Home

NFL 2k5 History: 1983 in progress video

This is a discussion on NFL 2k5 History: 1983 in progress video within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-06-2007, 02:25 PM   #17
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NFL 2k5 History: 1983 in progress video

Obviously, I'm the one currently working on the '83 season (started the thread), but I see rating somewhat differently. While I absolutely understand basing ratings off of statistics, I also take into account the team as a whole. I created the 83 Bucs, who went 2-14 that year, and played them against the others I have created so far and they have been winning games too often (based on simming). They had a good defense and "ok" running game ans somehow this is taking down the titans of the year, the redskins and raiders. I have since gone back a number of times and tweaked ratings to try to bring them back into scope and having done that I've messed up what I was going to use as a INT system as well as some other stuff. I anticipate complaints when and if I release my roster because some guy with 7 INTs in only going to be slightly better than some other guy with 3 or 4 here and there. While I make sure most of my starters (which are also screwed up in the history program doc) are rated higher than those below them, I am guessing James Wilder's rating being higher than one of the other backs with more yards that year will irk some people- but I'll try not to let it bother me

On that note- I agree that the ratings in the history program are messed up a bit, but I've used it for what it is- a tool- to created my last 3 or 4 teams and it has cut my time in half.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:53 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
I anticipate complaints when and if I release my roster
You will get complaints no matter what-- be it a perfect file or literally unplayable. Ignore them & know that most who aren't posting comments are very appreciative, understanding & happy with your contribution!
Old 08-06-2007, 04:18 PM   #19
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13

props and thanks to all who put the time the effort for all of us to enjoy this great game.No complaints from my part at all,this stuff is awesome what you guys put out,once again thank you and keep doing what you love,season after season.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:11 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 21

Dolphin,

If you knew what I did to some of the ratings to the guys in most of my history files, you wouldn't feel so bad! I've taken it on the chin by more than a few, but screw it. Do what pleases you and what you think it is right. It's the only way to fly.

C
Old 08-06-2007, 08:57 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 9

I'm glad to hear that you are working on the file. I wasn't sure if you had planned on finishing the entire season or just made certain teams for the video. I'll be happy to see the final product, no matter what ratings decisions you make.

Now that I looked at the 1990 file, I see that the ratings are made for arcade style play. Everyone has 99 stamina and 95 durability. Would the orster owner mind if I adjusted it for a more simulation style of play?

I also looked at Steelers 1979 and 1986 files. Overall, they both look real nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2007, 12:07 AM   #22
MVP

dophin26's Arena

I have 8 teams finished so far. I was on vacation for a week, so I wasn't around, but I am back working on it. I have had to go back to the first few teams, however, since I found some ratings were too low or too high. Guards couldn't get out to pull, INTs were too high adn I either completed every pass or none of them. I fixed most of this to an extent and am thinking about including my "sliders" settings as well, just so people know why things are set the way they are.

On my first settings, I was scoring tons of points, so I switched them up and the Seahawks had me down 35-7 after the first half against the Lions and I'm not THAT bad a player Billy Sims had 19 yards on 19 carries after that game. Curt Warner, for the computer, had 143 on something like 8 carries. It was a little ridiculous.

One last note- don't know if anyone else is seeing this. I am finding that when I make edits and go back and forth from editor to game I am getting "skin" mistakes here and there and when the roster is brought back to the editor, I occasionally have errors that it needs to fix. Overall though, I've fixed them and am having fun in '83 playtesting.

New video coming soon too...
Old 08-14-2007, 12:56 AM   #23
MVP

dophin26's Arena

****ALERT****

I sorta guessed this before I did it, but I am sure it's happening now-

If you just have NFL History overwrite one or two teams at a time, as I have, the program assumes the only names that matter are the ones it's writing and the others already in the game are unneeded. That means any teams you may have already completed could have guys with new names. It's happened a number of times to me so far. Most are obvious and easy to correct, but some are difficult to find.

That might make people shy away from the "one team at a time" idea.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:34 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 20

^good point, dolphin-- thanks for mentioning that

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »