Home

07/08 Franchise or Roster File for NFL 2K5 (XBOX)??

This is a discussion on 07/08 Franchise or Roster File for NFL 2K5 (XBOX)?? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-31-2007, 01:11 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: 07/08 Franchise or Roster File for NFL 2K5 (XBOX)??

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1EaglesFan1973
you know what puja shouldn't have did what he did either.

Anyway...it is what it is. It's over & done w/
agree 100%
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2007, 11:13 PM   #26
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejesus02
Anyways..... Im making it as we speak - but I got to tell ya - Im gonna try to do an EXCELLENT job this year - it was good last year but even better this year and I'm gonna try to put it on ebay for about 4.99 or so - it takes A LOT OF TIME and effort so i said it last year but Im gonna try to sell it this year - I know this is against the spirit of it all but - gotta pay my bills right - anyways look for it around August or so if your intrested..
I understand wanting to do this, but can't agree in principle. But to each his own, but I would warn you coming into OS and "advertising" it. That wouldn't be in the spirit of this community.

On another note....glad you guys are cool with each other. Puja I'll be working on my brand of edits (once I find the friggin' guideline paper I had....doh!) and pass them by you when the time comes. E.F.73....very big of you bro to take the high road. Much respect for that....and the Philly mindset is understood. My screenname here ain't exactly cuz I'm a Sens fan!

Last edited by daflyboys; 05-31-2007 at 11:17 PM.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:37 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 10

nevermind.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:55 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

My file is in Franchise form for XBox

I have played through 3 seasons with my friends so player stats accumulated are from my own personal seasons. All the players are updated fully with names, numbers Play by play names - all depth charts - everything done proper.

I use ratings based on Madden but I adjust for the rating scale of the 2k5 game. I use the chart that i made up up in excel for the combine results - ratings based on 2k5 rookies.

All team strategies are based on 06 tendencies - I'll adjust for new coordinators - ie jags are gonna bomb it out more this year.

if anybody wants to play the game NOT in franchise mode - just export all the teams to your hard drive.

Now all that say I shouldn't sell what Im doing on ebay - spending 5 months working on this (plus 5 months last year and the year before that) (I'm a football junky anyways) - don't buy it and have fun downloading and playing with rosters with Tiki Barber still on the Giants or Adrian Peterson rated 95 overall....
Old 06-06-2007, 09:51 AM   #29
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

I have played through 3 seasons with my friends so player stats accumulated are from my own personal seasons. All the players are updated fully with names, numbers Play by play names - all depth charts - everything done proper.

I use ratings based on Madden but I adjust for the rating scale of the 2k5 game. I use the chart that i made up up in excel for the combine results - ratings based on 2k5 rookies.

All team strategies are based on 06 tendencies - I'll adjust for new coordinators - ie jags are gonna bomb it out more this year.

if anybody wants to play the game NOT in franchise mode - just export all the teams to your hard drive.

Now all that say I shouldn't sell what Im doing on ebay - spending 5 months working on this (plus 5 months last year and the year before that) (I'm a football junky anyways) - don't buy it and have fun downloading and playing with rosters with Tiki Barber still on the Giants or Adrian Peterson rated 95 overall....

So is this supposed to be a lesson on making friends and influencing people?
Old 06-06-2007, 01:58 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

Is your 2K8 version available on ebay now?? & what is your ebay username so I can find it??
Old 06-06-2007, 02:08 PM   #31
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
So is this supposed to be a lesson on making friends and influencing people?
I guess I should have charged him $49.99 for the editor + royalties per roster sold.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2007, 02:17 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
or they could just DL mine or any other roster-maker's files for free right here @ OS come august. i can say w/ confidence that no quality OS roster-maker would ever have tiki barber on the 07-08 giants, & while most of the work ive seen (from flipmo, daflyboys, rickster, dan, etc) certainly wouldnt make a rookie @ 95, it doesnt matter b/c all ratings are inherently flawed. Even the original 04 rookies had hiccups. if you chart their combine performance against their ratings-- not every player (even @ a given pos) falls into the range of a formula. so, just like in madden, there was some human element in the default system even for determining more measurable skills like SPD STR JMP AGL. And if every one one of the 1500 players in a roster fell into an exact forumla, it still doesn't account for the intangibles-- the Jerry Rice/Emmitt Smith/Terrell Davis/Tom Brady/Marques Colston factor.

Ratings are subjective & constantly fluctuate.

although this is an open forum, you prob arent going to find many OS members who agree w/ ur selling rosters. we all spend time making our files too... & none that ive seen charge a dime. PS nice pickup Finn... sorta puts it in perspective as to who does the real work behind each of these files

Last edited by puja21; 06-06-2007 at 02:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »