Home

07/08 Franchise or Roster File for NFL 2K5 (XBOX)??

This is a discussion on 07/08 Franchise or Roster File for NFL 2K5 (XBOX)?? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-07-2007, 06:33 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: 07/08 Franchise or Roster File for NFL 2K5 (XBOX)??

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1EaglesFan1973
Puja isn't it a little 2 early to say who made out better w/ those Draft Picks don't you think?? It's only been 1 year.
i actually totally agree with you-- i think the eagles have an absolute stockpile of young talent on the OL & DL, which of course made Rayburn & Walker expendable. Whitner (& Ko Simpson too) definitely has some shortcomings in run def, which were further exposed by a poor DT rotation in BUF last season.

my point wasnt really to say that whitner is definitively the better player long-haul, but more to comment on the other eagles fan's (the self-professed "expert) statement that anyone who makes Justice, Bunkley, or Moats higher than x-rating is "shyte." since he is such an wizard, he must've certainly known all along that these Eagle picks would "suck" (his opinion), & thus must also have disagreed with virtually the entire media, who expected Buffalo to take Bunkley & Justice even higher.

im sure everyone recalls that when whitner was selected, the bills were basically the laughing stock of the league. virtually all ESPN personalities & most major bloggers thought the pick was a reach. first of all, i never understand this stance from sports personalities. example: this june, how is Mike Conley a reach for the point-guard-desperate-Hawks at 3, but he is a "good value" for the Grizzlies at 4. This was a real POV from Chad Ford. Are you kidding me??? Whitner of course won the first rookie-of-the-month award that season & became a relatively productive player.

furthermore, the Bills later made several statements in their own defense, which i believe to be very logical:
(1) Levy said he knew whitner was "the guy" for them, so why should he wait or trade down & risk losing him to another "irrational" team (ie BUF rates him here, couldnt another GM also "make a reach"?)
(2) Every expert & their mother torched BUF for not trading down, like there is just some trade button you can press in a videogame. Levy said it was actually very difficult to find a partner with whom to trade down the "correct level," even when he brought the "draft pick trade value" matrix into the mix (something the Bills dont use, though many other teams do). He also mentioned the time constraints facing all teams to negotiate pick trade w/ the clock ticking.

really i was trying to reiterate that almost no players are ever definitively "****e" at the NFL level. coming in, they virtually all have the experience & physical tools to be successful if they subsequently receive some combination of the right system, teammates, & coaching staff. So much comes from those things: motivation, preparation, leadership, & surrounding talent to take the heat off you.

your point is well made: whitner actually has a lot of these positive factors in his corner right now which are definitely contributing to his relative success. both Justice & Bunkley could very well surpass him during their careers. (and who knows what injuries any of the 3 will face)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2007, 04:08 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
don't need too...I know the facts. Philly is now the most crime ridden city in the US...especially when it comes too murders. It's a battle that us cops are losing right now. Too many Bad guys & not enough 5 O. Philly is a very bad place too live.

and new orleans leads the way for 07 this year
http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/frontpa...910.xml&coll=1

just sayin u might wanna check up on that.

Last edited by 500bloc; 06-11-2007 at 04:18 AM.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:20 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500bloc

and new orleans leads the way for 07 this year
http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/frontpa...910.xml&coll=1

just sayin u might wanna check up on that.
who cares?? I live it everyday & know what it's like here. Philadelphia has now been labled by us in the PPD as "Killadelphia" now. So ok there are other cities w/ more murders....good for them but I live here & like I said it's bad right now & getting worse.

This isn't a competition chief...this crap is serious.

Last edited by #1EaglesFan1973; 06-12-2007 at 12:01 AM.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:37 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
who cares?? I live it everyday & know what it's like here. Philadelphia has now been labled by PPD as "Killadelphia" now. So ok there are other cities w/ more murders....good for them I live here & like I said it's bad right & now & getting worse.

This isn't a competition chief...this crap is serious.
I was just making a point that even though its bad there, its even worse in other places
Old 06-11-2007, 08:50 PM   #45
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

C'mon guys....it's a forum about video game rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2007, 10:03 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

yeah, let's remember the cincinnati bengals being the team with the most convicts on it...
Old 06-12-2007, 11:01 PM   #47
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
yeah, let's remember the cincinnati bengals being the team with the most convicts on it...
C'mon! The Bengals are going to be 11-5 this year!

11 misdemeanors and 5 felonies!
Old 06-14-2007, 08:33 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
C'mon! The Bengals are going to be 11-5 this year!

11 misdemeanors and 5 felonies!

HAHAHAHAHA! Oh and I figured Camden, NJ would be a little above Philly in every sense of crime.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »