Home

Question about player ratings...Is there a differnece between NFL 2k & madden??

This is a discussion on Question about player ratings...Is there a differnece between NFL 2k & madden?? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-07-2007, 02:41 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Question about player ratings...Is there a differnece between NFL 2k & madden??

Quote:
For a fellow eagles fan I can give a sample of my charts to show you what I did for the rookies... and any other pointers I can give you let me know - Im new to this site (2K5 Forever, 2K sports forums) but Ive spent about 12 months in the last 3 years on the rosters for this game and if im not an expert - Id love to know what an expert is...

By the way - the 4 combine events you need for all the players is 40 yrd - speed, 20 yrd shuttle - Quickness , bench - power, Vertical - Jumping
for anyone else reading the topic, this^ style is nothing new. i can think of several people whove been formulaically using the combine results & the range of the '04 default rookie ratings for several seasons already.l

i attached an example spreadsheet used to rate defensive rookies from one of these roster-makers. this is an early version & his actual formulas are protected per his request, but basically it's common sense: you can see that physical attributes (SPD AGL STR JMP, etc) are determined by the combine numbers within the range of the original 04 default rookies. positional skill attributes are valued based on his proprietary formula which weights statistics like sacks, tackles, INTs. there are even adjustments to consistency & composure based on whether the school was Div1A and/or from a major/power conference.

im not commenting on these rosters at all, just saying that ppl have been using this method since the game came out & have been releasing them for free.

attached spreadsheet courtesy of aaron54de, his rosters are available here:
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeekp5y/index.html
Attached Files
File Type: zip Rookie_Formulation.zip (11.0 KB, 17 views)
Old 06-08-2007, 03:25 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Question about player ratings...Is there a differnece between NFL 2k & madden??

Dont use Madden ratings for 2K or vice versa. It doesnt work. Overall ratings always come out different because there are several attributes in both games that affect the overall rating but arent in the other game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »