Home

Question about player ratings...Is there a differnece between NFL 2k & madden??

This is a discussion on Question about player ratings...Is there a differnece between NFL 2k & madden?? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-04-2007, 04:01 PM   #9
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Question about player ratings...Is there a differnece between NFL 2k & madden??

Yeah, I don't think we're talking apples and oranges here. I think we're talking something like apples and, um, lawn furniture! For example, depending on the effect you want you'd need to enhance or dumb down various attributes. But again, if you want realistic simmed game/season stats you need to go one way. If you want great in-game play at the expense of some realistic stats, you'll have to do other things. I'll have to find a thread I was involved in later and bump it up that speaks to some of this.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:29 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Question about player ratings...Is there a differnece between NFL 2k & madden??

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Yeah, I don't think we're talking apples and oranges here. I think we're talking something like apples and, um, lawn furniture! For example, depending on the effect you want you'd need to enhance or dumb down various attributes. But again, if you want realistic simmed game/season stats you need to go one way. If you want great in-game play at the expense of some realistic stats, you'll have to do other things. I'll have to find a thread I was involved in later and bump it up that speaks to some of this.
actually I'd like it both ways if possible. Having both a realistic simmed games/season & Great in-gameplay would be ideal but is that even possible??

I'll keep my eyes open for that thread because i'm on the fence when it comes to doing player attributes...should I go w/ Madden esque ratings or keep it the 2K way...but then again if I do that (the 2K way) most players in my farnchise have already beem messed w/ by somebody else other than me so I have no guide as to0 how a player should really be ranked skill set wise.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:44 PM   #11
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1EaglesFan1973
actually I'd like it both ways if possible. Having both a realistic simmed games/season & Great in-gameplay would be ideal but is that even possible??
I wish it were possible, but I don't think so. It may be moreso with 2K4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2007, 03:26 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

o do the rookies, you have to graph the original 2k5 player-specific position combine results with their ratings in 2k5. I did this for every position. It takes a long time but in the end it is worth it.

You cant use Madden ratings straight because the range is way off from the 2k series. madden goes pretty much from 99 - 50 while 2k goes from 99-30 or so...so you have to graph these out too.

Its complicated and this is why Im gonna sell my 2k8 version on ebay. But best of luck to ya - but I wouldn't go directly from madden to 2k -

By the way you can find all the madden 08 ratings online around august....
Old 06-06-2007, 04:06 AM   #13
Rookie

For a fellow eagles fan I can give a sample of my charts to show you what I did for the rookies... and any other pointers I can give you let me know - Im new to this site (2K5 Forever, 2K sports forums) but Ive spent about 12 months in the last 3 years on the rosters for this game and if im not an expert - Id love to know what an expert is...

1 thing I would love to do - that is get the ACTUAL pictures of new players into the game - I know that it would involve dling jpegs or bmp or whatever file they used to the xbox hd somehow like they did in roster updates, but theres got to be a way with a usb or something that would be sick... if someone tells me how to do this then I absolutely bow down to you...
Go Eagles!
Old 06-06-2007, 01:51 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejesus02
For a fellow eagles fan I can give a sample of my charts to show you what I did for the rookies... and any other pointers I can give you let me know - Im new to this site (2K5 Forever, 2K sports forums) but Ive spent about 12 months in the last 3 years on the rosters for this game and if im not an expert - Id love to know what an expert is...

1 thing I would love to do - that is get the ACTUAL pictures of new players into the game - I know that it would involve dling jpegs or bmp or whatever file they used to the xbox hd somehow like they did in roster updates, but theres got to be a way with a usb or something that would be sick... if someone tells me how to do this then I absolutely bow down to you...
Go Eagles!
I'd love to to see some of your charts. If possible can I see what your player ratings are for the entire Eagles team??

yeah man if you could the actual pics for each new player on there that would be pretty damn sweet. I hope that you can keep me updated on your quest for that.

Last edited by #1EaglesFan1973; 06-06-2007 at 01:56 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:23 PM   #15
Rookie

I can give you my ratings for the Eagles but it is for last year - Ive just been getting all the guys on the right teams and signing all the rookies for this year (its only June) but PM me and tell me how to send you the combine chart - its in excel format and there are different files for every position. By the way - no I wouldnt have the franchise with complete ratings ready until like September but I can give you some teams to play with to see what i had last year (with this years player moves). IE Curtis, Bethel Johnson + draft picks on the Eagles.

By the way - the 4 combine events you need for all the players is 40 yrd - speed, 20 yrd shuttle - Quickness , bench - power, Vertical - Jumping

Look here: hzzp://www.mynfldraft.com/NFL-Scouting-Combine-Results/RB/FB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2007, 10:27 PM   #16
Rookie

dejesus02 what is your NFL 2K5 w/ 07-08 season listed as on ebay??

whoops never mind you already answered it above (won't be done til around Sept.)

Last edited by #1EaglesFan1973; 06-06-2007 at 10:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »