73 Bills in a full roster set. Then I would Export that Bills file as a .2K5 file. Close the editor and then re-open. I'd then read in another Bills historic file (say the 1990 Bills). I'd import the previously saved 73 Bills file to overwrite it and that should be it! Granted, some editing would need to take place if the number of players did not add up, etc.

We're getting closer I think...

C
Old 08-05-2007, 12:00 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Is there anyway to create a single team using the method described here, edit and save it as a single Historic Team? That would be awesome! Right now, I think all we can do is create seasons. I'd love to be able to create single teams using this tool. Looks like it is almost there
C, why not just export the auto-generated team (73 Bills in your example) by using the in-game export tool from franchise mode? i.e. after creating the team by running the program, just start a franchise w/ the human-controlled team as the bills, then go to options & export team. it won't be a "historic" team per say because it won't have a year associated with it like the in-game historic teams, but it will be a team file that you can load up.

i'm just thinking if you finn-import a .2k5 file on to a genuine historic team, it might cause the same corruption/freezing you've been running into on occasion w/ your historic editing.

btw i assume i'm misunderstanding the following?
Quote:
I think if there was a way to save the team as an team file (with .2K5 extension) from a full roster set, then it could be imported to overwrite another historic file you could load up in Finn's editor. You can export teams now, but not sure how you get it to create a team file with the .2K5 extension.
^b/c certainly you know this is just achieved via finn's export tool in the editor; load up the roster in the editor, right-click on team name (bills per example), & export... this saves the file on your computer as a ".2k5team" filetype (instead of a zip for AR). then you can re-import it elsewhere (how i created the great teams file). i'm pretty sure you've already been doing this though, right?
Old 08-05-2007, 12:23 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
C, why not just export the auto-generated team (73 Bills in your example) by using the in-game export tool from franchise mode? i.e. after creating the team by running the program, just start a franchise w/ the human-controlled team as the bills, then go to options & export team. it won't be a "historic" team per say because it won't have a year associated with it like the in-game historic teams, but it will be a team file that you can load up.

i'm just thinking if you finn-import a .2k5 file on to a genuine historic team, it might cause the same corruption/freezing you've been running into on occasion w/ your historic editing.

btw i assume i'm misunderstanding the following?
^b/c certainly you know this is just achieved via finn's export tool in the editor; load up the roster in the editor, right-click on team name (bills per example), & export... this saves the file on your computer as a ".2k5team" filetype (instead of a zip for AR). then you can re-import it elsewhere (how i created the great teams file). i'm pretty sure you've already been doing this though, right?
Puja,

Yeah, I was trying to find a method where I didn't have to fire up the game all the time and go back and forth with the AR. I am just being lazy!!

Yeah, I had a brain freeze..I forgot about the right click method in Finn's editor to save as a .2K5. I have been out of the loop on this stuff for too long.

You are right...re-importing anything into a historic team file causes freezes. I'll have to use the in game editor. If I use the method in your first paragraph, I can save that exported file to AR and load it up (single team) into Finn's editor and change the year of the team, etc, then resave? Or since it is not a historic file, per se, as saved in the game, Finn's editor won't read it back in?

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »